Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123

Thread: No Fender

Not to mention that it’s illegal in every state. Enforced or not it just screams “Pull Me Over”.

Quote Originally Posted by sipafz View Post
    Not to mention that it’s illegal in every state. Enforced or not it just screams “Pull Me Over”.
    All you need in OK to remain legal is mudflaps on the rear. No laws on front fenders. Still dumb for a street vehicle don’t get me wrong.

I'm surprised somebody hasn't made a set of truck type fender flares for the JK. Like a finished looking cap to cover the recessed areas where the flares fit. Something like in the picture.
    Attached Images Attached Images

Hooked
    Quote Originally Posted by FLAVE View Post
    Attachment 310419

There’s always the el cheapos

————————
    2016 Granite Crystal Metallic 2 door Jk
    I’m assuming those are the Smittybilt ones and to be honest after getting them on sale I was pleasantly surprised. I just needed something to clear the 37’s for now and my next step will be aluminum fenders but man anything other than plastic or those Smittybilt’s seem like a PITA to install. So if anyone finds them on sale I say go for it, fit and finish aren’t bad at all.

Quote Originally Posted by MDK210 View Post
    I’m assuming those are the Smittybilt ones and to be honest after getting them on sale I was pleasantly surprised. I just needed something to clear the 37’s for now and my next step will be aluminum fenders but man anything other than plastic or those Smittybilt’s seem like a PITA to install. So if anyone finds them on sale I say go for it, fit and finish aren’t bad at all.

They were basically the same thing. I don’t think they were a particular name brand but for just over 100 bucks.... worked for me. I had cut flares at first but the driver front decided that it didn’t like its home on the old jeep and flew off at 70mph and was destroyed by an impala.

————————

IMG_0394.JPG

IMG_0395.JPG

Cheapos survived a rollover pretty well I reckon.

————————

Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123