Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Prorock 9/16 Lug Nuts

Prorock 9/16 Lug Nuts

Mcguard or Gorilla or what are you running on your prorocks. Looks like anything decent is 150 to 200 bucks. hex or spline?

I had to run these for my HD 60/60 set to work with atx beadlocks

https://www.amazon.com/gp/product/B0...?ie=UTF8&psc=1

Hooked
    I went eBay - sdwheelcorp - and got their 32 Black 9/16 Duplex XXL Closed Ended Lug Nuts 1994-2010 for $27 shipped. They are 2.3" long.

Initial thoughts is the fit and finish looks good but still waiting on my new gear to arrive, so I haven't bolted them up. If they suck I'm only out $30.
    Last edited by Bigjimbo; 04-29-2017 at 03:07 PM. Reason: corrected seller

I have the 3" Gorilla lug nuts. They stick out plenty and allow you to remove/install lug nuts without tearing up the wheels.

IMG_6043.jpg

Screen Shot 2016-02-05 at 4.44.41 AM.jpg

Sent from my iPhone using WAYALIFE mobile app
    Last edited by highoctane; 04-29-2017 at 03:56 PM.
    2015 Anvil Rubicon Unlimited
    Evo Mfg Double Throwdown suspension w/Evo Lever
    Evo Mfg high clearance long arms
    Evo Mfg PR60 high steer w/PSC hydraulic assist
    Dynatrac ProRock XD60 front axle
    Dynatrac ProRock 80 rear axle
    ARB lockers & 5.38 gears
    JE Reel 1350 front/1410 rear driveshafts
    Evo Mfg rocker/corner armor/bumper
    17" ATX Slabs & 40" Nitto Mud Grapplers

Proud to be one of Uncle Sam's Misguided Children 2001 - 2010. Semper Fi

I'm going to try and run the same gorilla "system" on the new axles that I'm currently using for my wheels now. I've been really happy with it, I just hope the key will fit without me fvcking my wheels up but I'll check that once they get back from powder coat this week.

*Edit, the size of these with the key fit the trailready wheels perfectly. I just hope they are long enough for the lugs on the axles as I see most everyone has 3" length nuts and these are only 2"... Might be a little short, story of my life.

81DO2GKaygL._SL1500_.jpg
    Last edited by tgoss; 05-10-2017 at 07:50 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by tgoss View Post
    I'm going to try and run the same gorilla "system" on the new axles that I'm currently using for my wheels now. I've been really happy with it, I just hope the key will fit without me fvcking my wheels up but I'll check that once they get back from powder coat this week.

*Edit, the size of these with the key fit the trailready wheels perfectly. I just hope they are long enough for the lugs on the axles as I see most everyone has 3" length nuts and these are only 2"... Might be a little short, story of my life.

81DO2GKaygL._SL1500_.jpg
    How did it work out for you? I have the TR HD beadlocks as well (slim ring) and will be installing them on the axles when I get them installed. Was the 2" enough or are they too close and should have gone with the 3"? I need to get mine ordered.
    '95 YJ, 5-speed with 3.5" lift on 33s - Sold
    '13 JK Unlimited, "Rocktrooper", MC GC on 37s - Sold
    '12 JK Unlimited, currently being built
    It's never just a Jeep.....

Hooked
    The 2.3” I got are plenty long.

After a few months on the jeep and three tire rotations I can’t recommend the ones I bought. The finish is cracking and they are deteriorating fast. The eBay seller did give me a full refund.

My TR HD17s with the 2.3” lugs.

IMG_1866.JPG

Caught the Bug
    Quote Originally Posted by g00se04 View Post
    I had to run these for my HD 60/60 set to work with atx beadlocks

https://www.amazon.com/gp/product/B0...?ie=UTF8&psc=1
    Anyone know the length of these - I see them recommended a few times ????

Quote Originally Posted by Finn Sizzle View Post
    How did it work out for you? I have the TR HD beadlocks as well (slim ring) and will be installing them on the axles when I get them installed. Was the 2" enough or are they too close and should have gone with the 3"? I need to get mine ordered.
    Which lug nuts did you go with ?

Quote Originally Posted by Bigjimbo View Post
    The 2.3” I got are plenty long.

After a few months on the jeep and three tire rotations I can’t recommend the ones I bought. The finish is cracking and they are deteriorating fast. The eBay seller did give me a full refund.

My TR HD17s with the 2.3” lugs.

IMG_1866.JPG
    Did you end up replacing them ?

So sometimes things just suck - I finished my PRO Rock axle install last week - waited a week for my Adams 1350 driveshafts - pulled out of the driveway and realized something wasnt right - pulled back in the garage - jacked up the back of the jeep and realized the tires I had torqued down were awful loose ---darn it - bought the wrong size lug nuts back in June that measured 1.7" long - frustrated I ordered these Link which measured 2" - paid extra to have them here next day - Installed them------ARGH still too short again --- this is on the rear axles......
    now its Thursday and looks like Im looking at next before I can get the right lugs --- give me some links ?

Quote Originally Posted by Deacon View Post
    Anyone know the length of these - I see them recommended a few times ????

Which lug nuts did you go with ?

Did you end up replacing them ?

So sometimes things just suck - I finished my PRO Rock axle install last week - waited a week for my Adams 1350 driveshafts - pulled out of the driveway and realized something wasnt right - pulled back in the garage - jacked up the back of the jeep and realized the tires I had torqued down were awful loose ---darn it - bought the wrong size lug nuts back in June that measured 1.7" long - frustrated I ordered these Link which measured 2" - paid extra to have them here next day - Installed them------ARGH still too short again --- this is on the rear axles......
    now its Thursday and looks like Im looking at next before I can get the right lugs --- give me some links ?
    The gorilla lug nuts that Highoctane suggested above are the one's you want.

Caught the Bug
    Quote Originally Posted by TrainWreck618 View Post
    The gorilla lug nuts that Highoctane suggested above are the one's you want.

SO if Im reading that right - thats $160 for lug nuts

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast