Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123

Thread: DIY - EVO Tire Carrier Rotopax Mount Installation Write-Up

looks great

Quote Originally Posted by wayoflife View Post
    Didn't even think about that! I definitely wanted a setup where I could take off the Rotopax and things still look like they belong - like that's how the tire carrier came.
    Yea it does look great and like itís part of the carrier.

Quote Originally Posted by Flat Top View Post
    +1 I used the plate and KC clamps on the upper angled bars as well but I don't really like the look of the clamp placement. Not sure why I did not think of the horizontal cross bar. Eddie's way looks much cleaner.

Attachment 290622
    I know right? I saw what he did and I was like why the hell didnít I put those on that horizontal bar haha

Sent from my iPhone using WAYALIFE mobile app

Nothing but a Thing
    Would this work with 2, 2 gallon RotoPAX tanks sitting vertical rather than the horizontal 4gal? I think it would look a little better and be easier to manage. Looks like I would just rotate the RotoPAX mounts 90 degrees on the universal plate.

Quote Originally Posted by zimm View Post
    Would this work with 2, 2 gallon RotoPAX tanks sitting vertical rather than the horizontal 4gal? I think it would look a little better and be easier to manage. Looks like I would just rotate the RotoPAX mounts 90 degrees on the universal plate.
    Don't see why it wouldn't work.

Caught the Bug

Great idea

I like the idea of this design. I have the DV8 carrier and have been wanting a cheaper way to mount the rotopax cans than what Iíve seen available. I like my LP being in the center but Iím sure I could mount the bracket for the cans above the plate and still look good. Thanks for the idea on where to start. Keep Jeepin

Knows a Thing or Two MericaMade's Avatar
    Nice write up. I like the look of the bumperless jeep but aren't you worried or have you ever taken a shot to the rear panels without bumper protection?

Quote Originally Posted by TxCrushinJKUR View Post
    I like the idea of this design. I have the DV8 carrier and have been wanting a cheaper way to mount the rotopax cans than what Iíve seen available. I like my LP being in the center but Iím sure I could mount the bracket for the cans above the plate and still look good. Thanks for the idea on where to start. Keep Jeepin
    Glad my write-up was able to give you some ideas and welcome to WAYALIFE

Quote Originally Posted by MericaMade View Post
    Nice write up. I like the look of the bumperless jeep but aren't you worried or have you ever taken a shot to the rear panels without bumper protection?
    Hasn't been a problem for me yet but then, I'm just a mall crawler

Thatís a great idea. Nice write-up. You can really do a lot with those KC roll bar mounts.

Still need to do this. But want to mount mine higher above the license plate.

Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123