Engine heat

TRLJNKY

Ok here is the deal. Need feedback. I run up the grade to Tahoe in my wifes 07 Jk (stock except a mild lift) and the highest engine temp reading she gets according to torque app is 210. I do the same trip in my 07 (no inner liners) and i run 218-224. So Im nervous now. Granted, outside temps have been down a bit since I ran mine but I am wondering if Im having probs or if Its because I pulled the liners (forced airflow). Anyone else noticed a change since pulling liners?

Alright Alright Alright

TRLJNKY

I would ensure the fan is working to start with.
I think it engages but if it does it may only be the first stage. Ill have to look and see if the second speed kicks in. Something I havnt noticed. Thx WJCO

Edit: Just was starting to wonder if pulling the liners was really a good idea

Alright Alright Alright

Last edited:

WJCO

Meme King
I think it engages but if it does it may only be the first stage. Ill have to look and see if the second speed kicks in. Something I havnt noticed. Thx WJCO

Edit: Just was starting to wonder if pulling the liners was really a good idea

Alright Alright Alright

We don't have liners on our 2011. No issues and we're in the mountains all the time.

TRLJNKY

We don't have liners on our 2011. No issues and we're in the mountains all the time.
Thats what i was looking for. Thank you. Only thing I can think is second stage of the fan is not engaging and I just havnt noticed. Started to second guess myself because of no liners. Newer tstat, radiator, and hoses. I got 162k so hell maybe shes about to give me the finger. Who knows haha. Always thought mine ran a lil hot. Wasnt until this weekend that I actually hooked up to hers and ran to Tahoe

Alright Alright Alright

WJCO

Meme King
Thats what i was looking for. Thank you. Only thing I can think is second stage of the fan is not engaging and I just havnt noticed. Started to second guess myself because of no liners. Newer tstat, radiator, and hoses. I got 162k so hell maybe shes about to give me the finger. Who knows haha. Always thought mine ran a lil hot. Wasnt until this weekend that I actually hooked up to hers and ran to Tahoe

Alright Alright Alright

We have about the same amount of mileage on ours. When that 2nd stage kicks on, it's very loud.

madstiles

I live in Florida and no liners no issues. High speed on fan hardly ever kicks on , if I'm at a drive thru I hear it occasionally. If you turn your heat on it should kick on if it doesn't you have an issue also think a.c. will kick it on. Do you have a programmer like superchips? I can set what temp I want it to come on with it, think it's at 195 or 205 I have mine with a 195 thermostat if I remember correctly.

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SM-G935A using WAYALIFE mobile app

J

JKDream

Ok here is the deal. Need feedback. I run up the grade to Tahoe in my wifes 07 Jk (stock except a mild lift) and the highest engine temp reading she gets according to torque app is 210. I do the same trip in my 07 (no inner liners) and i run 218-224. So Im nervous now. Granted, outside temps have been down a bit since I ran mine but I am wondering if Im having probs or if Its because I pulled the liners (forced airflow). Anyone else noticed a change since pulling liners?

Alright Alright Alright

Is there a difference in gearing between the two?

TRLJNKY

I live in Florida and no liners no issues. High speed on fan hardly ever kicks on , if I'm at a drive thru I hear it occasionally. If you turn your heat on it should kick on if it doesn't you have an issue also think a.c. will kick it on. Do you have a programmer like superchips? I can set what temp I want it to come on with it, think it's at 195 or 205 I have mine with a 195 thermostat if I remember correctly.

Are they both they same i.e. auto, 2 doors ect.?

Is there a difference in gearing between the two?
Other than one has liners and one doesnt they are almost identical. 4 door Sahara's, auto, 4.10's, metric 35's. Mine is just a lot more chopped up. I really need to pay attention to that second speed. As far as a tuner, not that Im aware of but its possible. When I bought it a few years ago it had rubi takoffs on it and the speedo was off. As soon as I put 35's the speedo was back in Sync so obviously the prev owner did something just not sure what. Ive since pulled liners, hacked fenders, etc etc.The wifes I have a procal and I did that all so at least I understand that veh. Its also very stock except for the BB. Thx for the input though. If some of you are running no liners and have zero issues than thats what I was looking for. I was starting to think I messed with the airflow.

Alright Alright Alright

TRLJNKY

Hey Cav did you have the heater on in your wifes jku and what was the outside temp difference between the two runs?

We went to Apple Hill and I know in the morning up Spooner and through Tahoe we ran the heater. Def a cooler morning than the last time I ran mine up the hill but hers stabilized at a lot lower temp than mine does. This weekend ill us the algebra method (use a known to solve an unknown 😊) put the two side by side and watch for fan speeds. I cant recall hearing my second fan come on. I generally have my music up loud though.
I wouldn't be too concerned about 210-220. Bit different but my pentastar would run up between 245-265 on grades.

Sent from my iPhone using WAYALIFE mobile app
The highest mine got was 228 but even just running to Reno ill avg 220 or a bit higher. When i saw hers hanging right at about 210 going up the steep grade I was just like WTF? Both are well maintained also. Im anal when it comes to things like this. I will figure it out. At least I know its not an inner liner issue (tossed those a while back). Heat just is a big killer so if its wrong I just want to make it right. Thx for the input.

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SM-T377A using WAYALIFE mobile app

OverlanderJK

Resident Smartass
We went to Apple Hill and I know in the morning up Spooner and through Tahoe we ran the heater. Def a cooler morning than the last time I ran mine up the hill but hers stabilized at a lot lower temp than mine does. This weekend ill us the algebra method (use a known to solve an unknown [emoji4]) put the two side by side and watch for fan speeds. I cant recall hearing my second fan come on. I generally have my music up loud though.

The highest mine got was 228 but even just running to Reno ill avg 220 or a bit higher. When i saw hers hanging right at about 210 going up the steep grade I was just like WTF? Both are well maintained also. Im anal when it comes to things like this. I will figure it out. At least I know its not an inner liner issue (tossed those a while back). Heat just is a big killer so if its wrong I just want to make it right. Thx for the input.

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SM-T377A using WAYALIFE mobile app

10 degrees is not a lot hotter and if she was running the heater that is why.

[emoji100][emoji100][emoji100]common sense. [emoji1309]

Sent from my iPhone using WAYALIFE mobile app

madstiles

If hers has factory thermostat and yours aftermarket that might be the difference. A factory thermostat has a little flow hole in it and the replacements don't for some reason.

Top Bottom