EVO rear Coilover Bracket install

Samuelh3

Caught the Bug
I'm trying to install the rear EVO coilover bracket on my 2017 JK. It seems I'm missing the body mount that the bracket is supposed to slide under. Anyone have any experience with this? Did I receive the wrong part or is my Jeep made different than other years? IMG_5619.jpg

IMG_5620.jpg

Sent from my iPhone using WAYALIFE mobile app

VeruGE*144

Caught the Bug
I don't know about that bracket but you still have factory brake lines. I would suggest that you put some extended ones on there. If I am not mistaken you get around 12" of down travel with coil overs.

Samuelh3

Caught the Bug
Tell me about it. I can't seem to get EVO adjustable the lower control arm arm. Seems like even at its shortest length it's too long. I feel like I need to drop the rear driveshaft so I can pull it back far enough for it to go in.

Samuelh3

Caught the Bug
Feel like an idiot. Removed the other lower control arm and slightly pivoted the axle and it went in smoothly. That's what happens when you've been at it for hours and forget to eat. Couldn't think straight.

Samuelh3

Caught the Bug
If you have any issues, feel free to give us a call at 714-879-8913 - EVO Tech Support

Here is a link to installation instructions if you don't have a set handy
http://www.evomfg.com/technical-docs/EVO-1109.pdf

Robert @ EVO MFG

Got the rears all installed. Haven't tuned or torqued the bolts down yet as I want to do it all together once I've the Front done. Was able to work out my questions after giving you guys a call. I gotta say. This stuff is very well made. Can't wait to put it thru it's paces.

IMG_5625.jpg

feederic

You're almost there! Make sure to set the preload and timing rings too - not sure I saw you mention it.

Samuelh3

Caught the Bug
Haven't had a chance to really set the preload or timing rings yet. I was living my own real life episode of Dirt Everyday/Roadkill and trying to get ready for a wheeling trip to Big Bear. I took a rough guess at the settings a went on my trip. They were freaking amazing!!!!

I've got to add the front and rear bumpers. Once I do. I'll focus on dialing in the shocks.

Any pointers would be welcomed. IMG_5781.jpg

Last edited:
Top Bottom