Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: Stabilitrak

Nothing but a Thing Snboarder113's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by JKDream View Post
    That would rip the clock spring wires out, and light up your dash.
    Not necessarily they build in a good amount of extra wire in the clock spring. Don’t think that would effect anything though.

Sent from my iPhone using WAYALIFE mobile app

Been Around the Block
    Turn it off so it never comes back on best solution.

Quote Originally Posted by Deankxf View Post
    So I just got the jeep aligned today, everything’s right on, steering wheel is perfectly straight, but stabilitrak still keeps applying brakes to the front end on turns, anything else causing this?
    Bad speed sensor will do this as would a speed sensor cable that's chaffed and grounding out as it makes contact with something metal on turns.

Quote Originally Posted by jeeeep View Post
    the stability control system sees one wheel spinning faster than the other and will apply the brakes assuming you are in some sort of slide.

once you change from the OEM tire size it affects it.

Make sure both tires are at the same tire pressure but better yet, disable the Stability control, you'll get a ESP warning at start up and a light on the dash but it'd better than having the system decide when it wants to apply the brakes.

If you have a Rubicon you should have a ESP switch to temporarily disable it, it'll reset each time you shut down.

Alternatively you can take it to the dealer to flash the ECU and disable it or do the steering wheel dance to permanently disable it.
    How can I disable it?

Quote Originally Posted by BaddestCross View Post
    Larger tires should have no affect on the system. I'd check the connections and wires at each sensor to make sure they're tight and not frayed or damaged.

If they're good, then one of the sensors is probably bad. Buy one and swap out one at a time until you find the culprit or replace all 4.

There's probably a way to test the sensors with a meter, but I don't know what the readings are supposed to be.

--
    Build Thread - Adventures of Fiona - https://wayalife.com/showthread.php?t=47407
    I would hope they are good, my jeeps a 2017 with 4,xxx miles

Nothing but a Thing Snboarder113's Avatar
    Is there a reason you’re avoiding taking it in under warranty then?

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12