Page 2 of 21 FirstFirst 123412 ... LastLast

Thread: CANCELED My AAA Premier Road Side Assistance - Think You're Covered? Think Again

Quote Originally Posted by WJCO View Post
    Wow. Sorry to hear. What a crock of shit. I have had good luck with Metlife but not too sure of the fine print with them.
    The biggest crock of shit is that they wanted to know what I thought of their service. I told them and they just used the opportunity to defend the actions of their driver and tell me that I needed to read their terms and conditions again.

Stranded in big bear. AAA was there. No issues.

IMG_4514.jpg

And have used it personally at least two other times for ENVY on 37s. McPucks rig was towed from outside Pleasantville down to Fullerton. Maxed out the 200 miles.

Sounds like the fine print is up to interpretation by the tow company and that guy was straight douche.
    I think I may consider lifting my Jeep. Or not.
    The Evolution of ENVY

The driver was the only one at fault for that whole ordeal. As a former tow truck operator out of Minnesota, the only time I refused to tow a vehicle was due to extremly lowered vehicles. Due to damaging of the bumpers. But to be able to throw moaby up on my flat bed, would have been a privilege, and a great conversation starter! If anything, give terrible reviews to that tow operator and their company. Mostly for being to lazy to do their job...

Mr Beedle

I'd forward those pics to them!

Sent from my XT1080 using WAYALIFE mobile app
    “Dogs are our link to paradise. They don't know evil or jealousy or discontent. To sit with a dog on a hillside on a glorious afternoon is to be back in Eden, where doing nothing was not boring--it was peace.”

“Twenty years from now you will be more disappointed by the things that you didn't do than by the ones you did do...
    Explore. Dream. Discover."

"Take a compass, because it's always awkward when you have to eat a friend."

Peoples attitudes really do suck ass now a days.

I had a similar issue recently with progressive road side assistance. I hashed an accessory drive pully and threw my serpentine belt coming down a steep grade in my area. Got in touch with my road side assistance explained that my girlfriend and I were stranded on the side of the road. Made sure they understood that there was two of us multiple times, and explained that my jeep would likely require a roll back for the 50 mile tow home. Long story short after waiting nearly 3 hours the tow company shows up with a wrecker and not enough room for both of us. The driver went ballistic on me. I pointed out his issue was with progressive and not me and he finally calmed down a bit. Being as this was the only tow company within 100 miles I had no choice but to have him tow my jeep home with the wrecker. My girlfriend went with him and came back to get me with her renegade nearly 2 hours later. On top of all of this I got a bill in the mail a week later from the towing company and progressive raised my premium. Needless to say, I don't insure through them anymore. glad you posted this Eddie, I was considering getting AAA.

Wow that sucks. Good that you canceled.

Sent from my iPhone using WAYALIFE mobile app

That dude from Mississippi notnalc68's Avatar
    Triple A Premier is not cheap, either. I've had it, but now this makes me think I shouldn't renew. I can understand, stating the policy to you, but they could have been more apologetic, since you've been a long time member, and since they've done it for you before. That email had no hint of true apology in it.

Jeep parts and accessories purchased through the following link will help support this forum and at no cost to you.
    RECOMMENDED JEEP PARTS & ACCESSORIES

The Original Smartass piginajeep's Avatar
    Wtf is the difference between moby and my F250?

2012 JK8
    1958 FC170 (Jeep Forward Control)
    1953 M38A1

In my line of work I see vehicles get towed regularly, many with missing tires, axles or with other miscellaneous parts dangling off precariously. The drivers do a pretty good job locking everything down. Your experience is the first time I've heard of a rejected tow due to a safety concern.

But it Sounds like $700 would have made the situation much safer...

(extortion)

Page 2 of 21 FirstFirst 123412 ... LastLast