Page 6 of 7 FirstFirst ... 4567 LastLast

Thread: Rubicon trip 8/5 -8/7 2019

Quote Originally Posted by Abntroop View Post
    Laurie and I are a tentative yes. I've wanted to do the rubicon for years but could just never seem to schedule it right. with us having just moved down here, and it being next door, I said come hell or high water I wanted to do it this year but sure would prefer doing it with some folks a bit more knowledgeable on the crawling side of things as my experience lays in tight tree ridden muddy PNW trails. whole different animal. I'm only running 34's currently though, next bump will be 37's towards the end of this year or early next.
    To ease any fear you may have, my friend and I did it last year and he is in 34's like you. We had a few places he needed a strap or winch, but made the trail with no damages.

Quote Originally Posted by jdofmemi View Post
    To ease any fear you may have, my friend and I did it last year and he is in 34's like you. We had a few places he needed a strap or winch, but made the trail with no damages.
    Right on I was more concerned as it had been posted 35’s min.

Sent from my iPhone using WAYALIFE mobile app
    Matthew Nicholas
    The Wampa- 16’ JK Rubicon Hard Rock
    Jeep parts and accessories purchased through the RECOMMENDED-Jeep-Parts-amp-Accessories section of this forum will help support this forum and at no cost to you.

Knows a Thing or Two danford.lau's Avatar

Interested

Very interested in both the Rubicon and the Fordyce after as part of the Sierra Trek.

Still tentative on being able to make the 8/5 start time given weekend plans (wedding)... but hopeful if you guys have space. Definitely interested in joining the Fordyce run with the Sierra Trek and River Run after. Will be signing up for that .

Quote Originally Posted by danford.lau View Post
    Very interested in both the Rubicon and the Fordyce after as part of the Sierra Trek.

Still tentative on being able to make the 8/5 start time given weekend plans (wedding)... but hopeful if you guys have space. Definitely interested in joining the Fordyce run with the Sierra Trek and River Run after. Will be signing up for that .
    A number of people will be staying at the Kingvale Lodge Thursday and Friday nights. It’s much closer to the Fordyce start than the Sierra Trek campsite. I have a reservation at Kingvale for Thursday, Friday, and Saturday nights (August 8-10), but my lodging plans have changed and I no longer need it. Let me know if you’re interested in taking the room. I’d rather transfer the registration and avoid a cancellation fee.

Quote Originally Posted by fiend View Post
    A number of people will be staying at the Kingvale Lodge Thursday and Friday nights. It’s much closer to the Fordyce start than the Sierra Trek campsite. I have a reservation at Kingvale for Thursday, Friday, and Saturday nights (August 8-10), but my lodging plans have changed and I no longer need it. Let me know if you’re interested in taking the room. I’d rather transfer the registration and avoid a cancellation fee.

Thanks

Guys is there still room on this run ? What’s the overall count ? Would have to move some stuff around in order to join so curious to hear if possible

Thanks

Guys is there still room on this run ? What’s the overall count ? Would have to move some stuff around in order to join so curious to hear if possible

Sounds like you and Strodinator are in if you can make it work. Hopefully Tom will update the list and we can get everyone on the group text for further planning and information. Yay!

Update the god damn list!!

Matthew Nicholas
    The Wampa- 16’ JK Rubicon Hard Rock
    Jeep parts and accessories purchased through the RECOMMENDED-Jeep-Parts-amp-Accessories section of this forum will help support this forum and at no cost to you.

Cleared the schedule . We are in! Will be driving up from LA and can meet up for dinner on Sunday . Will not be joining for Fordyce but looking forward to joining you guys on the Rubicon !

Cleared the schedule . We are in! Will be driving up from LA and can meet up for dinner on Sunday . Will not be joining for Fordyce but looking forward to joining you guys on the Rubicon !

It’s going to be a great trip.

Are folks going with no tops ? Doors ? May be tough with long drive

Page 6 of 7 FirstFirst ... 4567 LastLast