WJ on one tons and 37's

jorgelrod

Hooked
Finally go the damn thing on the road. And took a couple poser shots. The sway bar was hooked up so the rear was doing most of the work. View attachment 317644 View attachment 317645 View attachment 317646 View attachment 317647 View attachment 317648

I’ll see how it works out. I could always remove the spacers if I need to. Mine is currently sitting at 8.5 front and 6.5 rear on 35s. HP44/D60 combo with custom 4 link rear and radius arm front. 5.13s, spool with hubs, etc
View attachment 313349

All these pics make me miss my WJ so much, she was a classy gal...
DSC02529.jpg
DCP_1241.jpg

trplxj

All these pics make me miss my WJ so much, she was a classy gal...
View attachment 328546
View attachment 328547

I’ve always like he WJ and thought that they would make a great trail rig. I finally had the chance build one, so I decided to go big.

I’m still working on it and have a bunch of stuff to do. But it will get its first trail ride this September when it take it to Moab for 10 days.

Sent from my iPhone using WAYALIFE mobile app

longarmwj

for sure, the only thing against them was the unibody, but everything else on them was top notch, the WJ was the last of the Decent Grand Cherokees
The unibody is fine if you weld some stiffeners in there. I had a WK2 for a while and it was honestly a super capable rig despite not having solid axles. The traction control system in it is so aggressive that it is almost like it's locked front and rear at certain times. It got through stuff that it shouldn't have been able to get through.

Abntroop

The unibody is fine if you weld some stiffeners in there. I had a WK2 for a while and it was honestly a super capable rig despite not having solid axles. The traction control system in it is so aggressive that it is almost like it's locked front and rear at certain times. It got through stuff that it shouldn't have been able to get through.

Agreed, the WK2 is comfortable and capable.

trplxj

I haven’t been on the forum for a while and it’s been even longer since I did any work on the Jeep. So I thought I would give a update.

I’ve been working for probably the last two months on my tow rig. I put a new engine in it. Had the transmission rebuilt. Put a Holley terminator EFI system on it. And new Dakota digital gauges. That project is pretty much done. I’ve been driving it and getting the engine broke in. The real test for it will be in two weeks when I load my Jeep on the trailer and head to Jackpot Nevada. Then in September I’m headed to Moab for 11 days.

Back to the Jeep. Today I got the new valve body installed in the trans. I screwed up the original one somehow when I did the shift kit and rebuilt the trans. Live and learn. Then I pulled the front axle apart and installed the Yukon zip locker. A Dana 60 zip locker with ring gear is fucking heavy. I got the front axle all back together and called it a day. Tomorrow I’ll get the onboard air installed and the air line run to the locker.

Then the fun stuff begins. The bumpers. I’ve been lookin forward to getting the bumpers all welded up and on the Jeep. I’ll make sure to do a better job of taking pictures as I go with the bumpers. I failed big time today with the whole picture thing. Didn’t take a single one.

trplxj

Once again I did a shitty job taking pictures of the progress.

The zip locker is in in the front axle, the onboard air is mounted and almost all done. Just need to run the power wires to the compressors. And the front of the Jeep has been hacked, and the new bumper fit up. The bumper was a lot of work. It came as laser cut flat sheets and I had to bend and weld it all up. The rear is the same way. The rear is partially done. I should have it done in the next day or two.

Here’s the only picture that I took that’s worth a damn.

IMG_0027.jpg

WJCO

Meme King
Once again I did a shitty job taking pictures of the progress.

The zip locker is in in the front axle, the onboard air is mounted and almost all done. Just need to run the power wires to the compressors. And the front of the Jeep has been hacked, and the new bumper fit up. The bumper was a lot of work. It came as laser cut flat sheets and I had to bend and weld it all up. The rear is the same way. The rear is partially done. I should have it done in the next day or two.

Here’s the only picture that I took that’s worth a damn.

View attachment 332981

Looks good. What kind of rear bumper did you get?

Are the d ring tabs welded on the back side as well? It’s hard to tell on my phone but did you get adequate penetration on these front welds?

IMG_4111.jpg

Sent from my iPhone using WAYALIFE

Top Bottom