Orca coolers

TOPLESS

Caught the Bug
With all the recommendations to get a ARB what size do you guys run?? I also keep kicking around buying a Yeti or equivalent.

WJCO

Meme King
With all the recommendations to get a ARB what size do you guys run?? I also keep kicking around buying a Yeti or equivalent.

We run a 50 qt with 3 kids and so far so good. I don't think anything smaller would have worked for us.

Brute

Hooked
Which Goal Zero are you running? I no longer trust my Yeti 400 for extended fridge duty. The electronics in it crapped out on a Friday night of a three day camping trip. Fortunately my stock Jeep battery ran the fridge with zero issues or I would have been SOL. I’m bummed because I put together a decent solar setup and have a bunch of Goal Zero stuff.

On the plus side, they were great honoring the warranty. They first sent a replacement battery (which they let me keep) and then replaced all of the electronics.

Sent from my iPad using WAYALIFE mobile app

I'll check when I get to WA in a few weeks...it came with my Xventure trailer;I didn't even know what the hell it was. I fully charged it, then ran the fridge off it for 24 hours...I plugged it into my 400 watt transformer I put into the JK6, it recharged during a normal days driving. For the two weeks in UT, it never discharged more than 50% while letting the fridge run 24/7...worked like a charm

Brute

Hooked
We run a 50 qt with 3 kids and so far so good. I don't think anything smaller would have worked for us.

I think 50 qts is the norm for most people...I put a dozen bottles of water & a dozen cans of beer and there is plenty room for several days of food...as the water & beer levels go down, I just stick more in as needed during the trip

catahoula

Caught the Bug
When you think about all the gas to go get ice, labor to put in cooler, labor to dump I guess it would be sensible to just buy an ARB!:)

jesse3638

Hooked
I'm on the fence with these damn things. On one hand the fridge freezers are really nice but they're $900. No doubt they're the cat's ass but that's a shitload of dough. On the other hand the Yeti/RTIC/Pelican/Orca coolers are really nice too but they ain't cheap either. Also looking at the Dometic brand of fridge/freezers which look pretty nice. They make a lot of the fridges in RV/Horse trailers and have pretty much the same reviews as ARB on Amazon. So in the end I don't buy anything and then bitch when I go on a trip because my shit gets all soggy. :gaah:

This sounds like me with every purchase I make..haha. 90% of the time go back to the first choice I looked at and always look for it cheaper after I purchased it...:crazyeyes:

Should be the first thing every jeep owner buys.

Sent from my iPhone using WAYALIFE mobile app

Maybe purchasing this would turn me from a Jeep owner to a Jeep user..haha. After the Rockin Rubicon and seeing everyone's they sure were nice. My Igloo did well for the 2 of us on the trip though.

The RTIC brand seems reasonably priced too. Never realized so many brands to choose from.

All the knockoff brands are ex employees of yeti so they just started up and made the same products. Don’t piss off people that work for you, they’ll become your competition. The only claim yeti was successful at making was the latch was too similar on the rtic. 🧐

Sent from my iPhone using WAYALIFE mobile app

WJCO

Meme King
When you think about all the gas to go get ice, labor to put in cooler, labor to dump I guess it would be sensible to just buy an ARB!:)

It really is a nice convenience. They aren't cheap, but once you get one, they really do get used and are crazy convenient. We really hesitated for awhile just because of the cost but were lucky enough to find one on CL for 600 bucks. When we're not camping/Jeeping, just having it in the Jeep for groceries means we don't have to rush home if we buy stuff that we have to keep cold. We can do all our other errands without worrying about the food being left in the Jeep.

Brute

Hooked
It really is a nice convenience. They aren't cheap, but once you get one, they really do get used and are crazy convenient. We really hesitated for awhile just because of the cost but were lucky enough to find one on CL for 600 bucks. When we're not camping/Jeeping, just having it in the Jeep for groceries means we don't have to rush home if we buy stuff that we have to keep cold. We can do all our other errands without worrying about the food being left in the Jeep.

Probably the number one use...

fiend

Caught the Bug
You damn ARB lovers. Every time one of these threads pops up, I have to cycle through the “wow it would be cool to have that” vs “damn that’s a lot of money” conversations in my head. 🤣

Probably the number one use...

It’s easily our number one use. Multiple times a week it serves grocery duty. It’s nice going to the store before the crowds and keeping all the food safe while we run errands instead of waiting till the end of the day.

Ddays

Hooked
This sounds like me with every purchase I make..haha. 90% of the time go back to the first choice I looked at and always look for it cheaper after I purchased it...:crazyeyes:

Right? I spend so much time hem-hawing around before I buy something. Drives me nuts :naw:

We can do all our other errands without worrying about the food being left in the Jeep.

It’s easily our number one use. Multiple times a week it serves grocery duty. It’s nice going to the store before the crowds and keeping all the food safe while we run errands instead of waiting till the end of the day.

This is what ultimately will lead me to finally purchase one of these. Trips to Costco early to beat the crowds & then can do other errands afterwards instead of the other way around.

TOPLESS

Caught the Bug
You damn ARB lovers. Every time one of these threads pops up, I have to cycle through the “wow it would be cool to have that” vs “damn that’s a lot of money” conversations in my head. 🤣

Yep the same damn conversation I’m having in my head at this moment.

CCTX50

I’m sure not. But I just dropped about $3k for tires, tie rod, ball joints, and a few other things. So my Jeep fund is running a bit low at the moment. [emoji26]
Understandable. I've been saving for bumpers and I seem to have kids that always need something. One day.

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SM-G935A using WAYALIFE mobile app

fiend

Caught the Bug
I'm on the fence with these damn things. On one hand the fridge freezers are really nice but they're $900. No doubt they're the cat's ass but that's a shitload of dough. On the other hand the Yeti/RTIC/Pelican/Orca coolers are really nice too but they ain't cheap either. Also looking at the Dometic brand of fridge/freezers which look pretty nice. They make a lot of the fridges in RV/Horse trailers and have pretty much the same reviews as ARB on Amazon. So in the end I don't buy anything and then bitch when I go on a trip because my shit gets all soggy. :gaah:

Also looking at the Dometic 50. Kinda like the lid orientation better than the ARB. Also the dimensions are a little different and may fit better in my rig. Reviews on Amazon are pretty much the same as ARB. Do you know anyone that has one?

Top Bottom