Page 4 of 7 FirstFirst ... 23456 ... LastLast

Thread: SEMA 2017 RECAP : The TOP 5 GOOD, the BAD and the UGLY

Great write up with great photos!

Quote Originally Posted by Brute View Post
    I pretty much have to agree with your conclusions...I very much like the tasteful swb Broncos, most of the Jeep trucks (except those with more than 4 wheels), a more affordable Hellcat crate engine (geez, wonder why)...

For me, a practical means of adding IFS/IRS to a JK without going the custom race shop route is number one...I actually was giving this consideration two years ago when building my JK6...Dynatrac was working on one, Currie put one on a JK8 that they were considering marketing...but this REX system is unique in that it will be made specifically for the JK platform...if they work out the bugs and can get a quality product to market soon, I'd give it a serious look...

Thank you both for all the miles and hours you put in covering this show...I've only attended one SEMA (last year)...it is almost an overwhelming task to cover the whole show...
    Glad you enjoyed the coverage and thanks for the input on what you thought of the show

Quote Originally Posted by blacker1 View Post
    Great write up with great photos!
    Thank you, we're so glad you liked our photos

I'm 100 % with you Eddie but as a European I would have loved a little more info from FCA on what they have in store for us (gulp) with the engines and drivetrains in the JL.........
    Just a 2.8 four banger diesel Jk Sahara with aev 2.5 dualsport xt lift and premium bumper and Cooper STT Pro in 33"......

Eddie - Thanks a ton for the visual sema treat for us. For the whole last week checking this blog was the first thing at office in my to-do list

Great stuff, must be exhaustive to get all of them.. did you see who won the battle of the builders this year?
    ---
    I went to School, but I never learnt what I wanted to!!!

Nothing but a Thing
    Quote Originally Posted by wayoflife View Post
    #2 - BDS Dual Steering Stabilizer Kit

So much of the aftermarket industry exists to provide products that are significant improvements over what came on your Jeep from the factory. It is because of this that I have to give the #2 - BAD spot to BDS Suspension and for making what is essentially a ridiculous Jeep JK Wrangler tie-rod protector. While I fully understand that there are uneducated people out there who are convinced that 2 steering stabilizers has to be better than just one, to place them way in front of and well below the tie-rod, a component that gets hit all the time and to the point where most replace them with an HD version and/or relocates it higher, makes absolutely no sense to me. I have to say, the fact that BDS would come up with this terrible idea at all is enough to make me question ALL of their products.
    https://wayalife.com/showthread.php/...gler-Unlimited
    Maybe the theory is that if you add one pressurized steering stabilizer that causes a pull one side, adding a second pointing the other way must make it drive straight right?
    That wack track bar bracket is scary enough on it's own. BDS is garbo.

I like it! Haha that’s all I need to sum up the show. Good picks!

Sent from my iPhone using WAYALIFE mobile app

Thanks to Cindy and Eddie for another great year of SEMA coverage! The JL pics are great,and I cant wait to see one in person! For me personally, the IFS system is awesome and I know I may be lone wolf here, but I’m all for an IFS Wrangler. That Synergy Commando though! Good lord that is a gorgeous Jeep! Ill have that one, or the ROAMR Gladiator!

Sent from my iPad using WAYALIFE mobile app
    "A Warrior Lives a life of contradiction, for he strives to create a world in which he is no longer needed"

BOHICA / 2016 Mojave Sand JKU
    BOHICA Build Thread

CRYSTAL / 2014 Granite Crystal Metallic JK Unlimited
    CRYSTAL Build Thread

Caught the Bug
    Thank you Eddie and Cindy great coverage and wonderful pictures

Sent from my iPhone using WAYALIFE mobile app

Fresh Catch

So much of the aftermarket industry exists to provide products that are significant improvements over what came on your Jeep from the factory. It is because of this that I have to give the #2 - BAD spot to BDS Suspension and for making what is essentially a ridiculous Jeep JK Wrangler tie-rod protector. While I fully understand that there are uneducated people out there who are convinced that 2 steering stabilizers has to be better than just one, to place them way in front of and well below the tie-rod, a component that gets hit all the time and to the point where most replace them with an HD version and/or relocates it higher, makes absolutely no sense to me. I have to say, the fact that BDS would come up with this terrible idea at all is enough to make me question ALL of their products.
    While you raise a legitimate concern based on the positioning of this particular dual stabilizer kit, the fact of the matter is this steering stabilizer kit is installed incorrectly. Our kit is designed to mount above the tie rod so that it doesn’t effect overall ground clearance. There were several examples of it installed correctly on vehicles around the show to reference if you chose to do so. We’ve been offering this kit as well as OE replacement stabilizer and the FOX ATS for the JK for several years. While we pride ourselves in offering high-quality lift kits and accessories, not all products are designed strictly to enhance offroad performance. As the trend to run larger/wider wheels and tires continues it creates more of a need for a steering stabilizer capable of controlling them on the road as well. When installed correctly this dual stabilizer offers improved steering control without the feedback associated with oversized tires/wheels. You’re entitled to your opinion, but questioning our entire company base on an incorrectly installed part on a show vehicle that isn't ours seems a bit harsh. We’ve been in business for more than 20 years designing, testing and using our products on and off-road. We stand behind our products with a no fine print warranty. -BDS Suspension

Quote Originally Posted by BDS Suspension View Post
    While you raise a legitimate concern based on the positioning of this particular dual stabilizer kit, the fact of the matter is this steering stabilizer kit is installed incorrectly. Our kit is designed to mount above the tie rod so that it doesn’t effect overall ground clearance. There were several examples of it installed correctly on vehicles around the show to reference if you chose to do so. We’ve been offering this kit as well as OE replacement stabilizer and the FOX ATS for the JK for several years. While we pride ourselves in offering high-quality lift kits and accessories, not all products are designed strictly to enhance offroad performance. As the trend to run larger/wider wheels and tires continues it creates more of a need for a steering stabilizer capable of controlling them on the road as well. When installed correctly this dual stabilizer offers improved steering control without the feedback associated with oversized tires/wheels. You’re entitled to your opinion, but questioning our entire company base on an incorrectly installed part on a show vehicle that isn't ours seems a bit harsh. We’ve been in business for more than 20 years designing, testing and using our products on and off-road. We stand behind our products with a no fine print warranty. -BDS Suspension
    Wow, after 20 years of designing, testing and using your products on and off-road, I am surprised that you still believe that a dual steering stabilizer system is somehow necessary to control larger and bigger tires. Clearly, all the other companies out there who don't feel there's a need for one have a lot to learn from you. As far as the so called installation error goes, it is funny how it's your product, one that you provided to be displayed prominently at SEMA and yet, it's somehow my fault for pointing out what I saw. I do appreciate you acknowledging the fact that I am entitled to my opinion, here on my own forum and have to say that you signing up on it and just to post this up, has only enforced what I think of BDS.

Page 4 of 7 FirstFirst ... 23456 ... LastLast