Page 3 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast

Thread: Chinese are negotiating to purchase FCA

Quote Originally Posted by notnalc68 View Post
    I've got $200.00. Who's with me?

Sent from my iPhone using WAYALIFE mobile app
    I tried this when Al Davis was still alive...I thought the fans should buy the Raiders like the City of Green Bay that owns the Packers...I was willing to throw in some serious coin...

Quote Originally Posted by Brute View Post
    I tried this when Al Davis was still alive...I thought the fans should buy the Raiders like the City of Green Bay that owns the Packers...I was willing to throw in some serious coin...

The problem being "serious coin" to the vast majority of us is chump change to the guys making these kinds of deals.

we'll be able to build a custom Jeep ordering parts on Alibaba

India bought Land Rover. So, not surprising China is buying Jeep.

They are getting a better deal. ;-)

The Chinese can build quality stuff if they want. The problem is many do not want to pay for it, hence we see what we see.

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SM-G891A using WAYALIFE mobile app

"China's Great Wall confirms interest in Fiat Chrysler" - http://www.reuters.com/article/us-fi...-idUSKCN1B10HU

On The Trail Comment... sent via Morse Code
    HEY YOU... yeah you... NO, the other guy. Nice Jeep!

Jeep Going Chinese???

Just saw in the current issue of Four Wheel and Off Road magazine where the CEO of FCA said that FCA was in good shape and implied that the Jeep brand would not be sold to the Great Wall automotive group. This strongly suggests that discussions to do just that have been underway but were not currently initiated. This also suggests that discussions could resume at any time and that Jeep may, indeed, go the way of the IBM PC where Chinese Lenovo bought the brand. I'm planning to research this a bit more and to keep my eye on this situation. I may have bought my last Jeep (or could buy one before the change). Not happy about the current foreign ownership but would be very unhappy with Chinese ownership. Any thoughts from the Wayalife community?

Fuck it I’ll buy Jeep. I’ll start a funding page here and we can all pitch in.

My Honda Fit was Chinese built, kinda pissed me off. Jeeps are a Toledo thing, pure and simple.

if it ain't broke!

Chinese are negotiating to purchase FCA

Yea, I bet finding out that Honda Fit was Chinese sure threw you for a loop.

Quote Originally Posted by Gbint View Post
    My Honda Fit was Chinese built, kinda pissed me off. Jeeps are a Toledo thing, pure and simple.

Depending on year, it was built in Mexico or Japan. Ownership doesn't necessarily equate to production location. Nearly all manufactures have plants all over the world. Parts come from all over the world.
    I think I may consider lifting my Jeep. Or not.
    The Evolution of ENVY

Page 3 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast