Looking for some advice alignment sheet darting feeling and wondering

13jkdune

Hey all a bit of background running a

Barnes 4wd aluminum 1 ton steering

Danna 30 front 4:88 sleeves trussed c gussets teraflex balljoints ox locker and chomoly shafts jks discos senergy lower fixed control arms

Rear 44 4:88 ox locker and shafts

2.5-3 inch lift

So the Jeep feels like it’s darting around hard to explain

IMG_5546.JPG

Just looking for advise on best coarse of action

Sent from my iPhone using WAYALIFE mobile app

WJCO

Meme King
When does it occur? Highway speeds? Accel or decel? When hitting bumps?

Did the symptom occur after the lift kit or right after any other mods were done?

MDK210

You put all that money into a D30? Not smart.

I know you're supposed to be super edgy with your "Resident Smartass" description but being helpful or not saying anything would be nice instead of knocking someone for their build.

To the OP, camber is off from the factory so yours isn't bad and as far as the caster I would look into some front adjustable control arms to correct that.

Last edited:

TrainWreck618

Caught the Bug
I know you're supposed to be super edgy with your "Resident Smartass" description but being helpful or not saying anything would be a nice instead of knocking someone for their build.

To the OP, camber is off from the factory so yours isn't bad and as far as the caster I would look into some front adjustable control arms to correct that.

He’s not wrong... why would you truss, sleeve, and throw a locker in a D30? Not smart...

zimm

Caught the Bug
The right answer is to bump up castor to 5 degrees and see how it goes. Do you have adjustable lower control arms? Those should have been first before spending money on the D30, but that's another story.

MDK210

He’s not wrong... why would you truss, sleeve, and throw a locker in a D30? Not smart...

It's because the comment wasn't helpful and the OP has already done it I believe so what's the point in commenting on something that's already been done? Not everyone wants or can afford a $5K+ axle and if people don't understand that then that's on them. Maybe they wanted to extend the life of their 30 based on the off-roadiing they do. Not trying to jack the thread but it's comments like that which make people feel unwelcomed. If you're going to crap on someone's build at least be helpful with their question.

zimm

Caught the Bug
It's because the comment wasn't helpful and the OP has already done it I believe so what's the point in commenting on something that's already been done? Not everyone wants or can afford a $5K+ axle and if people don't understand that then that's on them. Maybe they wanted to extend the life of their 30 based on the off-roadiing they do. Not trying to jack the thread but it's comments like that which make people feel unwelcomed. If you're going to crap on someone's build at least be helpful with their question.

I'm going to guess that you have a D30 that you spent a bunch of money on too. You sure are crying about it. The OP isn't complaining about the comments. What have you done to be helpful with his question?

OverlanderJK

Resident Smartass

Truss, sleeve, lock a D30 is almost the same price as a PR44 with labor so your point is not a good one. And if you don’t like what you read, don’t read it. It’s pretty simple.

TrainWreck618

Caught the Bug

Just because it’s already been done doesn’t mean it’s right. Hopefully someone who doesn’t know any better reads this and realizes it’s not a good idea. You don’t need 5k+ to drop on an axle if you want to upgrade your D30. If you want a stronger axle you would be better off spending $1000 or less on a used Rubi take off and still be into a front end for less than sleeves truss and lockers in a 30 would cost you.

MDK210

I'm going to guess that you have a D30 that you spent a bunch of money on too. You sure are crying about it. The OP isn't complaining about the comments. What have you done to be helpful with his question?

I have a stock D30 and I answered his question in my post. Always gotta love guys like you insulating people.

jesse3638

Hooked
On a stock housing you don't really want to exceed the factory setup at 4.2 degrees.

Sent from my ONEPLUS A3000 using WAYALIFE mobile app

I've been running about 4.8 degrees for over 6 years and have had no problem. You can set your caster where ever you'd like. The problems with adding too much is the driveline angle. WIth a CV front driveshaft once you exceed about 5 you set yourself up for driveline vibrations.

A.J.

Hi my name is A.J. and I spent way too much money on a d30.....which has nothing to do with how much caster the OP has on a 2 door with a lift. Just curious though since this is the second thread by the same OP with nearly the same title why are we going through this all again. Read the do it yourself alignment how to and figure it out already.

Top Bottom