Page 2 of 9 FirstFirst 1234 ... LastLast

Thread: Patagonia M/T

Any longer term updates?

Fresh Catch
    I have them and I think they're great for the price. They grip nicely on slickrock and the roadnoise/manners are slightly better than the Nitto Ridge Grapplers I replaced with them. I don't see them lasting as long as one of the major brands as they are a softer compound, but still great if you don't daily your Jeep.

Quote Originally Posted by jorgelrod View Post
    Any longer term updates?
    They really haven't been out long enough to have a true long term update. Also, now that they done giving away these Chinese tires, they're not that much cheaper than a good set of name brand tires. Shop them now and you'll see they're only maybe $10 or so cheaper. Certainly, not worth it to me and they still look like ass.

Knows a Thing or Two RockinAZJK's Avatar

Patagonia M/T

I have to agree with Eddie on the look. They’re just plain ugly (some rigs look ok with them).

I have a couple of friends that run them and swear by them, one of them even had the Coopers first and still prefers the Patagonia (blasphemy, I know).
    That being said, I’ve also heard they’re very soft (bad for daily), and appear to not have a great sidewall Ridge for good cornering in dirt and sand. I’m really torn on these tires but ultimately don’t think I could bring myself to run them. I’d go with a Ridge/Trail Grappler, STT Pro, Toyo m/t, or even Maxxis Razr first. And seeing as I’ve only run 1 of those 5 I have a long way to go before the Patagonia makes my list

Sent from my iPhone using WAYALIFE mobile app

Nothing but a Thing RESURECTIONJK's Avatar

Patagonia M/T

To the OP.
    I think there are better options out there and as stated above, they are going up in price and being that a said “YouTube” channel is running them for free, they are somewhat inclined to only show the good and not the bad. Eddies long term testing of the STT pro that a lot of us are running is worth the watch. Especially considering he paid for every set and isn’t obligated to any kind of review let alone a positive one. Nothing wrong with getting an opinion on them, but there are better and much more proven options.
    Last edited by RESURECTIONJK; 02-12-2019 at 03:18 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by RockinAZJK View Post
    I have to agree with Eddie on the look. They’re just plain ugly (some rigs look ok with them)
    The only reason you think they look ok on those rigs is that you are distracted by the seat cover.
    When you look at the tires, they still look bad.

Quote Originally Posted by RESURECTIONJK View Post
    To the OP.
    I think there are better options out there and as stated above, they are going up in price and being that a said “YouTube” channel is running them for free, they are somewhat inclined to only show the good and not the bad. Eddies long term testing of the STT pro that a lot of us are running is worth the watch. Especially considering he paid for every set and isn’t obligated to any kind of review let alone a positive one. Nothing wrong with getting an opinion on them, but there are better and much more proven options.
    Well said.

Quote Originally Posted by RESURECTIONJK View Post
    To the OP.
    LOL!! Full disclosure - not "every set". But, make no mistake, it was we who did the purchasing FIRST and there's no way could make up the shit you've seen in our pics and videos over the last 3 years. As a way of saying thanks, Cooper has since helped us out a bit and they did send us a set of their new AT3's to test out on our Duramax. Clearly, people can believe what they want but if you trust that I'm a man of my word, I can assure you that I would still buy and recommend Cooper even if they hadn't shown us a little appreciation. Of course, I could say the same about other tires that are made in America such as Toyo and Nitto.

IMG_5940.jpg
    One of the guys I rode with Saturday was running a set on his LJ and they seemed to work pretty decently. I don’t personally think I would run them because my coopers at 35% tread were hooking up just as well as his were at almost full tread.

Captain Imachurity
    2003 WJ Build Thread
    2017 Gobi JKU Build Thread
    2016 Renegade Sport Build Thread
    2019 Compass Sport Build Thread

Knows a Thing or Two TheGrendel's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by longarmwj View Post
    IMG_5940.jpg
    One of the guys I rode with Saturday was running a set on his LJ and they seemed to work pretty decently. I don’t personally think I would run them because my coopers at 35% tread were hooking up just as well as his were at almost full tread.

LJs.

To add more info to this post, I’ve been driving on the snow and ice for the past few days and they have performed better than expected. Tons of traction. Difficult to break the tires loose. Maybe that’s just the 3.8. Wear still seems consistent throughout the tires. Still pleased. IMG_4404.jpg

Page 2 of 9 FirstFirst 1234 ... LastLast