Page 3 of 11 FirstFirst 12345 ... LastLast

Thread: Highway Overheating

Nothing but a Thing
    Quote Originally Posted by Lmoye22 View Post
    Once i installed the transmission cooler the hot oil light did go away under hard driving

Sent from my iPhone using WAYALIFE mobile app
    That was one of my issues as well. I originally had overheating from the mud, but it was actually the transmission overheating.
    On my 2013 the transmission cooler is built into the radiator, so it wasn't cooling properly.
    That's where your problem might lie, the transmission opposed to the engine.
    Mine still gets hot some days, but never enough to ding the oil light on, and that's perfectly normal.
    How long ago did you replace the transmission? If you've had the hot oil light since then, I'd replace the fluid.
    It's typically burnt after that light comes on.

** You might want to make sure they put enough fluid in the transmission as well.
    A lot of shops mess this up. Especially if it was a new transmission, they might have underfilled it.
    Last edited by JKDream; 07-26-2017 at 04:45 PM.

Hooked
    Hello. I run the Mishimoto radiator in my 2015 JKU with a Supercharger. I have not had any problems!!

Quote Originally Posted by Rocralr View Post
    Hello. I run the Mishimoto radiator in my 2015 JKU with a Supercharger. I have not had any problems!!
    What coolant do you use?

Quote Originally Posted by hyvltge View Post
    What coolant do you use?

Like WJCO replied in the other thread, there really isn't any reason to run anything other than what the factory recommends.

Knows a Thing or Two danford.lau's Avatar
    Bumping an old thread .. fully loaded Jeep going up long mountain roads in NorCal runs super hot . 235 to 240 going uphill . Can keep it under 235 with AC off and heat on still maintaining 60. Outside temps are 100+ . Trans temperatures seem to be okay at less than 170. Thoughts on what will help and what magnitude ...

1) PS Bruiser bumper to lower the winch
    2) aftermarket radiator
    Others ?

Coolant was recently flushed and coolant level is good .

Quote Originally Posted by danford.lau View Post
    Bumping an old thread .. fully loaded Jeep going up long mountain roads in NorCal runs super hot . 235 to 240 going uphill . Can keep it under 235 with AC off and heat on still maintaining 60. Outside temps are 100+ . Trans temperatures seem to be okay at less than 170. Thoughts on what will help and what magnitude ...

2) aftermarket radiator
    Others ?

What gears are you running?
    Have you cleaned all the fine dusty silt and junk out of your radiator?
    en hopup veritas

Knows a Thing or Two danford.lau's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by HighwayTrout View Post
    What gears are you running?
    Have you cleaned all the fine dusty silt and junk out of your radiator?

No I tried spraying water behind but need to remove the fan shroud to really access .

In my experience overheating on the JK is most likely due to air flow blockage. Such as mud caked in the radiator fins and/or winch, lights, etc in front of the radiator. I would start there.

2) aftermarket radiator
    Others ?

Sounds about normal to me. Did you replace your thermostat and get your radiator pressure tested though?

I just got back from another run up to the Sierras and the climb from the desert up the grade to the meadows get the temp gauge up to between the 3/4 and 1/2 marks with the Jeep loaded down running in 2nd gear. AC off, but no heat on.. 105° until we got up out of the dust bowl.

--
    Build Thread - Adventures of Fiona - https://wayalife.com/showthread.php?t=47407
    Build Thread: The Adventures of Fiona
    '08 JKR Rescue Green 2-Door

2) aftermarket radiator
    Others ?

I'm thinking the raised Winch isn't helping.

Page 3 of 11 FirstFirst 12345 ... LastLast