WJ on one tons and 37's

trplxj

Looks awesome. What's the plans for bumpers?

Right now I’m going to put the plastic factory ones back on. In the spring I hope to put some bumpers from Trail Forged on it. They say they’ll have their rear bumper available in the spring. The front is available now. But I don’t have the money right now.

Sent from my iPhone using WAYALIFE mobile app

trplxj

Made some really good progress today. I finished fabing up the track bar, and it fit perfectly. And I got the speedo to work. That got me really excited. I wasn’t sure if putting tone rings on the 14 bolt hubs, and fabing up my own mounts for the stock ABS sensors was going to work or not. And whether I jumped the correct wires at the ABS module under the hood.

And I got one removable mud flap mount made. I ran out of steel to finish the other one. IMG_1773.jpg IMG_1772.jpg

Brute

Hooked
Made some really good progress today. I finished fabing up the track bar, and it fit perfectly. And I got the speedo to work. That got me really excited. I wasn’t sure if putting tone rings on the 14 bolt hubs, and fabing up my own mounts for the stock ABS sensors was going to work or not. And whether I jumped the correct wires at the ABS module under the hood.

And I got one removable mud flap mount made. I ran out of steel to finish the other one. View attachment 315047 View attachment 315048

I've never been a fan of speedo's...give me a decent board short any day...

trplxj

I’ve been really busy the last couple weeks. I’ve got a bunch done, but I didn’t really take time to take pics.

I drove it on the highway today for the first time since I started the build. It seems to be okay other then the t case either won’t stay in 4 hi or won’t go into 4 hi [emoji35]. Not sure what the hell is going on. When I bought the t case a couple years ago the guy I got it from was having the same problem. He had tore it completely apart, but then decided to swap to a np231. I got it and put it back together and didn’t see anything wrong. I ran it all last winter with zero issues. No that I put the SYE in it I’m having problems. So I’m on the hunt for another np242hd.

I did get the twin stick made and installed using another factory shifter. It works awesome. Both cases shift fine. Other than the 242 popping out of gear.

Not the best pics, but it gives you a idea what they look like. IMG_1796.jpg IMG_1797.jpg IMG_1798.jpg IMG_1799.jpg

WJCO

Meme King
I’ve been really busy the last couple weeks. I’ve got a bunch done, but I didn’t really take time to take pics.

I drove it on the highway today for the first time since I started the build. It seems to be okay other then the t case either won’t stay in 4 hi or won’t go into 4 hi [emoji35]. Not sure what the hell is going on. When I bought the t case a couple years ago the guy I got it from was having the same problem. He had tore it completely apart, but then decided to swap to a np231. I got it and put it back together and didn’t see anything wrong. I ran it all last winter with zero issues. No that I put the SYE in it I’m having problems. So I’m on the hunt for another np242hd.

I did get the twin stick made and installed using another factory shifter. It works awesome. Both cases shift fine. Other than the 242 popping out of gear.

Not the best pics, but it gives you a idea what they look like.

That's cool. Looks like a perfect fit.

WJCO

Meme King
Drives okay. I still need to work out a few bugs. It actually rides pretty damn smooth considering all the work that had been done to it. Biggest issue is some bump steer.

It's probably because of the steepness of your angles on your drag link and track bar. With that much lift, it will probably be hard to eliminate. Mine were about as steep as yours when I did my initial 4 inch lift and I had bump steer like crazy. When I did my axle swap, I flipped the drag link and raised the lower track bar end and they're close to horizontal now. The bump steer is pretty much gone.

trplxj

It's probably because of the steepness of your angles on your drag link and track bar. With that much lift, it will probably be hard to eliminate. Mine were about as steep as yours when I did my initial 4 inch lift and I had bump steer like crazy. When I did my axle swap, I flipped the drag link and raised the lower track bar end and they're close to horizontal now. The bump steer is pretty much gone.

Unfortunately I can’t get them any flatter. Not without some crazy tall brackets. I have a drop pitman arm I could use to get the drag link flat. But the track bar....that’s a different story. The mounts are already longer then I would like them. I’m probably just going to have to deal with it. It’s not my daily driver, so it doesn’t need to be perfect.

Top Bottom