Page 5 of 5 FirstFirst ... 345
Results 41 to 48 of 48

Thread: FLEX TEST : Will 37's Clear a JL Rubicon running 2.5" of Lift & Without Rubbing??

  1. #41
    Knows a Thing or Two pop2tu's Avatar
    Join Date
    Feb 2013
    Location
    High desert Ca
    Posts
    657
    I知 curious if or when the temp warms up if the JLU will go into limp mode with the 37s and stock gearing. But it sure looks good.

  2. #42
    Hooked blacker1's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jul 2013
    Location
    Michigan
    Posts
    107
    Very cool, I知 glad it all worked out for you with just some minor mods. Thank you for sharing.

  3. #43
    Administrator wayoflife's Avatar
    Join Date
    Oct 2011
    Location
    Carson City, NV
    Posts
    54,015
    Quote Originally Posted by pop2tu View Post
    I知 curious if or when the temp warms up if the JLU will go into limp mode with the 37s and stock gearing. But it sure looks good.
    Shouldn't. Certainly, it hasn't happened for us anyway. We've had our speed re-calibrated at the dealership too.

    Quote Originally Posted by blacker1 View Post
    Very cool, I知 glad it all worked out for you with just some minor mods. Thank you for sharing.
    You bet

  4. #44
    Hooked Taz81's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jul 2016
    Location
    Kingman, AZ
    Posts
    120
    Looks good, You taking Jet Li for EJS? or one of the others?

  5. #45
    Caught the Bug bluewave's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jun 2013
    Location
    Carlsbad NM, San Antonio TX
    Posts
    65
    Just picked up our JL and took it out to work already!

    IMG_8090.jpg
    2011 JKU LSA powered (SOLD)

    2018 JL Rubicon
    ADD bumpers, Baja designs lights, 12k winch

  6. #46
    Been Around the Block
    Join Date
    May 2014
    Location
    san jose
    Posts
    358
    Impressive....when are you trying 40's would like to see whats required for running them besides PR's.

    Thanks.

  7. #47
    Hooked
    Join Date
    Nov 2014
    Location
    Sweden
    Posts
    162
    It is very cool that it is so easy to make 37`s work.

    However, where you live rust is no problem but for me with a lot of salt in the winters rust is a problem. When taking away those plastic pices the body is exposed to all the dirt and gravel that the tyres will throw up and in the end it will chip the paint and expose the metall.

    Of course I do understand that it is proberly a fix to protect it in some way, maybee with some other "shields" that take less space.

    Anyway, looks good!

  8. #48
    Administrator wayoflife's Avatar
    Join Date
    Oct 2011
    Location
    Carson City, NV
    Posts
    54,015
    Quote Originally Posted by Taz81 View Post
    Looks good, You taking Jet Li for EJS? or one of the others?
    Yup, we'll be taking JET Li to Moab

    Quote Originally Posted by bluewave View Post
    Just picked up our JL and took it out to work already!
    Congrats to you, looks awesome!

    Quote Originally Posted by 2011jk View Post
    Impressive....when are you trying 40's would like to see whats required for running them besides PR's.

    Thanks.
    LOL!! Wanna push the factory axles for a while and see how long they'll last but, hoping to get on 40's before the end of the year.

    Quote Originally Posted by Bingobelle View Post
    It is very cool that it is so easy to make 37`s work.

    However, where you live rust is no problem but for me with a lot of salt in the winters rust is a problem. When taking away those plastic pices the body is exposed to all the dirt and gravel that the tyres will throw up and in the end it will chip the paint and expose the metall.

    Of course I do understand that it is proberly a fix to protect it in some way, maybee with some other "shields" that take less space.

    Anyway, looks good!
    Thanks! It is nice to live where we do where we don't have to worry about things like salt. I'm sure I could have gotten more creative with the heat gun if needed though.

Page 5 of 5 FirstFirst ... 345

Similar Threads

  1. Replies: 30
    Last Post: 06-22-2017, 02:02 AM
  2. Rubicat on 40's FLEX TEST
    By wayoflife in forum Jeep Show & Tell
    Replies: 58
    Last Post: 10-30-2015, 03:41 PM
  3. Who's running a 2" to 3" lift w/ 37's (Got Pics?)
    By dgriz in forum Jeep Show & Tell
    Replies: 11
    Last Post: 09-12-2013, 07:22 AM

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •  
About us
努ayoflife is a moniker that I致e been using for 20 years now and I chose it because I think it does a great job of explaining, in simple terms, the passion I have for Jeeps and the Jeep way of life. This is a lifestyle that transcends age, gender and race as the only thing you need to be a part of it is a love for the outdoors, a desire to explore, a yearning to take on a challenge and a will to conquer it. Over the years, Cindy and I have attempted to capture the essence of this lifestyle through photographs and videos and share it with others around the world. And, this is how WAYALIFE was born.
Join us
WATCH OUR VIDEOS