Page 11 of 11 FirstFirst ... 91011

Thread: Trail Ready Beadlock Wheels Installation Write-Up

Knows a Thing or Two
    ALL 5 done! Each one took 30-60 minutes.
    Attached Images Attached Images

The Original Smartass piginajeep's Avatar
    Pinks a nice touch. Looks good !

Sent from my iPhone using WAYALIFE mobile app
    2012 JK8
    1958 FC170 (Jeep Forward Control)
    1953 M38A1

Bump on an old thread.

I mounted a new spare today on my Trail Ready beadlocks, and thought I should have read this first, I pretty much hit all the right points.

I tightened the bolts in a circle, little by little, though now I see I should have gone in a star. In the end, it came out right, and I went 3 times around without turning a bolt for final torque.

After mounting the spare, I thought "I wonder about the bolts on the rest of the wheels. I have not checked them since I bought it.

I tightened every bolt between a quarter to a half a turn, and a handful about three quarters of a turn.

I ended up going around each wheel four times until I was satisfied that all bolts we're in spec.

There has been no sign of leaking, and no gap between the rings and wheels. I don't know if they came loose over time, or were never tightened up correctly to begin with.

Now I'm sure glad I checked it out. I wonder what else is loose? Now I am on a mission to make sure things are right before the next Rubicon trip.

Knows a Thing or Two Clearskies's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by jdofmemi View Post
    Bump on an old thread.

I mounted a new spare today on my Trail Ready beadlocks, and thought I should have read this first, I pretty much hit all the right points.

I tightened the bolts in a circle, little by little, though now I see I should have gone in a star. In the end, it came out right, and I went 3 times around without turning a bolt for final torque.

After mounting the spare, I thought "I wonder about the bolts on the rest of the wheels. I have not checked them since I bought it.

I tightened every bolt between a quarter to a half a turn, and a handful about three quarters of a turn.

I ended up going around each wheel four times until I was satisfied that all bolts we're in spec.

There has been no sign of leaking, and no gap between the rings and wheels. I don't know if they came loose over time, or were never tightened up correctly to begin with.

Now I'm sure glad I checked it out. I wonder what else is loose? Now I am on a mission to make sure things are right before the next Rubicon trip.
    I don't know if this helps or not but when I saw your post I remembered their instructions saying to never re-torque after initial install.
    http://trbeadlocks.com/Websites/trwh...ockinstall.pdf

Quote Originally Posted by Clearskies View Post
    I don't know if this helps or not but when I saw your post I remembered their instructions saying to never re-torque after initial install.
    http://trbeadlocks.com/Websites/trwh...ockinstall.pdf
    Hmmm

That would have been good to read before I did it.

I think it will be ok, but I will certainly be watching closely for any sign of trouble.

I'm thinking some spare bolts may be in order just in case

Another thread bump.

Getting ready to mount my new tires, and that means new beadlock bolts. I reread the whole thread, and can't find if they are course, 18, or fine, 24, thread 5/16 bolts

I can get them in bulk, 200 for $33 but would hate to have that many of the wrong ones.

I'm out of town, so I can't even pull one from the spare to check

Knows a Thing or Two Clearskies's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by jdofmemi View Post
    Another thread bump.

Getting ready to mount my new tires, and that means new beadlock bolts. I reread the whole thread, and can't find if they are course, 18, or fine, 24, thread 5/16 bolts

I can get them in bulk, 200 for $33 but would hate to have that many of the wrong ones.

I'm out of town, so I can't even pull one from the spare to check
    Take a look at TR's site. I believe they say.
    Take a look at ordering from them (they say there) then get them from the hardware store

Quote Originally Posted by Clearskies View Post
    Take a look at TR's site. I believe they say.
    Take a look at ordering from them (they say there) then get them from the hardware store
    I found it, I was looking at the install instructions, and it called out diameter and length, but not pitch.
    On the order page per your suggestion, it calls out pitch at 18

Proper size grade 8, 5/16", 1 1/4" long, 18 threads per inch

Page 11 of 11 FirstFirst ... 91011