Antenna delete?

davidc128

Anybody delete there antenna and what did u plug the hole with... im on my third antenna in a year...two were stolen and i just broke the third one

glen5264

The problem with after market antennas is they don't get as good as the factory. Stubbies of even powered. They don't work. I did an antenna delete and hid inside the jk. Well I ended up getting a new oem and reinstalling it. I was going more for the look as opposed to bastard thieves. Think again about removing it.

Sent from my iPhone using WAYALIFE mobile app

davidc128

The stubby is wat i just broke... it works well enough for me i got all the same stations and just as clear as the oem... now the hide away idk ill have to see how well it works

Frydaddy

Just ordered this window antenna and some trail badges.. itll b here thursday... hopefully get them installed this weekend... btw it comes with 2 trail badges i only need the one if u want the other one

Wow, that was quick. Some of the reviews said it wasn't exactly the same as the original one, but decently close. I'm truly curious about how the antenna performs in a jeep. Whether vertically, or horizontally placed works better. And how well it hangs on to far away stations.

I'm also not sure about how this antenna connects to the existing system. Just inside the passenger footwell is a mini-antenna connector, so you might need an adapter, but that might be bypassed by going directly to the radio. What kind of connector is on the radio?

davidc128

Not 100% sure on which plug is back there ill figure it out this weekend when i have time to investigate... ill take pictures of connectors and post them up when i get to it

Frydaddy

Not 100% sure on which plug is back there ill figure it out this weekend when i have time to investigate... ill take pictures of connectors and post them up when i get to it

Thank you, Yes! Its such a cheap and easy mod, but i have a hard enough time with radio stations as it is.
Take a picture of; the back of the radio, the new badge installed, and how you mounted the new antenna.

Edit: Wait! Shit... I have a picture of my stock radio. Its the one without the LCD screen, the basic one. And sure enough, its the mini connector. Are there adapters out there to flip this to regular female antenna connector?
IMG_20160327_123243136.jpg

Edit x2: Bingo! This should do it. about a year ago, i bought the piece on the right, trying to wire up a CB adapter so i didnt have to use two antennas, It was a bust, but the piece on the left should work for this application. The connector is pretty weak, and the conductor in the center is fragile. https://www.amazon.com/dp/B0007WQ8VQ/ref=cm_sw_r_cp_dp_T1_0x9uzbMFF9TFD

Last edited:

kirstinthemermaid

Anybody delete there antenna and what did u plug the hole with... im on my third antenna in a year...two were stolen and i just broke the third one

Just go on Amazon or wherever and buy the cheap black plastic one that screws in. That way you don't have the tall ugly one that just gets caught up on trees and whatnot. I think it was only $15 maybe and that way you can still listen to radio if you like.

zimm

Caught the Bug
I put the stocker back on and haven't broken it yet. I don't listen to radio anyway so I don't care. Xm for me.

Last edited:

BaddestCross

My wife had her antenna stolen off her minivan a couple of times. Lame. $20 a piece (pretty sure it's the same one used on our Jeeps). After the 2nd time I cranked it tight with a wrench. Pisses the guys at the car wash off, but oh well.

Sent from my SM-N915P using WAYALIFE mobile app

Top Bottom