Holy shit again!

Spazbyt

Hooked
My firearms, including two AR15 rifles, are locked in a safe. If you own firearms, you SHOULD own a safe, as a responsible gun owner.

I grew up around guns but they were always in a gun safe. If I wanted access I simply asked my dad and he would unlock it and make the guns safe. When I was done looking at them he would lock them back up. I cant imagine a house with guns and ammo just laying around.
Strange, now that I think about it that's how he was with his tools too!

black pearl

Hooked
Its not just the safe.... It’s educating your kids...

I wasn't planning on commenting on any of these threads, but I completely agree with this. My wife and I have different views on guns, but I believe my daughter should understand gun safety whether we own a gun or not.
What happens if she's at someone's home and a friend pulls out a gun to "play" with? I want her to understand the dangers of firearms and know what NOT to do. Her safety is my primary concern and knowing she has the information to keep her safe I believe is important.

Sent from my iPhone using WAYALIFE mobile app

WJCO

Meme King
Its not just the safe.... It’s educating your kids...

I wasn't planning on commenting on any of these threads, but I completely agree with this. My wife and I have different views on guns, but I believe my daughter should understand gun safety whether we own a gun or not.
What happens if she's at someone's home and a friend pulls out a gun to "play" with? I want her to understand the dangers of firearms and know what NOT to do. Her safety is my primary concern and knowing she has the information to keep her safe I believe is important.

Very agreed. We started talking to our kids about guns at age 2 and showing them what they were. We were at a relative's house once and there was a BB gun that looked real and my 3 year old son came running and told me about it.

You never know when your child will find one or see one even if there isn't an adult around.

Not that this prevents suicide, but I agree on both of your comments.

black pearl

Hooked
Very agreed. We started talking to our kids about guns at age 2 and showing them what they were. We were at a relative's house once and there was a BB gun that looked real and my 3 year old son came running and told me about it.

You never know when your child will find one or see one even if there isn't an adult around.

Not that this prevents suicide, but I agree on both of your comments.

I agree this does not prevent suicide. I unfortunately have seen that more than I would like to admit in my life. The small steps I take in my personal life to try and help the situation. Is when I encounter a individual child, teen or adult that shows signs. I talk to them. I let them know that their are people who care if they live or die. I know in the big picture my efforts are small and insignificant, but I have been rewarded once with someone coming back to me saying I helped them through a time in their life and because of that. They are still here. Sometimes it's the small things in our life that we do, that can make a huge impact in someone else's life.

EricInUtah

Times have definitely changed. I'm 48 and I remember making a gun rack in my 7th grade shop class. It went on the wall of my bedroom and held a shotgun and a rifle until I graduated college and moved out. You just can't do that anymore. I have a large safe that houses all of my guns except one pistol which stays on me pretty much all the time and is locked up when it isn't.

It seems like there were troubled kids when I was growing up too. I knew a few people that committed suicide and that was a lot for the small town in SC that I grew up in, but they didn't feel the need to do it in front of everyone and make it on the news. I sometimes feel like social media, reality tv and 24 hour news channels have warped the senses of kids today. That and broken homes that lead to screwed up childhoods. I'm amazed at some of the screwed up situations my teenage son's friends have for a home life.

Zevulin

I have met many families who have lost a son or daughter to gun violence. Some of these parents sent their children over to a friend’s house to play, only for them to never return. Some of these parents’ children were murdered due to senseless gun violence. Others live with the knowledge that their children ultimately took their lives with a gun they kept in their home for protection or hunting. The death of a child is tragic, a grief no parent should have to live with, and a grief no parent can ever truly forget.

JAGS

Hooked
So many issues. No enough solutions. Maybe this should be merged with the other discussion? I'll think we'll just rehash the same scapegoating here.

jesse3638

Hooked
So many issues. No enough solutions. Maybe this should be merged with the other discussion? I'll think we'll just rehash the same scapegoating here.
Just realized I have all the answers. Here they are:

Parents need to parent

Teachers need to teach

People need to accept responsibility for their actions

People need to understand all people are different and treat them with kindness and respect

A gun or any inanimate object is only a weapon if it's used to harm others which once the answer above is followed will never happen.

Guns (weapons) don't kill people, people do so stop blaming inanimate objects.

Common sense and respect goes along way if everyone used it.

Put these into place and the world's problems are over.

Sent from my 2PYB2 using WAYALIFE mobile app

JAGS

Hooked
Just realized I have all the answers. Here they are:

Parents need to parent

Teachers need to teach

People need to accept responsibility for their actions

People need to understand all people are different and treat them with kindness and respect

A gun or any inanimate object is only a weapon if it's used to harm others which once the answer above is followed will never happen.

Guns (weapons) don't kill people, people do so stop blaming inanimate objects.

Common sense and respect goes along way if everyone used it.

Put these into place and the world's problems are over.

Sent from my 2PYB2 using WAYALIFE mobile app

Just need to add:

Win the lotto

Not sure how that would impact the world, but it would help a lot with my problems. Lol.

Top Bottom