Page 12 of 12 FirstFirst ... 2101112

Thread: 2017 SEMA R1 Concepts - The Jeff Yurk Gofundme Funded Jeep JK Wrangler Unlimited

Holy crap. That's the best line ever. All it needs now is to be made into a meme.

Sent from my iPad using WAYALIFE mobile app

The real problem with what the op did is two-fold...he has done a disservice to the vendor that chose his rig to showcase their product...but more importantly, he will dissuade others from donating to those who might truly be in need. Over the years, my wife and I give to various charitable organizations...this requires some research and due diligence to fact find how the organization is run, where does the money go, and are the resources managed correctly. We believe that philanthropy is a higher calling, and those in a position to help others should do so. But believe me, there are many who expend a great deal of energy and time to fraudulently solicit charity to enrich themselves...which is high on my list of things that anger me the most.

Quote Originally Posted by Brute View Post
    The real problem with what the op did is two-fold...he has done a disservice to the vendor that chose his rig to showcase their product...but more importantly, he will dissuade others from donating to those who might truly be in need. Over the years, my wife and I give to various charitable organizations...this requires some research and due diligence to fact find how the organization is run, where does the money go, and are the resources managed correctly. We believe that philanthropy is a higher calling, and those in a position to help others should do so. But believe me, there are many who expend a great deal of energy and time to fraudulently solicit charity to enrich themselves...which is high on my list of things that anger me the most.
    Yeah. No one wants to feel used because someone took advantage of their kindness and believed it was weakness.

My wife and I don't generally do organized charitable giving (and my tax prep guy gives us hell for not doing stuff that requires receipts for itemizing). We both kind of help people we see on the street. But this dude that Eddie outed is just putting ass in everyone's face, and not even pretending that he did the right thing, or be willing to admit what he'd was effed up.

Sent from my iPad using WAYALIFE mobile app

Page 12 of 12 FirstFirst ... 2101112