2017 SEMA R1 Concepts - The Jeff Yurk Gofundme Funded Jeep JK Wrangler Unlimited

wayoflife

Administrator
Staff member
R1 Concepts is a manufacturer of high performance brakes and to help show off their products, they brought this nice Jeep JK Wrangler Unlimited out to the 2017 SEMA show and even propped it up in a way to give people a better look.

20171102081037-a8757394-me.jpg

20171102081042-766f3daf-me.jpg

20171102081101-41b8bcd8-me.jpg

20171102081053-37845dbb-me.jpg

20171102081217-1d9a0ce6-me.jpg

20171102081231-8bce5af6-me.jpg

20171102081323-44f5230a-me.jpg

20171102081141-91d447a8-me.jpg

20171102081126-cd978495-me.jpg

20171102081113-ca9206d2-me.jpg

20171102081117-fa8866aa-me.jpg

20171102081350-757effbe-me.jpg

20171102081300-c62e95f2-me.jpg

20171102081257-34838e57-me.jpg

20171102081252-16145f96-me.jpg

20171102081334-2f172a0b-me.jpg

20171102081345-c9c90391-me.jpg

20171102081338-74fc5b4b-me.jpg

20171102081019-64fcd66c-me.jpg

WJCO

Meme King
Nice. You can see they drive it too. They need a new front cover emblem, that color would pop even more.

Grappler

Nice. You can see they drive it too. They need a new front cover emblem, that color would pop even more.

Thanks for noticing! Yeah, this is no trailer queen! It has criss crossed it's way across the US this year hitting every cool trail we could hit, including a couple trips to Moab. 2 days after SEMA, I was deep into Rusty Nail and Golden Spike having a great time on the rocks with the "SEMA Jeep" :beer:

Grappler

Nice...looks like a few more brake options for JK's...

Thanks for all the comments. This is my Jeep (Based out of Fort Benning, GA) and I can tell you I with complete confidence that I have been very impressed with the R1 brakes. The more weight we add to these things and the large tires and wheels and having brake options is a big deal. The kit on mine is a 6 piston front and a 4 piston rear and it is a beast!

JK_Dave

Caught the Bug
Thanks for all the comments. This is my Jeep (Based out of Fort Benning, GA) and I can tell you I with complete confidence that I have been very impressed with the R1 brakes. The more weight we add to these things and the large tires and wheels and having brake options is a big deal. The kit on mine is a 6 piston front and a 4 piston rear and it is a beast!

Obviously they're your sponsor, but just between you and me, did you find they made a big difference over the Dynatrac big brakes? I think I can see the aluminum hats on the front rotors at least. Are the pads any larger?

wayoflife

Administrator
Staff member

You know, your Jeep kind of reminds me of one that a guy built after raising something like $100k on GoFundMe. If I recall, he couldn't afford to fix his house after it caught on fire and needed some financial help. eh, maybe it's just a coincidence.

Grappler

You know, your Jeep kind of reminds me of one that a guy built after raising something like $100k on GoFundMe. If I recall, he couldn't afford to fix his house after it caught on fire and needed some financial help. eh, maybe it's just a coincidence.

Haha. Not exactly, but similar.

My house burnt down in 2015 while I was stationed at Fort Bragg, NC. It was a tough time.

We ended up needing to pay off the house to not have to rebuild and the difference between what we had in savings was around 20k, which is what the fund was started for.

When we sold the land itself months later we spend the next two years donating to various charities until we have given back 150% ($30k) of what was given to us.

We were fortunate to have a lot of support and wanted to give back to others.

The Jeep was already WAY into its build by the time of the fire and at the time was my primary vehicle.

In the end, the Jeep to me is now a big part of getting through that entire ordeal. It was terrible at the time, but now just another hurdle we overcame.

wayoflife

Administrator
Staff member

My house burnt down in 2015 while I was stationed at Fort Bragg, NC. It was a tough time.

We ended up needing to pay off the house to not have to rebuild and the difference between what we had in savings was around 20k, which is what the fund was started for.

When we sold the land itself months later we spend the next two years donating to various charities until we have given back 150% ($30k) of what was given to us.

The Jeep was already WAY into its build by the time of the fire and at the time was my primary vehicle.

In the end, the Jeep to me is now a big part of getting through that entire ordeal. It was terrible at the time, but now just another hurdle we overcame.

Okay, this is the same Jeep. I remember because I thought it was odd that you were asking for money in March and then by April, you posted up how you had a brand new axle.

IMG_4422.jpg IMG_4423.jpg

Kudos to you for being able to get an interest free loan that helped you to pay off your house and sell your land and all the while being able to buy a new axle for your Jeep. Extra nice touch for giving the proceeds from the sale to various charities. :thumb:

Had it been me, I'd probably still be dicking around with the insurance company. :rolleyes2:

Grappler

In the end it worked out, but at the time it was stressful living in a hotel trying to figure out what to do. Everything was gone; all my grandfathers pictures and computers with my kids pictures.

I did not know about the GoFundMe until a couple days into it and by that time it had taken a life of its own. It was quite humbling in a terrible time.

The military and local Jeepers were also amazingly kind offering help with everything from clothing to pots and pans; people I had never met sending me messages offering back clothing.

You are right though, the insurance people drug out the process of repayment until early this year. I would not wish that process on anyone.

OverlanderJK

Resident Smartass

Which charities?

Not only did you get the money for free then you “donated” all that money and got a tax write off as well?

Sent from my iPhone using WAYALIFE mobile app

Grappler

Which charities?

Not only did you get the money for free then you “donated” all that money and got a tax write off as well?

Sent from my iPhone using WAYALIFE mobile app

Yes, it was wonderful. A dual-military family who had both recently returned from deployment to Afghanistan and Iraq, 7 months pregnant, and lost everything we owned, right after the baby shower, all of it gone. It was swell.

Forgive me if I’m not interested in retelling the story.

To the original post and questions: The R1 brakes were a very noticeable upgrade to the brakes I had on the Jeep. I met the guys from R1 at EJS and liked them a great deal and their product. They are not a sponsor and if I did not believe in the product, I would have taken it off. Really good people with a really good brake option for the JK with the ability to custom make each set to order.

Thanks again for the great pictures of my Jeep at SEMA.

Top Bottom