Parking Brake Not Adj?

Jacalore

So, my parking brake stopped holding. Pulled back wheels, and there's no pad left. Replaced with new.

All good, right? No!
There is no adj for the brake as the pads wear? What kind of design is this? Or am I missing something?

jsukey

I’ve also found that if you feel like you have adjusted the star adjuster out as far as you can but still have excess upwards pull on the ebrake, that you may need to adjust the spring tensioner on the ebrake itself. Most people think their lines are just stretched. This was in my ‘07 JK, so it may not be the same on ‘12 and up. With the ebrake down, look through the bristles down towards where the ebrake pivots. You will see a small silver tab sticking up. Grab a pair of needle nose pliers and pull it straight up, and towards the rear of the Jeep a little bit. It doesn’t need gorilla strength to do. Now try the handle and see what you think. Even after adjusting my star adjusters out as far as I felt comfortable with, I still had about 8 clicks before it would begin to engage...and it would still inch forward on a decent sized incline. Now, I’m at 4 clicks and it’s rock solid.

Top Bottom