Page 11 of 21 FirstFirst ... 910111213 ... LastLast

Thread: CANCELED My AAA Premier Road Side Assistance - Think You're Covered? Think Again

Fresh Catch
    Quote Originally Posted by wayoflife View Post
    As mentioned, I've had AAA roadside assistance and been a Premier Member for well over 10 years. Anyone who knows me knows, I have always highly recommending their services if only because they had been so helpful in the past. Now that I know their help is not guaranteed, that they'll allow their drivers to extort me or be denied service on the grounds that it's "unsafe" to tow my Jeep and stand by them, I no longer see a need to keep paying for their so called service.

It's easy to get a tow truck to come out and help you even if you don't have roadside assistance. Even if I had to pay the $600 that the driver in question was extorting me for, that still would have been cheaper than paying for Premium Roadside Assistance for as long as I have.
    Thanks for clarifying...I hadn't checked on the thread for a few days until I got the notification on the update via email so I missed the earlier mention. I'll be looking more seriously at other options too, knowing this. (I was left stranded once in a parking lot (paved lot and paved up to the lot but since it was the parking lot for the local off road park, they said they wouldn't even come out and I was left fixing a busted transmission line until dark). I figured it was probably an anomaly but my confidence is fading.

Quote Originally Posted by vgullotta View Post
    Apparently they go through the Comcast Customer Service Training Program at AAA
    Or Chase Bank.

Sent from my iPhone using WAYALIFE mobile app

Not a problem in southern Utah

Duct tape can't fix stupid, but it can muffle the sounds.

Fresh Catch
    AAA Gold for 17 years...towed modified Jeeps, Rovers and Land Cruisers many times. Even had them pick up trucks I'd purchased and not registered yet. Never, ever any issues.

Fresh Catch

Exclamation

Now that we know AAA is stalking the thread, hope they hear this:

With this apathy toward long-standing members, I cannot continue my AAA service and have just cancelled my membership as well.

Quote Originally Posted by TheCodeMonk View Post
    Thanks for clarifying...I hadn't checked on the thread for a few days until I got the notification on the update via email so I missed the earlier mention. I'll be looking more seriously at other options too, knowing this. (I was left stranded once in a parking lot (paved lot and paved up to the lot but since it was the parking lot for the local off road park, they said they wouldn't even come out and I was left fixing a busted transmission line until dark). I figured it was probably an anomaly but my confidence is fading.
    That's just stupid but at least, they told you up front and didn't try to extort you.

I've been doing this Jeep thing a long time and have seen plenty of built up Jeeps getting towed by really nice drivers and without any issues. Hell, what part of this looks safe?

I've even seen one tow truck driver come out on a trail, get stuck and have to get pulled out by another Jeep and he was totally cool about it.

Again, my specific problem with AAA is that they are standing behind one of their drivers who clearly was trying to extort $600-$700 out of me and when I refused to pay it, he left me stranded claiming that it was "unsafe" to tow my Jeep.

Quote Originally Posted by CTarna View Post
    Now that we know AAA is stalking the thread, hope they hear this:

With this apathy toward long-standing members, I cannot continue my AAA service and have just cancelled my membership as well.
    I am hoping they are reading this thread, still.

I hope they know that they lost me as a potential customer. If Eddie had posted up that AAA saved him instead of leaving him stranded out in the middle of nowhere unless he paid more money on the spot, I would have bought a plan immediately as I am in the market for a roadside assistance plan. Instead, they choose to defend the asshole tow truck driver who is probably screwing everyone else out of their hard earned dollars.

And with that, my one final message to AAA: Get bent and pound sand.
    2006 Jeep TJ
    "The Banana Jeep"

Quote Originally Posted by BillTheCat View Post
    January 2017
    Quote Originally Posted by Tozovr View Post
    AAA Gold for 17 years...towed modified Jeeps, Rovers and Land Cruisers many times. Even had them pick up trucks I'd purchased and not registered yet. Never, ever any issues.
    Like I said, they have helped me and my friends plenty of times in the past and without issue. The problem here is that it only takes the one time that you really need their help and the guy they send will only do it if you pay $600-$700. If you're unwilling to pay it, your Jeep will be determined to be "unsafe" to tow and they will stand behind his decision.

I'm glad you guys were able to limp home. Sucks to pay for an insurance policy and not be able to use it when needed. Anyway, this story will probably cost them way more than the cost to flatbed your Jeep.

Hooked
    Quote Originally Posted by BananaJeep View Post
    I am hoping they are reading this thread, still.

I hope they know that they lost me as a potential customer. If Eddie had posted up that AAA saved him instead of leaving him stranded out in the middle of nowhere unless he paid more money on the spot, I would have bought a plan immediately as I am in the market for a roadside assistance plan. Instead, they choose to defend the asshole tow truck driver who is probably screwing everyone else out of their hard earned dollars.

And with that, my one final message to AAA: Get bent and pound sand.
    Geico offers it if you need an alternative =)

Page 11 of 21 FirstFirst ... 910111213 ... LastLast