Close

Relocation bracket / ebrake line rubbing together

Was noticing a new click clack under the Jeep today so checked it out when I got home. Needed to tighten down my passenger rear sway bar, nbd. Decided to do a more thorough check of other bolts and noticed this:
    9A6CB116-D267-4C6C-81D5-C62BA26C5BAD.JPG

My lift's rear trackbar relocation bracket (Rock Krawler 2.5 Flex) eating into the protection sleeve (not sure what the official name of that thing is) of my drive side ebrake cable. Luckily it looks like the cable is fine. I drive a manual so I use the ebrake as well as leaving it in gear when parked.

I ended up surrounding the bolt with some extra door trim padding I had laying around and gorilla tapped the crap out of everything so the metal bolt couldn't dig into it any more and covered up the damaged sleeve, but need to think of a more permanent solution.

3AC5E852-4347-474C-9EC3-A8DAEE0FA11F.JPG

--Erin
    --Erin

Can you flip the bolt?
    how about a pic of the entire track bar bracket to see how it's mounted on

Perhaps a hose or pad over the bolt.
    '11 JK Silver 2 Door-ACE bumpers-37" Toyo Open Country MTs-Smittybilt sliders-Warn 10K Zeon Winch-3" lift front -4.5" JKU lift rear-Fox shocks-AEV heat reduction hood-ProRock 44-ARB lockers-5.13 gears-RubiCrawler-RCV Axles-Poison Spyder Crusher Flares-EVO Rock Skins-M.O.R.E. Battery Tray-Odyssey dual batteries-ProGrip Brakes-PSC Hydro Assist

There should be a cable inside that protection sleeve (just like the rest of the cable outside of that sleeve). Its just foam and I doubt if it rubs through it'll hurt anything. I have a spot like this too and hasn't caused any problems. I'd still flip the bolt if possible.
    Last edited by jesse3638; 04-20-2017 at 12:17 AM.

Quote Originally Posted by jeeeep View Post
    Can you flip the bolt?
    how about a pic of the entire track bar bracket to see how it's mounted on
    Here's a better picture. Can't flip it. I think there might some rubber bolt caps I think that might work. Figured this weekend to wonder around Home Depot to see if I could find a rubber stopper or cap that could work. I just ended up covering both bolts for the time being but this is seriously temp ghetto for sure

IMG_8657.JPG

IMG_8658.JPG

Sent from my iPhone using WAYALIFE mobile app
    --Erin

Quote Originally Posted by aermid View Post
    Here's a better picture. Can't flip it. I think there might some rubber bolt caps I think that might work. Figured this weekend to wonder around Home Depot to see if I could find a rubber stopper or cap that could work. I just ended up covering both bolts for the time being but this is seriously temp ghetto for sure

Why don't you have the bracket welded on and then lose the ubolt completely.

Quote Originally Posted by WJCO View Post
    Why don't you have the bracket welded on and then lose the ubolt completely.
    That's an idea. Welding isn't a skill I've picked up yet; been interested though. Might could talk to the local jeep shop about it.

--Erin

Go to your local muffler shop and have them weld that bracket on and lose the bolts.
    I use my local muffler shop to do quite a bit of welding like that for me they're cheap
    Last edited by jeeeep; 04-20-2017 at 10:55 PM.

That's odd, not sure why duplicated my post
    from my phone

Quote Originally Posted by jeeeep View Post
    Go to your local muffler shop and have them weld that bracket on loose the bolts.
    I use my local muffler shop to do quite a bit of welding like that for me they're cheap
    That's a good tip, thanks

--Erin