Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: PR44 + Spring Retainers

Nothing but a Thing

PR44 + Spring Retainers

Any of you running retainers with your Prorock? I have a ton of downtravel at the moment, and am unseating the springs just enough to have them spin on the bucket. Picked up a set of retainers but I can't see any way to get these mounted with the bucket design. Curious to see what others have came up with.

Sent from my ONEPLUS A3000 using WAYALIFE mobile app

Probably not the answer you want to hear but back when I was still running a PR44 with a standard lift, I just made sure to run shocks that wouldn't allow for too much droop. Unlike a factory 44, I don't think there are too many good ways to install spring retainers.

Nothing but a Thing
    Quote Originally Posted by wayoflife View Post
    Probably not the answer you want to hear but back when I was still running a PR44 with a standard lift, I just made sure to run shocks that wouldn't allow for too much droop. Unlike a factory 44, I don't think there are too many good ways to install spring retainers.
    I never actually had this issue with the factory axle, only the ProRock. Not sure if the spring mount is lower or if my coils sagged. I'm thinking the only way to get them in is to notch the bumpstop and mount it underneath. Curious if anyone else has made them work though.

Nothing but a Thing
    Quote Originally Posted by wayoflife View Post
    Which retainers did you end up buying?
    Rock Krawlers.
    RK02050-2.jpg

Not a big deal if they won't work - they were only $10.
    Last edited by JKDream; 10-10-2017 at 10:15 PM. Reason: grammar

Quote Originally Posted by JKDream View Post
    I never actually had this issue with the factory axle, only the ProRock. Not sure if the spring mount is lower or if my coils sagged. I'm thinking the only way to get them in is to notch the bumpstop and mount it underneath. Curious if anyone else has made them work though.

I think the spring mount on the PR44 is lower. When I did my PR44 I had to not only swap over the full (aftermarket) bump stop that I had on the stock D44 but also I added on the 1 inch or so puck that came with the PR44.

Nothing but a Thing
    Quote Originally Posted by fiend View Post
    I think the spring mount on the PR44 is lower. When I did my PR44 I had to not only swap over the full (aftermarket) bump stop that I had on the stock D44 but also I added on the 1 inch or so puck that came with the PR44.
    The center section that sits inside the coil is definitely lower, hence the bump extension. I'm not sure about the bucket on the tube though.

Quote Originally Posted by JKDream View Post
    The center section that sits inside the coil is definitely lower, hence the bump extension. I'm not sure about the bucket on the tube though.

Oh yeah, gotcha.

I'm assuming you already saw this thread because you've posted in it, https://wayalife.com/showthread.php/...ring-retainers

That iro setup I have on the bottom of my coils works great. However, I don't know if this would work on a JK ProRock.
    Jeep parts and accessories purchased through the following link will help support this forum and at no cost to you.
    RECOMMENDED JEEP PARTS & ACCESSORIES

Support the JL forum: JLWRANGLER.COM

Jeep JT GLADIATOR FORUM: www.JT-Gladiator.com

Fresh Catch

PR44 + Spring Retainers

I am not sure if this is helpful as I don’t know the PR44 setup but I just installed this Currie spring retainer system on my OEM Dana 44 last weekend. It was easy to install. It’s a bit more expensive but simple install...took less than an hour. Here is a pic of the kit I used. IMG_0770.JPG

Sent from my iPhone using WAYALIFE mobile app

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast