Page 3 of 9 FirstFirst 12345 ... LastLast

Thread: Ultimate Dana 60 Failure

Quote Originally Posted by Benito View Post
    They do! Nice glossy black and look beefy AF. They look impressive in person.
    3d3f2da03586bf67662a1f1bcfe9e497.jpeg

Couldn't find one with a girl at the bar vs next day... But this will do.
    '14 JKUR

Quote Originally Posted by SDG View Post

Here you are, sir. Go to bed with Shania Twain but wake up with mark Twain.

cc83d5ff81a7a0ffc39b982e52f2883d.1000x562x1.jpg
    Jeep parts and accessories purchased through the following link will help support this forum and at no cost to you.
    RECOMMENDED JEEP PARTS & ACCESSORIES

Support the JL forum: JLWRANGLER.COM

Jeep JT GLADIATOR FORUM: www.JT-Gladiator.com

Quote Originally Posted by wayoflife View Post
    That's a bummer. Unfortunately, there's a lot more of this out there and you just can't make this shit up. It always amazes me that people out there still want to buy these axles.
    So true. I couldn't agree more. I've seen these fail twice personally and still to this day have people argue that these are "the best" axle upgrade for the JK...

Quote Originally Posted by tgoss View Post
    So true. I couldn't agree more. I've seen these fail twice personally and still to this day have people argue that these are "the best" axle upgrade for the JK...
    So agree. While I realize some people may not have the money to go Dynatrac, they somehow come up with about 75% of the money to buy something that has a poor track record, unknown quality control, and likely non-American materials. And so many have issues up the road because of it. If you're already in the market for an aftermarket axle, why not just save a little bit more for the best.
    Jeep parts and accessories purchased through the following link will help support this forum and at no cost to you.

Quote Originally Posted by WJCO View Post
    So agree. While I realize some people may not have the money to go Dynatrac, they somehow come up with about 75% of the money to buy something that has a poor track record, unknown quality control, and likely non-American materials. And so many have issues up the road because of it. If you're already in the market for an aftermarket axle, why not just save a little bit more for the best.
    Well that's just the thing.... I bought a dynatrac package that is tit for tat price wise I just had to be patient and wait for them. I simply think people are impatient and most importantly ignorant.

Quote Originally Posted by Benito View Post
    Update from FB feed
    Someone on a different thread last night was asking 'What makes Dynatrac different than the competitors axles?' This facebook feed is a perfect example. Hard to believe Dana/Spicer would blame the customer on the break because of the type of springs he/she was running.

Quote Originally Posted by SDG View Post
    3d3f2da03586bf67662a1f1bcfe9e497.jpeg

Is this a "before smoking crack and after" photo?

Sent from my iPhone using WAYALIFE mobile app

Hooked
    Just finished reading this thread and was shocked as I did too drink the Dana coolaid and think they were great... Although, lucky for me I haven't yet made the expenditure to get the UD60's...

I did upgrade my front axle from the Rubi to a PR44 with all my Rubi stuff inside it.. I know I have a high level of "piece of mind" when I hear my crappy rock krawling bash the PR44 against something and later all I find is some more paint to touch up... I know I did not need the PR44 necessarily for the 35" I currently run but I did not want to have an axle failure.

My next set of axles will probably be the elite set from DynaTrac, with the PR80 and XD PR60, I would highly doubt I could damage those. And the new pricing makes it a no brainer... I do not know why at any point would someone want the UD60's when you can get DynaTrac's PR60 front and rear for the same price. The only difference at that point is that you still have a stock bolt pattern and do not need to shell out for rims. So really it would be cheaper than the UD60...
    NotInStock

2016 Rubi JKU Hard Rock, 3.5" RK X-Factor, Fox Shocks, Dynatrac PR44 Front Axle, ATX Chamber Pros, BFG 35x12.5x17, LOD Destroyer Shorty Bumpers (FR & RR), Synergy Skid Plates, Warn 8274 Winch.
    Build Thread: http://wayalife.com/showthread.php?4...Rubi-Hard-Rock

Fresh Catch
    Hello all.

I read with interest the thread regarding the UD60 failures.
    I only respond as here in Australia we have some benefits that may override the problems you have.

1. all the brackets need to be cut off and or replaced in the conversion with the exception of the control arm brackets. they are welded on all side and have 6mm thick steel so I don't see this as an issue.
    2. any good reputable welder can replace these (RH Side) brackets and do a great job and they are required in any case for the conversion.
    3. our warranty laws may appear to be different to yours in the states and the UD60's are covered by warranty under consumer law here. (very disappointing to hear of your issues there)

I have to agree with you all that DYNATRAC are the number one choice for axles for these vehicles any where in the world.
    Sadly for us here the adage of stating just save a little more and get the best of the best.
    The difference between the two equivalent (std features on face value) product here in Australia is $10000.00+ dollars.
    I will further add that when I looked at purchasing my axles (yes I went with the UD60's) DYNATRAC contacted me and offered a great deal. This contact by DYNATRAC reinforced to me that the company is second to none and would be my choice if I lived in the states.
    Here in Australia the cost difference is just too high.
    My experience when I had the axles inspected (for engineering) was that they (my axles at least) met the requirements and were considered "quality products". in saying this I recognise that consistency may not be apparent in their production.

I guess my point here is for the Australian potential buyers. I have found that the UD60 axles (front and rear) do the job they state as advertised.
    They are a real option for our typical style of 4wd and I cannot see how a buyer might be disappointed at least I am very happy thus far with the particular axles I was supplied.
    Fingers crossed they continue to perform as expected.
    as for the guys in the states.
    as you prices are so close then maybe just maybe you save a little more and buy the best on the market.

Page 3 of 9 FirstFirst 12345 ... LastLast