Page 5 of 11 FirstFirst ... 34567 ... LastLast

Thread: Trail Ready Beadlock Wheels Installation Write-Up

Can't agree more about the ease of install. These took me about 30 mins each with 40" nittos versus 45-50 mins each with kmc machetes and coopers.

I really like these a lot just can't wait to see them on the Jeep!

IMG_4304.jpg

Quote Originally Posted by TrainWreck618 View Post
    Trail Ready beadlocks do not have threaded inserts.

Sent from my iPhone using WAYALIFE mobile app
    Well that's interesting... I haven't seen Trail Ready BL's in person up close yet. I just assumed that any aluminum wheel that had a bolt going into it via a gorilla (that's me!) turning it would have a replaceable insert for said bolt.

Quote Originally Posted by JAGS View Post
    Just curious, is TR the only beadlocks offering that backspacing?
    The only other wheel I was considering was the KMC Enduro which you can get in a 17x8, with 5.48" and blank so that you can have your own bolt pattern drilled. For the money, the Trail Ready was a better bet and I really like how they look.

Quote Originally Posted by cozdude View Post
    I'm pretty sure Hutchinson rock monsters you can get in the BS if not damn close.
    You can get them in an 8-lug too a 4.5" and 5.28" which is really close. While I really LOVE the way Hutchinson's look, they're tough to install and I'm not real fond of how they tend to leak air.

Quote Originally Posted by tgoss View Post
    Can't agree more about the ease of install. These took me about 30 mins each with 40" nittos versus 45-50 mins each with kmc machetes and coopers.

I really like these a lot just can't wait to see them on the Jeep!
    That looks really sharp in red like that - nice job

Quote Originally Posted by JeepJeep75 View Post
    Well that's interesting... I haven't seen Trail Ready BL's in person up close yet. I just assumed that any aluminum wheel that had a bolt going into it via a gorilla (that's me!) turning it would have a replaceable insert for said bolt.
    You'd be surprised at how many aluminum bead lock wheels don't have inserts. Even with inserts, you need to be careful with torque as you can spin them as well. The bigger concern is galvanic corrosion and that is why it is important to use zinc plated bolts.

Well, I have learned a few things today about beadlocks.

Cool right up and a very nice setup!

Great write up! Thanks for this.

Sent from my iPad using WAYALIFE mobile app

Knows a Thing or Two
    I'm looking to start my install next weekend and had a quick question about TPMS sensors. I'd like to still be able to see the PSI in my tires, I like that feature, so I was wondering if you think I could make that work or give up on that dream? I know a guy locally is running his OEM sensors and valve stems but he is running the small rings and I ordered the larger rings. . Whats your thoughts? Thanks!

Btw...this thread is going to really make the install easier so I appreciate your write up!
    Last edited by mastrcruse; 09-04-2017 at 03:06 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by mastrcruse View Post
    I'm looking to start my install next weekend and had a quick question about TPMS sensors. I'd like to still be able to see the PSI in my tires, I like that feature, so I was wondering if you think I could make that work or give up on that dream? I know a guy locally is running his OEM sensors and valve stems but he is running the small rings and I ordered the larger rings. . Whats your thoughts? Thanks!

Btw...this thread is going to really make the install easier so I appreciate your write up!

Didn't we go over this already?
    en hopup veritas

Knows a Thing or Two
    Quote Originally Posted by HighwayTrout View Post
    Didn't we go over this already?

Oh F'ck yeah we did haha. Been a long week. I even made a thread about it...holy shit I must be getting old.
    Last edited by mastrcruse; 09-04-2017 at 04:11 PM.

Page 5 of 11 FirstFirst ... 34567 ... LastLast