Page 3 of 12 FirstFirst 12345 ... LastLast

Thread: King of the Hammers 2018

Quote Originally Posted by FallonJeeper View Post
    I sure will. Never know where race ops will place me.

Attachment 290842

But if you see me, wave back!
    Man, still digging your truck...I might have to look for a J truck someday after I get done with my F250...of course the wife is not going to be happy about it...

Knows a Thing or Two FallonJeeper's Avatar
    Just get it and build it. She'll love it after she sees the final results.

I just bought this to haul my J10 to Hammers

20180126_171559.jpg

No need to buy tickets for hanmertown. It’s cool to look at all the stuff though. Enter through a road southwest of hammertown and camp!

Sent from my iPhone using WAYALIFE mobile app

I'll be there! It'll be my first time, would be cool to link up with a few folks from here

Quote Originally Posted by jjlong View Post
    I'll be there all week. We usually find a remote area of course to kick back and watch. Give me a wave if you see me.Attachment 290831

Sent from my SM-G930V using WAYALIFE mobile app
    Hell's gate is usually pretty remote and no crowd. That's where I was last year for the Everyman challenge standing on a broken leg I didn't know I had...haha

Sent from my 2PYB2 using WAYALIFE mobile app

I sure will. Never know where race ops will place me.

Attachment 290842

But if you see me, wave back!
    You part of Dave's group of helpers?
    Quote Originally Posted by AlStew View Post
    No need to buy tickets for hanmertown. It’s cool to look at all the stuff though. Enter through a road southwest of hammertown and camp!

Sent from my iPhone using WAYALIFE mobile app
    ^^^This^^^

It sucks that Dave pulls crazy permits which essentially shuts down the entire area for public use during his event now. In the early days he would just con people into paying to go in when they didn't need to. People had no idea and it looked legit. He got in trouble for that and started calling it a "donation". Then wristbands became required for access to hammer town. Last year it was all the popular viewing areas ie...chocolate thunder, backdoor, jack and claw hammer. Now he pulls a special use permit for the entire area all week. I know it's expensive to run an event like this but to me it BS. Never got charged to attend the MORE events or district 37 events.

I used to race in the 4400 Unlimited then 4800 Legends. Raced the 2013 - 2015 seasons. Now I volunteer, since 2016 for the UTV race and King of the Hammers race. I run race strategy for one of the Legends class cars in the Every Man Challenge.

I have nothing to do with the business. I'm told it's very expensive to put this all together. That's all I know about it.

I used to race in the 4400 Unlimited then 4800 Legends. Raced the 2013 - 2015 seasons. Now I volunteer, since 2016 for the UTV race and King of the Hammers race. I run race strategy for one of the Legends class cars in the Every Man Challenge.

I have nothing to do with the business. I'm told it's very expensive to put this all together. That's all I know about it.
    Sorry I didn't mean to come across abrasive. I know there are hundreds of volunteers and I do commend all of them as coordinating all of that is a job in itself. Guys and gals like yourself are what off road racing is all about.

No problem. And thanks. If you do come out and see me on the lake bed, please stop by and say hi.

Page 3 of 12 FirstFirst 12345 ... LastLast