Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

Thread: King Front & Rear Bump Stops-King 2.5 w/res-Dynatrac Brake-AEV 4.5 Springs

King Front & Rear Bump Stops-King 2.5 w/res-Dynatrac Brake-AEV 4.5 Springs

Before deciding on going with the King Rear Bump Stop kit, I scoured the internet looking for pictures. I could only find one and it wasn't very good. I went with the King install kit because I liked that I didn't have to cut into the frame to install them. Thought I'd post up pictures for those of you thinking of going this route. Also threw in other pictures of the King 2.5s, Dynatrac brakes, and AEV 4.5 springs for reference. I spent hours looking at pictures and reading write-ups before going the route I took.

Cheers!

IMG_0278.jpegIMG_0288.jpegIMG_0286.jpegIMG_0285.jpegIMG_0284.jpegIMG_0283.jpegIMG_0282.jpegIMG_0281.jpegIMG_0280.jpegIMG_0279.jpegIMG_0289.jpeg

I have to say that I'm totally confused as to why I'm seeing both the factory rear jounce stop AND the King air bump.

Quote Originally Posted by wayoflife View Post
    I have to say that I'm totally confused as to why I'm seeing both the factory rear jounce stop AND the King air bump.
    I was hoping to get feedback on that too. ORE did the install and am not sure why they left the factory stops. ?????

I guess it's just easier to install the rear air bumps like that as opposed to frenching it into the frame like they used to. Would make it easier to service too. Just seems kinda weird that they left the factory jounce stop in like that. Had you not posted a pic from the back, I would have thought that it would hit the bump stop pad well before the air bump could even get started but I do see where the air bump has its own pad. Strange looking setup but it looks like it'd work

I am beyond confused on that too... Especially with ORE doing the install I'm kind shocked you didn't just have them do their rear rockstops.

Everything is really sexy tho

Quote Originally Posted by wayoflife View Post
    I guess it's just easier to install the rear air bumps like that as opposed to frenching it into the frame like they used to. Would make it easier to service too. Just seems kinda weird that they left the factory jounce stop in like that. Had you not posted a pic from the back, I would have thought that it would hit the bump stop pad well before the air bump could even get started but I do see where the air bump has its own pad. Strange looking setup but it looks like it'd work
    When I take it back to ORE for the 500 mile service on the gear set, I will ask Drew about it. The King instructions show removing the factory rubber bump and just leaving the sleave. I agree, it looks goofy with both.

Been Around the Block seansheds's Avatar

King Front & Rear Bump Stops-King 2.5 w/res-Dynatrac Brake-AEV 4.5 Springs

Very nice Jeff!

One thing you may want to take a look at is the driver front brake line. I just noticed on mine, and only because the inside of my tire was dusty, that at a certain point turning left it's rubbing the tire. It's because of the way the brake line coils on that side. I think it's only happening at close to full turn so the tire would be moving slower, but over time it could wear away the plastic coating.

I'm going to loosen the top part of the line and turn the braided line so it doesn't happen.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Either way, all kinds of sexy king stuff in those pics! One day lol!

Sent from my iPhone using WAYALIFE mobile app
    "A Warrior Lives a life of contradiction, for he strives to create a world in which he is no longer needed"

BOHICA / 2016 Mojave Sand JKU
    BOHICA Build Thread

CRYSTAL / 2014 Granite Crystal Metallic JK Unlimited
    CRYSTAL Build Thread

Quote Originally Posted by seansheds View Post
    Very nice Jeff!

One thing you may want to take a look at is the driver front brake line. I just noticed on mine, and only because the inside of my tire was dusty, that at a certain point turning left it's rubbing the tire. It's because of the way the brake line coils on that side. I think it's only happening at close to full turn so the tire would be moving slower, but over time it could wear away the plastic coating.

I'm going to loosen the top part of the line and turn the braided line so it doesn't happen.
    Thanks! I will look at it and see if I can adjust it so it coils away from the tire.

Im really interested to see the rear at full stuff. I cant help but think the old bump sleeve would make contact with the new bumpstops they made for the air bump.

Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast