Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast
Results 1 to 10 of 11

Thread: PR44 + Spring Retainers

  1. #1
    Nothing but a Thing
    Join Date
    Jul 2016
    Location
    Canada
    Posts
    1,296

    PR44 + Spring Retainers

    Any of you running retainers with your Prorock? I have a ton of downtravel at the moment, and am unseating the springs just enough to have them spin on the bucket. Picked up a set of retainers but I can't see any way to get these mounted with the bucket design. Curious to see what others have came up with.

    Sent from my ONEPLUS A3000 using WAYALIFE mobile app

  2. #2
    Administrator wayoflife's Avatar
    Join Date
    Oct 2011
    Location
    Carson City, NV
    Posts
    52,018
    Probably not the answer you want to hear but back when I was still running a PR44 with a standard lift, I just made sure to run shocks that wouldn't allow for too much droop. Unlike a factory 44, I don't think there are too many good ways to install spring retainers.

  3. #3
    Nothing but a Thing
    Join Date
    Jul 2016
    Location
    Canada
    Posts
    1,296
    Quote Originally Posted by wayoflife View Post
    Probably not the answer you want to hear but back when I was still running a PR44 with a standard lift, I just made sure to run shocks that wouldn't allow for too much droop. Unlike a factory 44, I don't think there are too many good ways to install spring retainers.
    I never actually had this issue with the factory axle, only the ProRock. Not sure if the spring mount is lower or if my coils sagged. I'm thinking the only way to get them in is to notch the bumpstop and mount it underneath. Curious if anyone else has made them work though.

    Sent from my ONEPLUS A3000 using WAYALIFE mobile app

  4. #4

  5. #5
    Nothing but a Thing
    Join Date
    Jul 2016
    Location
    Canada
    Posts
    1,296
    Quote Originally Posted by wayoflife View Post
    Which retainers did you end up buying?
    Rock Krawlers.
    RK02050-2.jpg

    Not a big deal if they won't work - they were only $10.
    Last edited by JKDream; 10-10-2017 at 10:15 PM. Reason: grammar

  6. #6
    Old Timer fiend's Avatar
    Join Date
    May 2017
    Location
    SoCal
    Posts
    3,204
    Quote Originally Posted by JKDream View Post
    I never actually had this issue with the factory axle, only the ProRock. Not sure if the spring mount is lower or if my coils sagged. I'm thinking the only way to get them in is to notch the bumpstop and mount it underneath. Curious if anyone else has made them work though.

    Sent from my ONEPLUS A3000 using WAYALIFE mobile app
    I think the spring mount on the PR44 is lower. When I did my PR44 I had to not only swap over the full (aftermarket) bump stop that I had on the stock D44 but also I added on the 1 inch or so puck that came with the PR44.

  7. #7
    Nothing but a Thing
    Join Date
    Jul 2016
    Location
    Canada
    Posts
    1,296
    Quote Originally Posted by fiend View Post
    I think the spring mount on the PR44 is lower. When I did my PR44 I had to not only swap over the full (aftermarket) bump stop that I had on the stock D44 but also I added on the 1 inch or so puck that came with the PR44.
    The center section that sits inside the coil is definitely lower, hence the bump extension. I'm not sure about the bucket on the tube though.

    Sent from my ONEPLUS A3000 using WAYALIFE mobile app

  8. #8
    Old Timer fiend's Avatar
    Join Date
    May 2017
    Location
    SoCal
    Posts
    3,204
    Quote Originally Posted by JKDream View Post
    The center section that sits inside the coil is definitely lower, hence the bump extension. I'm not sure about the bucket on the tube though.

    Sent from my ONEPLUS A3000 using WAYALIFE mobile app
    Oh yeah, gotcha.

  9. #9
    Meme King WJCO's Avatar
    Join Date
    Sep 2015
    Location
    Colorado
    Posts
    27,387
    I'm assuming you already saw this thread because you've posted in it, https://wayalife.com/showthread.php/...ring-retainers

    That iro setup I have on the bottom of my coils works great. However, I don't know if this would work on a JK ProRock.
    Jeep parts and accessories purchased through the following link will help support this forum and at no cost to you.
    RECOMMENDED JEEP PARTS & ACCESSORIES



    Support the JL forum: JLWRANGLER.COM

    Jeep JT GLADIATOR FORUM: www.JT-Gladiator.com

  10. #10
    Fresh Catch
    Join Date
    Sep 2017
    Location
    Illinois
    Posts
    36

    PR44 + Spring Retainers

    I am not sure if this is helpful as I don’t know the PR44 setup but I just installed this Currie spring retainer system on my OEM Dana 44 last weekend. It was easy to install. It’s a bit more expensive but simple install...took less than an hour. Here is a pic of the kit I used. IMG_0770.JPG


    Sent from my iPhone using WAYALIFE mobile app

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Similar Threads

  1. Spring retainers
    By VeruGE*144 in forum Jeep JK Wrangler
    Replies: 43
    Last Post: 07-25-2017, 02:32 AM
  2. Getting a PR44 but...
    By jorgelrod in forum Jeep JK Wrangler
    Replies: 6
    Last Post: 03-17-2015, 05:54 PM
  3. Soft top side retainers
    By BROWNING3250CAL in forum Jeep JK Wrangler
    Replies: 2
    Last Post: 03-18-2014, 04:24 AM
  4. D44 vs PR44
    By RedRubicon17 in forum Jeep JK Wrangler
    Replies: 7
    Last Post: 02-24-2014, 10:23 PM
  5. What's the diff D44-PR44-PR44/60hybrid-PR60
    By JAGS in forum Jeep JK Wrangler
    Replies: 21
    Last Post: 12-13-2012, 12:55 AM

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •  
About us
“wayoflife” is a moniker that I’ve been using for 20 years now and I chose it because I think it does a great job of explaining, in simple terms, the passion I have for Jeeps and the Jeep way of life. This is a lifestyle that transcends age, gender and race as the only thing you need to be a part of it is a love for the outdoors, a desire to explore, a yearning to take on a challenge and a will to conquer it. Over the years, Cindy and I have attempted to capture the essence of this lifestyle through photographs and videos and share it with others around the world. And, this is how WAYALIFE was born.
Join us
WATCH OUR VIDEOS