Page 2 of 7 FirstFirst 1234 ... LastLast

Thread: The rise of the Pooper (aka Mocha)

Been Around the Block mstraw9379's Avatar
    Today is the day. I have all the parts and finally have the time.
    I'm leaving PA and heading to the house in NJ. By 1000 Mocha should be on a lift at Naval Station Lakehurst.

Wish me luck.

You got this. Take before and after pics.

Sent from my iPad using WAYALIFE mobile app

I had an Aunt that had a small farm behind Lakehurst Naval Airstation many years ago...she remembered watching the Hindenburg light up from her back porch...

Interesting thread title...

Quote Originally Posted by Brute View Post
    I had an Aunt that had a small farm behind Lakehurst Naval Airstation many years ago...she remembered watching the Hindenburg light up from her back porch...

Interesting thread title...
    Thank you.

I get to the house in NJ and take a last picture of Mocha before I start.
    1108180742.jpg

I also took a picture of the parts and tools in my daughter's truck.
    1108180742_HDR.jpg

Then it was off to the base. I get there and there is a temporarily closed sign on the Auto Hobby shop door. A couple panicked calls later and I find out they are just running behind.

We get her up on the lift.
    1108181113.jpg

Unfortunately they had to close early. Instead of working until 1800 we only got until 1430. So I had to leave her there tonight. We got about halfway through the front. I'm sure that is pretty slow, but I really have no idea what I'm doing here.
    Last edited by mstraw9379; 11-10-2018 at 11:20 AM. Reason: Spelling

So here we are. Day two is over. Unfortunately I'm still not done. Just a few minor things left before getting her over to get tires.
    Rear is complete (except torque track bar and bleed brakes.
    Front is almost done. Need to reattach and torque track bar, bleed brakes, and and finish installing the draglink flip kit. I did learn a valuable lesson, the drag link is reverse threaded. I fought with that thing forest longer than I should have.
    So here are some pics I took today.

1109180907.jpg
    1109180908.jpg
    1109180908b.jpg
    1109181451.jpg

So any thoughts? Does it look like I'm doing this right?
    Any feedback is welcome. Tomorrow is my last available day to do work. Then tires and alignment. After that is back to PA on Sunday.

I won't get to mounting the rock sliders this time around. That will probably wait until spring.
    Last edited by mstraw9379; 11-10-2018 at 11:19 AM. Reason: Spelling

Been Around the Block CapnMericaMyCopilot's Avatar
    Maybe a bit too late but after fighting with bits I got a reamer off amazon to drill out the knuckle for the draglink flip. Went thru like butter

Other than that looks great! Have you checked your wheels will be ok backspacing wise? Not sure what the enforcer kit needs but I needed spacers even with my aftermarket wheels for the EVO coilovers. Mounting new tires to stock or are new wheels also part of the project?

Sent from my iPhone using WAYALIFE mobile app

If you guys use spacers don’t forget to take the little metal keepers off the wheel studs first

Quote Originally Posted by CapnMericaMyCopilot View Post
    Maybe a bit too late but after fighting with bits I got a reamer off amazon to drill out the knuckle for the draglink flip. Went thru like butter

Other than that looks great! Have you checked your wheels will be ok backspacing wise? Not sure what the enforcer kit needs but I needed spacers even with my aftermarket wheels for the EVO coilovers. Mounting new tires to stock or are new wheels also part of the project?

For drilling out the knuckle I used a unit that stepped to 7/8“. I ground off the last step of the bit which left me at the 13/16“ that was needed. It went through almost all of the way. I had to come up through the bottom to get the last 1/16th“ or so. It worked really well.

New wheels are not part of the project at this time. Will be using stock wheels and spacers.

Quote Originally Posted by JKbrick View Post
    If you guys use spacers don’t forget to take the little metal keepers off the wheel studs first

Thanks for the reminder. Over the last two days I've wondered why those were important to me every time I would look at them.

Page 2 of 7 FirstFirst 1234 ... LastLast