Page 6 of 11 FirstFirst ... 45678 ... LastLast

Thread: Highway Overheating

Quote Originally Posted by Jkjon View Post
    Have any of you found that installing grill inserts (e.g. wire mesh or similar) to protect the radiator from bugs / rocks increases temps or is it negligible?
    Mesh will INCREASE temps.

Quote Originally Posted by wjtstudios View Post
    Itís looks surprising accurate
    That's what I was thinking

Knows a Thing or Two monstrousmac's Avatar
    I had the same issue on my 2010 JKU, since I moved to Tucson and the temps have been steady at 110+ degrees. Around town it would stay at half way mark, highway speeds, anything 65 or above it would jump up to 3/4 mark and stay and then my A/C felt like a dog breathing on you. I removed my winch _Warn Zeon and drove down I-10 when it was 114 and it stayed at the halfway mark. I instantly called EVO and ordered the Quater pounder. It shows up tomorrow. I tried to order the stinger bar to but itis back ordered. Here is my current bumper and winch set up.
    Attached Images Attached Images

Quote Originally Posted by monstrousmac View Post
    I had the same issue on my 2010 JKU, since I moved to Tucson and the temps have been steady at 110+ degrees. Around town it would stay at half way mark, highway speeds, anything 65 or above it would jump up to 3/4 mark and stay and then my A/C felt like a dog breathing on you. I removed my winch _Warn Zeon and drove down I-10 when it was 114 and it stayed at the halfway mark. I instantly called EVO and ordered the Quater pounder. It shows up tomorrow. I tried to order the stinger bar to but itis back ordered. Here is my current bumper and winch set up.
    Holy shit, between the winch, the lights, and that big ass stinger, you have no flow at all! 🤣

Sent from my iPhone using WAYALIFE mobile app

Yup, thereís your problem....

Congrats on getting airflow!

2015 JKUR AEV JK350
    1985 CJ8 Scrambler
    2015 JKU Rubicon AEV JK350
    1985 Jeep CJ8 Scrambler

it was not a big deal in Montana and Europe. It did not get much passed 80 degrees. I was in England, Germany and Iceland. Tucson is a whole different ball game.
    Attached Images Attached Images

Quote Originally Posted by fiend View Post
    Holy shit, between the winch, the lights, and that big ass stinger, you have no flow at all! 🤣

Like I said, no big deal when I lived else where until I moved to Arizona a few months ago, Tomorrow will be Quarter Pounder time.

Knows a Thing or Two danford.lau's Avatar
    Like I said, no big deal when I lived else where until I moved to Arizona a few months ago, Tomorrow will be Quarter Pounder time.
    Sounds like Iím in market for a new bumper too. . Thanks for the post

[QUOTE=wayoflife;1161531]Mesh will INCREASE temps.

Sounds like stock grille insert delete is the way to go? Live in Colorado, have the 3.6 Pentastar, stock 4.10s and 35x13.50s which seems a little strained through mountain passes. Iíve seen the gauge flirt with a just under 3/4 once before on a super hot day at 12000 feet. Iím heading to Utah for the weekend. Itíll likely be 97-100 degrees out...Im thinking about pulling the stock inserts and leaving the slots open...

Sent from my iPhone using WAYALIFE

[QUOTE=Cousin Clyde;1161662]
    Quote Originally Posted by wayoflife View Post
    Mesh will INCREASE temps.

Sounds like stock grille insert delete is the way to go? Live in Colorado, have the 3.6 Pentastar, stock 4.10s and 35x13.50s which seems a little strained through mountain passes. Iíve seen the gauge flirt with a just under 3/4 once before on a super hot day at 12000 feet. Iím heading to Utah for the weekend. Itíll likely be 97-100 degrees out...Im thinking about pulling the stock inserts and leaving the slots open...

I would definitely pull the inserts if it has them.

[QUOTE=RockinAZJK;1161719]
    Quote Originally Posted by Cousin Clyde View Post

I would definitely pull the inserts if it has them.

Yea after talking to a coworker, Iím questioning if jks come with stock inserts or not?! Bought mine with ten thousand miles on it...maybe the kid before me stuck these in. Either way, ima yank em.

Page 6 of 11 FirstFirst ... 45678 ... LastLast