Page 3 of 11 FirstFirst 12345 ... LastLast

Thread: VIDEO : JEEP GLADIATOR Truck Highlights & Close Up Look at the 2018 LA Auto Show

Fins.jpg
    Quote Originally Posted by StormTrooper_JK View Post
    So, I think I like this rig, god knows I’ve been looking forward to it. But, I’m concerned about break-over and departure angles with its length. Will this be trail capable? Are these valid concerns? It’s significantly longer than my JK and I know that can be tight on some trails. I don’t know that it would have been able to do the Arizona trail that Eddie just posted that awesome video of. Just my 2 cents. I could be wrong.

Sent from my iPhone using WAYALIFE mobile app
    It's a truck...so yes, break over and departure angles are not as good as any shorter wheel based rig with a bed...but my Brute has a similar wheelbase and 5" bed as the new Gladiator, and I have wheeled it in a lot of different places including most of the trails at Moab...where it excels is hill climbing and off camber situations...

As far as the Arizona JLX trip, they had a full size pick up support truck running the entire trail...
    Attached Images Attached Images

Very good video under slightly chaotic conditions. This bad boy looks way better with the camera rolling than pics alone. My wife just said, “That would be all the vehicle we would need, right? “ We’re still keepin’ our ‘92 Comanche though, the last of the last generation. I am excited!
    My other Jeep....Is a Jeep

Quote Originally Posted by Strainger View Post
    Something that struck me was the spare tire mount. It can hold a 35 with no modifications. Does that mean we will not be able to run 37s or does it mean that modifications can be made to accommodate larger tires? In any case, I really really like this truck and the towing capacity. My co-driver has been looking at trailers lately with an eye on road trips.
    If you go up to 37's or 40's, you will have to put the spare in the bed like I did with my Brute...

Nothing but a Thing RESURECTIONJK's Avatar
    Great to see some of the folks from the “Heart and Soul” series’s still doing what they do. Emotional for them no doubt. It’s great that the engineers that have been pushing so hard for his to come to life to finally be rewarded for their hard work with an epic launch. Well done!!!

Holy badass! I need one!!! I can’t wait to see what you do with it Eddie!

Great video as always. You can really see that the designers care about this vehicle...which is cool.
    Jeep parts and accessories purchased through the following link will help support this forum and at no cost to you.
    RECOMMENDED JEEP PARTS & ACCESSORIES

Quote Originally Posted by Brute View Post
    Fins.jpg

It's a truck...so yes, break over and departure angles are not as good as any shorter wheel based rig with a bed...but my Brute has a similar wheelbase and 5" bed as the new Gladiator, and I have wheeled it in a lot of different places including most of the trails at Moab...where it excels is hill climbing and off camber situations...

As far as the Arizona JLX trip, they had a full size pick up support truck running the entire trail...
    Good info, thanks. I feel like if I’d thought it through a little more...um, yeah. 3 days of day drinking in Vegas will do that to you.

Sent from my iPhone using WAYALIFE mobile app

Been Around the Block
    If you go up to 37's or 40's, you will have to put the spare in the bed like I did with my Brute...
    I thought as much. Lose a little in the back for storage but worth it to have the spare along with you. I could live with that.

Fins.jpg

thank you for the common sense answer! I hear so many complaints from people all over the internet about how long it is. It's a (real) truck so it's going to be longer than your Wrangler and that's OK. So it may not do everything a Wrangler will do. It will still do WAY more than any other pick-up out there. And once the aftermarket gets rolling, who knows? I like it. I could do most of the wheeling that i want and still be able to tow a decent size trailer to camp.

Being a truck guy at my Core.... I REALLY like the Gladiator. I think they did a fantastic job and it has a shit ton of potential as a Dual purpose Rig. Great coverage as usual, and really enjoy your interaction with industry members.

Page 3 of 11 FirstFirst 12345 ... LastLast