Page 1 of 5 123 ... LastLast

Thread: 100 GRAND - Rubicat Coming of Age Run

100 GRAND - Rubicat Coming of Age Run

I don't know what it is about 100,000 miles but I'd be lying if I said that Cindy and I hadn't been resisting Rubicat from getting there. Truth be told, she'd been on the threshold of it for the last few months and we could have easily gotten her to cross it at any time. I suppose maybe it was a coming of age thing and neither one of us wanted to admit that she was actually getting older. But then, the more we thought about it, the more we were reminded of what all those miles really represented - all the fun places that she has taken us over the last 6 years.

After being cooped up for the last couple of weeks trying to get part 2 of Heart & Soul done before Christmas, Cindy and I were in desperate need of getting out! With no real plans and nowhere we needed to be, we decided to load up Rubicat and take her on a trip across 100 grand. Although we didn't take as many pics as we should have, here are a few Rubicat insisting on and just to show us just how young she really is.

On a whim, we packed Rubicat as soon as Christmas was over and we made our way south to where it always seems to be summer.

Being that we were in their neck of the woods, we decided to call our good friends Tony and Steph to see if they might be able to come out to play. As luck would have it, their son was leaving for home that morning and after giving them some coordinates, they meet up with us later on in the day.

To get a better view of where we were at, we climbed our way up into the hills.

The trail heading down the hill was very steep and rutted up but Rubicat saw it as an opportunity to show how she's still got it.

With Rubicat at the bottom, it was easier to see that there was actually an easier line down. But, I somehow think she knew it.

Up into some bigger rocks, Rubicat decided to demonstrate how she can still do the twist.

Who needs tire tread when shoulder lugs can get the job done.

Tony making his way through.

Oh boy, more rocks to climb!

Getting Tony setup to climb up too.

Just when we were getting started, the sun decided to go home.

Without question, the lack of daylight is the biggest bummer about winter - guess it's time to head back to pavement.

Being that this was just a banzai trip without any real plan in mind, it seemed like we were already on our way home and just after getting started on it. And, before we knew it, 100 grand was just 1 mile away.

And, here's the moment it finally happened...

Wanna win a WAYALIFE T-shirt? Be the first person to correctly guess where we were at when Rubicat rolled 100,000 miles on her odometer.

With that, Rubicat officially has over 100,000 miles on her odometer and I hope you enjoyed her coming of age trip.

Great way to document that milestone.
    Support the JL forum: JLWRANGLER.COM

Alabama Hills?

You were on a dirt road...did I win?

Knows a Thing or Two RESURECTIONJK's Avatar
    All I can say is amazing. Rubicat is still my favorite of the lineup. Looks like a section of the overland rout/pony express. I'm terrible with Nevada geography. Thanks so much for including us in the journey.

Quote Originally Posted by WJCO View Post
    Great way to document that milestone.
    Thanks! Still can't believe that we were able to get her up to 100k so quickly especially being that we've been racking them up on Moby too

Quote Originally Posted by Moochie View Post
    Alabama Hills?
    LOL!! Guess it was too easy. Would you like a JL shirt instead?

Quote Originally Posted by Brute View Post
    You were on a dirt road...did I win?
    Well, there is that too but Moochie was a bit more thorough in his answer

Quote Originally Posted by RESURECTIONJK View Post
    All I can say is amazing. Rubicat is still my favorite of the lineup. Looks like a section of the overland rout/pony express. I'm terrible with Nevada geography. Thanks so much for including us in the journey.
    It's similar terrain but this was in California

Knows a Thing or Two RESURECTIONJK's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by wayoflife View Post
    Thanks! Still can't believe that we were able to get her up to 100k so quickly especially being that we've been racking them up on Moby too

Well, there is that too but Moochie was a bit more thorough in his answer

It's similar terrain but this was in California
    Well hell lol. I am apparently geographically challenged . Looks like I need to get a bit further out west and south. Hint hint.

Quote Originally Posted by wayoflife View Post
    I wasn’t 100% sure. I looked up some photos of the Mt Whitney area to double check. I would love to have a JL shirt. Thanks!

Nothing but a Thing TrainWreck618's Avatar

100 GRAND - Rubicat Coming of Age Run

Rubicat's lookin good as always Great photos

Sent from my iPhone using WAYALIFE mobile app

Nothing but a Thing BaddestCross's Avatar
    Dammit. The Movie Road was gonna be my guess. Too little, too late. 😂

--
    Build Thread - Adventures of Fiona - https://wayalife.com/showthread.php?t=47407
    --
    Build Thread: Adventures with Fiona
    '08 JKR Rescue Green 2-Door

Page 1 of 5 123 ... LastLast