Page 7 of 9 FirstFirst ... 56789 LastLast

Thread: WJ on one tons and 37's

Nothing but a Thing RESURECTIONJK's Avatar
    Awesome work! Canít wait to see it out on the trails here in Utah. Weíll have to get out this year for sure.

Quote Originally Posted by RESURECTIONJK View Post
    Awesome work! Canít wait to see it out on the trails here in Utah. Weíll have to get out this year for sure.
    Hopefully this summer. Had a set back today when I broke the grizzly in the rear axle. My own fault, I didnít know that I needed to remove the thrust washers when I put the locker in. damn thing didnít come with any instructions, and I failed to google it. Lesson learned. Iím going to take it apart tomorrow and hope like hell the ring and pinion are okay.

Sent from my iPhone using WAYALIFE mobile app

Man, can't remember seeing your rig. Awesome!!!
    DID I MENTION MY RIG IS FOR SALE?

ďDogs are our link to paradise. They don't know evil or jealousy or discontent. To sit with a dog on a hillside on a glorious afternoon is to be back in Eden, where doing nothing was not boring--it was peace.Ē

ďTwenty years from now you will be more disappointed by the things that you didn't do than by the ones you did do...
    Explore. Dream. Discover."

"Take a compass, because it's always awkward when you have to eat a friend."

Quote Originally Posted by catahoula View Post
    Man, can't remember seeing your rig. Awesome!!!
    Thanks.

Been a while since I updated this post. I havenít done much other than buy more parts. But today I started rebuilding the 42re trans. I had a extra one and decided to give it a try. Iíve never rebuilt a automatic before. Honestly it hasnít been too bad, just following the step by step instructions in the book. That is until I started on the shift kit. That was a little harder than I expected. But I got it done after having shit fly across the shop several times and then having to find it. Once I get the trans done Iím going to install the front locker and on board air. After that some rework on the front suspension. Iím going to rebuild the track bar and mounts to see if I can reduce the amount of bump steer. Then I want to put a 20* bend in the lower arms to keep the tires from rubbing on them and be able to turn from lock to lock.

Iím hoping to have all this done by the end of next week.

I didnít take any pictures today, too busy reading and making sure I didnít fubar anything. When I do the suspension work Iíll be sure to take some pictures and post them.

Congrats on doing it yourself. Not too hard, but a lot of fucking parts to keep track of.
    Jeep parts and accessories purchased through the following link will help support this forum and at no cost to you.
    RECOMMENDED JEEP PARTS & ACCESSORIES

Support the JL forum: JLWRANGLER.COM

Jeep JT GLADIATOR FORUM: www.JT-Gladiator.com

Quote Originally Posted by WJCO View Post
    Congrats on doing it yourself. Not too hard, but a lot of fucking parts to keep track of.
    Hell yes there is. Overall itís going pretty good. Itís actually been kinda fun, itís nice to work on something that doesnít have to be done right now cause I need it for a change.

So sweet i love seeing custom builds! great work cant wait to see some pics of you wheeling it.

Quote Originally Posted by NastyNate View Post
    So sweet i love seeing custom builds! great work cant wait to see some pics of you wheeling it.
    Thanks, itís been a hell of a project. Lately Iíve been struggling with every little thing that Iíve done to it. Iíll get it all done this summer though, just need to keep at it.

Fresh Catch
    Nice work!
    Does it matter the amount of teeth in the new tone ring for it to work with the computer?

Page 7 of 9 FirstFirst ... 56789 LastLast