The build of Paws

Paws

Had I known then what I know know, i could have saved a bit...

From 2008 to 2010 I went through a few vehicles. From a Toyota Tacoma to a Toyota Tundra2010 and then A Honda Civic HX to commute in. I never was happy with the first two but did like the Civic for commuting.

Both Toyota were sold not long after I purchased them for various reasons.

Near the end of 2010 I "and the Civic" was in a car wreck on the 52 near black mountain. A lady plowed right into me from behind in her brand new CRV, causing me to rear end the car in front of me. Everyone was ok but the CRV was totaled and my Civic looked like an crumpled accordion. Front and rear demolished airbags went off. The lady in the CRV was on her cell phone.

While I was researching what vehicle to get next outside of my commuter car. Jeeps were on the list and I was a member of JKForum seeing all the great stuff Eddie was posting.

It was contagious that's for sure! We purchased our 2011 JKU at the end of 2010. New interior refresh old engine.

Bone Stock - Trip to Big Bear
IMG_1331.jpg

After going on a few trips and wanting more clearance, knowing I would get 35s I decided to get the RockKrawler 3.5 Lift kit. It stayed on the stock tires for a bit.
IMG_0148.jpg

Installed LOD Shorty
IMG_0452.JPG

Finally after some time went by I made the move to 35s
IMG_0405.jpg

Up until now the jeep has been getting more and more unstable on the road. While I don't have far to go for work, any road trips have become white knuckle and unsafe for our family of 4 to take trips in.

Now the time has come to let the rest of the build begin!!!!

Sent from my iPhone using WAYALIFE mobile app

Last edited:

Paws

So the goal of my build is to enter to attend the JKX next year. The requirements made me rethink everything I've done and what I want to do later.

The most recent change in the last couple weeks...

EVO Long Arm installed
IMG_0051.jpg IMG_0052.jpg

Preparing the ATX Beadlocks and 37x13.5x 17 Cooper STT Pros
IMG_0050.jpg

Last edited:

Paws

The Long arm has helped tremendously. It may be part that the RK lift was a couple years old but this tracks true to the road marking it feel more stable. The bumps/potholes are not as harsh anymore either.

Ahhhhhhh!!!!

Paws

About time! The jeep is back from ORE and wow what a difference.

Now I need to find a ramp or rock to articulate on before hitting up the trails
IMG_0219.jpg
IMG_0205.jpg
IMG_0204.jpg
IMG_0218.jpg

I get a fwump, fwump sound from the back when going over speed humps and my muffler rattles from the drivers side muffler pipe hitting the front bolt on the EVO long arm bolt.

Will have both check out on my follow up visit.

Even still it’s amaze balls!!

Top Bottom