Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast

Thread: 2017 SEMA Gladiator XComp Tires Black Jeep JK Wrangler Unlimited

Quote Originally Posted by 1NastyTJ View Post
    At least my build last year was done properly lol

Sent from my iPhone using WAYALIFE mobile app
    Welcome back to the SEMA section of the forum.
    Jeep parts and accessories purchased through the following link will help support this forum and at no cost to you.
    RECOMMENDED JEEP PARTS & ACCESSORIES

Support the JL forum: JLWRANGLER.COM

Jeep JT GLADIATOR FORUM: www.JT-Gladiator.com

The four link really shows how much more clearance you can get under the axle tubes.

Looks like a jeep with a Cpap face mask.

So much potential gone to waste. Those fender flares though, wow.

Sent from my iPad using WAYALIFE mobile app
    "A Warrior Lives a life of contradiction, for he strives to create a world in which he is no longer needed"

BOHICA / 2016 Mojave Sand JKU
    BOHICA Build Thread

CRYSTAL / 2014 Granite Crystal Metallic JK Unlimited
    CRYSTAL Build Thread

Fresh Catch
    Hey fellas, saw this thread and had to make a username. I’m actually the one who built the Jeep and take it wheeling/to shows so don’t bash me too much. Unfortunately I had to build this thing 2 face, it was to go wheeling as much as I can get it on the trails but also has to hit sema and a few other shows so we had to “doll” it up a bit. First it has a set of 40’s on some 17” trail ready beadlocks that are pretty scratched up for the year, but the boss man wanted to look fresh for the show so we put some 24’s on it, also not my cup of tea so now it’s a couple days after sema and my 40’s are back on. As for the grumper, ugh lol I’ve had this argument all year, not on the top of my list but I had to put something on the Jeep to attract people at shows, and honestly it works like a charm (the hood actually fit perfect at the beginning of the year, oversight cleaning it up for sema). I actually like the flares and the rock sliders got the shit beat out of them this year and they held up great. But good or bad We still give this thing hell on the trails, the axles are the Currie rj 60vxr, the suspension arms/bracketry is all Genright then obviously with the kings. We had the body off the frame for a few days and had the frame pretty hacked up before welding everything back on. Have a few things to tweak in the off months but you shall see the xcomp jeep on the trails next year, not just a show queen.

Fresh Catch
    Also dont know what the hell all the weird symbols are in that post, maybe some stupid Iphone bs.

Do people actually have the Grumper outside of Sema? Never seen one in public.

Fresh Catch
    Quote Originally Posted by Ddays View Post
    Unusual mounting location for the rear coilovers. I don't know that I've seen that before. Sure gains a lot of clearance.

Those wheels are the gayest I seen yet

edit: now that I thought about it I've seen strut setups that way.....
    Nothing unusual about it. That rear coilover setup is the proper way to set things up. All the ones mounted down low and under the tub are just bolt on set ups that are designed out of ease not proper setup.

Sent from my SM-G955U using Tapatalk

Quote Originally Posted by mattb19 View Post
    Nothing unusual about it. That rear coilover setup is the proper way to set things up. All the ones mounted down low and under the tub are just bolt on set ups that are designed out of ease not proper setup.

Sent from my SM-G955U using Tapatalk
    Yup, after I thought about it more I've seen several set up like that. That's why I edited my post. Grubbicon set his up like that but used ORI struts instead of the coilovers. The bolt on kits are so popular you get used to seeing those bolted on in place of the shocks.

Fourty8ashes do you have any pics with your trail set up?

Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast