Thread: ROAM JL Wrangler Steering Geometry Kit

Post ROAM JL Wrangler Steering Geometry Kit

ROAM JL Steering Geometry Kit : includes the ROAM JL Drag Link Flip Kit, ROAM JL Front Trackbar Relocation Kit and the ROAM JL Front Track Bar

Instead of talking about the boring stuff like how we're using DOM chromoly or HD oversized forged rod ends lets talk about the differences:

- No bump stop extensions needed - high clearance drag link and track bar will clear frame rails even when installed on a stock height JL under full articulation and suspension movement. Will not reduce available suspension travel unlike other track bars that do not account for frame rail clearance.

- Raised roll center height designed to work as a system. Tested to be perfectly parallel pivot to pivot between the drag link and the track bar.

- Adjustable heavy duty track bar that curves at the very end so it can be installed flipped upside down in case you're going back to stock. Compatible with the stock mounting location as well as the trackbar relocation bracket.

- No cutting or welding required for installation.

- JL steering knuckle drilling jig - why freehand drill something that can easily go wrong when a jig can make things a lot easier and safer? Our JL steering knuckle drill jig bolts to the steering knuckle so that when you drill the steering knuckle to reverse the taper you'll always be centered and the alignment will always be straight.
    Attached Images Attached Images
    www.roamoffroad.com - JL Wrangler Custom Builds and Parts

Quote Originally Posted by ROAM View Post
    ROAM JL Steering Geometry Kit : includes the ROAM JL Drag Link Flip Kit, ROAM JL Front Trackbar Relocation Kit and the ROAM JL Front Track Bar

Instead of talking about the boring stuff like how we're using DOM chromoly or HD oversized forged rod ends lets talk about the differences:

- No bump stop extensions needed - high clearance drag link and track bar will clear frame rails even when installed on a stock height JL under full articulation and suspension movement. Will not reduce available suspension travel unlike other track bars that do not account for frame rail clearance.

- Raised roll center height designed to work as a system. Tested to be perfectly parallel pivot to pivot between the drag link and the track bar.

- Adjustable heavy duty track bar that curves at the very end so it can be installed flipped upside down in case you're going back to stock. Compatible with the stock mounting location as well as the trackbar relocation bracket.

- No cutting or welding required for installation.

- JL steering knuckle drilling jig - why freehand drill something that can easily go wrong when a jig can make things a lot easier and safer? Our JL steering knuckle drill jig bolts to the steering knuckle so that when you drill the steering knuckle to reverse the taper you'll always be centered and the alignment will always be straight.
    Awesome. Looks like you really thought this out.
    Jeep parts and accessories purchased through the following link will help support this forum and at no cost to you.
    RECOMMENDED JEEP PARTS & ACCESSORIES

Support the JL forum: JLWRANGLER.COM

Jeep JT GLADIATOR FORUM: www.JT-Gladiator.com

Very cool system!

Sent from my iPhone using WAYALIFE mobile app
    2015 JKU Rubicon AEV JK350
    1985 Jeep CJ8 Scrambler

Quote Originally Posted by ROAM View Post
    OUTSTANDING job guys

I hope you don't mind but I moved your posts and the subsequent responses into a new thread so that it doesn't get lost.

Wow, looks like the kit is OEM. Well done.

Sent from my iPad using WAYALIFE mobile app

Arrow

Quote Originally Posted by WJCO View Post
    Awesome. Looks like you really thought this out.
    Quote Originally Posted by wjtstudios View Post
    Very cool system!
    Quote Originally Posted by wayoflife View Post
    OUTSTANDING job guys
    Quote Originally Posted by Andy5160 View Post
    Wow, looks like the kit is OEM. Well done.

Thanks for the support everyone!

Here's an update showing our JL Steering Geometry Kit in action at EJS 2019: no bump stop extensions installed at all - on the stock bump stops and the stock fenders with 37"'s and the OE wheels (pictured on a CTI ramp). The bend in the drag link (flipped drag link) that everyone always asks about is shown here in action clearing the passenger side frame rail on full flex on a CTI ramp.
    Attached Images Attached Images
    www.roamoffroad.com - JL Wrangler Custom Builds and Parts

Knows a Thing or Two TheGrendel's Avatar
    very interesting. time will tell how it holds up. but, innovation is always a good thing.

just looked this up on your site and the drilling jig has been crossed out, does it not come with the drilling jig?