Page 6 of 11 FirstFirst ... 45678 ... LastLast
Results 51 to 60 of 103

Thread: Highway Overheating

  1. #51
    Administrator wayoflife's Avatar
    Join Date
    Oct 2011
    Location
    Carson City, NV
    Posts
    53,991
    Quote Originally Posted by Jkjon View Post
    Have any of you found that installing grill inserts (e.g. wire mesh or similar) to protect the radiator from bugs / rocks increases temps or is it negligible?
    Mesh will INCREASE temps.

    Quote Originally Posted by wjtstudios View Post
    Itís looks surprising accurate
    That's what I was thinking

  2. #52
    Knows a Thing or Two monstrousmac's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jan 2013
    Location
    Tucson AZ
    Posts
    561
    I had the same issue on my 2010 JKU, since I moved to Tucson and the temps have been steady at 110+ degrees. Around town it would stay at half way mark, highway speeds, anything 65 or above it would jump up to 3/4 mark and stay and then my A/C felt like a dog breathing on you. I removed my winch _Warn Zeon and drove down I-10 when it was 114 and it stayed at the halfway mark. I instantly called EVO and ordered the Quater pounder. It shows up tomorrow. I tried to order the stinger bar to but itis back ordered. Here is my current bumper and winch set up.
    Attached Images Attached Images

  3. #53
    Old Timer fiend's Avatar
    Join Date
    May 2017
    Location
    SoCal
    Posts
    3,871
    Quote Originally Posted by monstrousmac View Post
    I had the same issue on my 2010 JKU, since I moved to Tucson and the temps have been steady at 110+ degrees. Around town it would stay at half way mark, highway speeds, anything 65 or above it would jump up to 3/4 mark and stay and then my A/C felt like a dog breathing on you. I removed my winch _Warn Zeon and drove down I-10 when it was 114 and it stayed at the halfway mark. I instantly called EVO and ordered the Quater pounder. It shows up tomorrow. I tried to order the stinger bar to but itis back ordered. Here is my current bumper and winch set up.
    Holy shit, between the winch, the lights, and that big ass stinger, you have no flow at all! 🤣


    Sent from my iPhone using WAYALIFE mobile app

  4. #54
    Addict wjtstudios's Avatar
    Join Date
    Nov 2016
    Location
    Rochester, MI.
    Posts
    6,645
    Quote Originally Posted by monstrousmac View Post
    I had the same issue on my 2010 JKU, since I moved to Tucson and the temps have been steady at 110+ degrees. Around town it would stay at half way mark, highway speeds, anything 65 or above it would jump up to 3/4 mark and stay and then my A/C felt like a dog breathing on you. I removed my winch _Warn Zeon and drove down I-10 when it was 114 and it stayed at the halfway mark. I instantly called EVO and ordered the Quater pounder. It shows up tomorrow. I tried to order the stinger bar to but itis back ordered. Here is my current bumper and winch set up.
    Yup, thereís your problem....

    Congrats on getting airflow!


    2015 JKUR AEV JK350
    1985 CJ8 Scrambler
    2015 JKU Rubicon AEV JK350
    1985 Jeep CJ8 Scrambler

  5. #55
    Knows a Thing or Two monstrousmac's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jan 2013
    Location
    Tucson AZ
    Posts
    561
    it was not a big deal in Montana and Europe. It did not get much passed 80 degrees. I was in England, Germany and Iceland. Tucson is a whole different ball game.
    Attached Images Attached Images

  6. #56
    Knows a Thing or Two monstrousmac's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jan 2013
    Location
    Tucson AZ
    Posts
    561
    Quote Originally Posted by fiend View Post
    Holy shit, between the winch, the lights, and that big ass stinger, you have no flow at all! 🤣


    Sent from my iPhone using WAYALIFE mobile app
    Like I said, no big deal when I lived else where until I moved to Arizona a few months ago, Tomorrow will be Quarter Pounder time.

  7. #57
    Knows a Thing or Two danford.lau's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jan 2018
    Location
    West Los Angeles
    Posts
    926
    Quote Originally Posted by monstrousmac View Post
    Like I said, no big deal when I lived else where until I moved to Arizona a few months ago, Tomorrow will be Quarter Pounder time.
    Sounds like Iím in market for a new bumper too. . Thanks for the post


    Sent from my iPhone using WAYALIFE mobile app

  8. #58
    Caught the Bug Cousin Clyde's Avatar
    Join Date
    Apr 2019
    Location
    Colorado
    Posts
    92
    [QUOTE=wayoflife;1161531]Mesh will INCREASE temps.

    Sounds like stock grille insert delete is the way to go? Live in Colorado, have the 3.6 Pentastar, stock 4.10s and 35x13.50s which seems a little strained through mountain passes. Iíve seen the gauge flirt with a just under 3/4 once before on a super hot day at 12000 feet. Iím heading to Utah for the weekend. Itíll likely be 97-100 degrees out...Im thinking about pulling the stock inserts and leaving the slots open...


    Sent from my iPhone using WAYALIFE

  9. #59
    Nothing but a Thing RockinAZJK's Avatar
    Join Date
    May 2016
    Location
    Waco, Texas
    Posts
    1,138
    [QUOTE=Cousin Clyde;1161662]
    Quote Originally Posted by wayoflife View Post
    Mesh will INCREASE temps.

    Sounds like stock grille insert delete is the way to go? Live in Colorado, have the 3.6 Pentastar, stock 4.10s and 35x13.50s which seems a little strained through mountain passes. Iíve seen the gauge flirt with a just under 3/4 once before on a super hot day at 12000 feet. Iím heading to Utah for the weekend. Itíll likely be 97-100 degrees out...Im thinking about pulling the stock inserts and leaving the slots open...


    Sent from my iPhone using WAYALIFE
    I would definitely pull the inserts if it has them.


    Sent from my iPhone using WAYALIFE

  10. #60
    Caught the Bug Cousin Clyde's Avatar
    Join Date
    Apr 2019
    Location
    Colorado
    Posts
    92
    [QUOTE=RockinAZJK;1161719]
    Quote Originally Posted by Cousin Clyde View Post

    I would definitely pull the inserts if it has them.


    Sent from my iPhone using WAYALIFE
    Yea after talking to a coworker, Iím questioning if jks come with stock inserts or not?! Bought mine with ten thousand miles on it...maybe the kid before me stuck these in. Either way, ima yank em.


    Sent from my iPhone using WAYALIFE

Page 6 of 11 FirstFirst ... 45678 ... LastLast

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •  
About us
ďwayoflifeĒ is a moniker that Iíve been using for 20 years now and I chose it because I think it does a great job of explaining, in simple terms, the passion I have for Jeeps and the Jeep way of life. This is a lifestyle that transcends age, gender and race as the only thing you need to be a part of it is a love for the outdoors, a desire to explore, a yearning to take on a challenge and a will to conquer it. Over the years, Cindy and I have attempted to capture the essence of this lifestyle through photographs and videos and share it with others around the world. And, this is how WAYALIFE was born.
Join us
WATCH OUR VIDEOS