Page 1 of 5 123 ... LastLast

Thread: Orca coolers

Orca coolers

Just found some of these. Anyone have one? I know most run ARB, but I can't see spending that much.
    “Dogs are our link to paradise. They don't know evil or jealousy or discontent. To sit with a dog on a hillside on a glorious afternoon is to be back in Eden, where doing nothing was not boring--it was peace.”

“Twenty years from now you will be more disappointed by the things that you didn't do than by the ones you did do...
    Explore. Dream. Discover."

"Take a compass, because it's always awkward when you have to eat a friend."

If I was in the market for a high end hard shell cooler I’d buy an Orca. I would buy this over a Yeti.

Its a hard bullet to bite understandably but I get way more use out of my ARB than any other cooler I’ve owned combined.
    en hopup veritas

Quote Originally Posted by HighwayTrout View Post
    If I was in the market for a high end hard shell cooler I’d buy an Orca. I would buy this over a Yeti.

Its a hard bullet to bite understandably but I get way more use out of my ARB than any other cooler I’ve owned combined.
    Roger that...

I agree on the ARB. Can you keep those plugged in all the time? Anyone ever have them drain a battery?
    “Dogs are our link to paradise. They don't know evil or jealousy or discontent. To sit with a dog on a hillside on a glorious afternoon is to be back in Eden, where doing nothing was not boring--it was peace.”

“Twenty years from now you will be more disappointed by the things that you didn't do than by the ones you did do...
    Explore. Dream. Discover."

"Take a compass, because it's always awkward when you have to eat a friend."

That dude from Mississippi notnalc68's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by catahoula View Post
    I agree on the ARB. Can you keep those plugged in all the time? Anyone ever have them drain a battery?
    Mine is plugged into my wife’s Grand Cherokee, right now. We plug it into an extension cord, at night, but it ran off the battery for two days, last weekend, and no problems.

I had a Pelican cooler, but I got tired off taking that heavy S.O.B. out, every time I needed to drain water.

Sent from my iPhone using WAYALIFE mobile app
    Jeep parts and accessories purchased through the following link will help support this forum and at no cost to you.
    RECOMMENDED JEEP PARTS & ACCESSORIES

Quote Originally Posted by catahoula View Post
    Yes and yes.
    en hopup veritas

That dude from Mississippi notnalc68's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by HighwayTrout View Post
    Yes and yes.
    How long did it sit, before the battery went dead?

Jeep parts and accessories purchased through the following link will help support this forum and at no cost to you.
    RECOMMENDED JEEP PARTS & ACCESSORIES

ARB ALL THE WAY.
    I have had mine years now. Works awesome. Never drained battery. I have seen where others leave in their Jeep year round with no issues. Beats dealing with ice melting.

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SM-G935A using WAYALIFE mobile app
    2013 JK Unlimited Rubicon
    Bright White
    Hardtop
    4.10-Auto

Modifications so far: EVO LEVEL, LOD Rock Rails, Rock Hard oil/trans skid, Rock Hard Sport Cage, Drake hood latches, Truck-lite LED Headlights, Rigid Dually D2 LED's, DIY Grill Inserts, CB, Spiderweb Shade, Poison Spyder Diff. Covers.

Build Thread (SLOW) - http://wayalife.com/showthread.php?2...r-build-thread

They have a shutoff feature that is supposed to prevent a dead battery...on my Brute, I have a dual battery setup that only allows the aux battery to drain down...when I pulled the passenger seat on my JK6 and put the fridge there for my UT trip, I plugged the fridge into a Goal Zero battery source, and plugged the Goal Zero into my power inverter in the Jeep...fridge ran for two weeks constantly with no issues...the Goal Zero can run the fridge for 24 hours, and would fully recharge every day I drove the jeep

My wife has an Orca cooler. I have a Brute Bison. They are built well, much like the rest if the roto-molded style coolers. You are essentially paying for a name (Yeti, Engel, Orca, etc). They do take up a large amount of room compared to their capacity, but packed appropriately, they keep food/beverages cold for days.

Page 1 of 5 123 ... LastLast