Page 6 of 7 FirstFirst ... 4567 LastLast
Results 51 to 60 of 70

Thread: Rubicon trip 8/5 -8/7 2019

  1. #51
    Nothing but a Thing jdofmemi's Avatar
    Join Date
    Mar 2018
    Location
    Menifee CA
    Posts
    1,622
    Quote Originally Posted by Abntroop View Post
    Laurie and I are a tentative yes. I've wanted to do the rubicon for years but could just never seem to schedule it right. with us having just moved down here, and it being next door, I said come hell or high water I wanted to do it this year but sure would prefer doing it with some folks a bit more knowledgeable on the crawling side of things as my experience lays in tight tree ridden muddy PNW trails. whole different animal. I'm only running 34's currently though, next bump will be 37's towards the end of this year or early next.
    To ease any fear you may have, my friend and I did it last year and he is in 34's like you. We had a few places he needed a strap or winch, but made the trail with no damages.

  2. #52
    Been Around the Block Abntroop's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jan 2019
    Location
    Reno, NV
    Posts
    323
    Quote Originally Posted by jdofmemi View Post
    To ease any fear you may have, my friend and I did it last year and he is in 34's like you. We had a few places he needed a strap or winch, but made the trail with no damages.
    Right on I was more concerned as it had been posted 35’s min.


    Sent from my iPhone using WAYALIFE mobile app
    Matthew Nicholas
    The Wampa- 16’ JK Rubicon Hard Rock
    Jeep parts and accessories purchased through the RECOMMENDED-Jeep-Parts-amp-Accessories section of this forum will help support this forum and at no cost to you.

  3. #53
    Knows a Thing or Two danford.lau's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jan 2018
    Location
    West Los Angeles
    Posts
    522

    Interested

    Very interested in both the Rubicon and the Fordyce after as part of the Sierra Trek.

    Still tentative on being able to make the 8/5 start time given weekend plans (wedding)... but hopeful if you guys have space. Definitely interested in joining the Fordyce run with the Sierra Trek and River Run after. Will be signing up for that .

  4. #54
    Old Timer fiend's Avatar
    Join Date
    May 2017
    Location
    SoCal
    Posts
    3,144
    Quote Originally Posted by danford.lau View Post
    Very interested in both the Rubicon and the Fordyce after as part of the Sierra Trek.

    Still tentative on being able to make the 8/5 start time given weekend plans (wedding)... but hopeful if you guys have space. Definitely interested in joining the Fordyce run with the Sierra Trek and River Run after. Will be signing up for that .
    A number of people will be staying at the Kingvale Lodge Thursday and Friday nights. It’s much closer to the Fordyce start than the Sierra Trek campsite. I have a reservation at Kingvale for Thursday, Friday, and Saturday nights (August 8-10), but my lodging plans have changed and I no longer need it. Let me know if you’re interested in taking the room. I’d rather transfer the registration and avoid a cancellation fee.


    Sent from my iPhone using WAYALIFE mobile app

  5. #55
    Knows a Thing or Two danford.lau's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jan 2018
    Location
    West Los Angeles
    Posts
    522
    Quote Originally Posted by fiend View Post
    A number of people will be staying at the Kingvale Lodge Thursday and Friday nights. It’s much closer to the Fordyce start than the Sierra Trek campsite. I have a reservation at Kingvale for Thursday, Friday, and Saturday nights (August 8-10), but my lodging plans have changed and I no longer need it. Let me know if you’re interested in taking the room. I’d rather transfer the registration and avoid a cancellation fee.


    Sent from my iPhone using WAYALIFE mobile app
    Thanks

    Guys is there still room on this run ? What’s the overall count ? Would have to move some stuff around in order to join so curious to hear if possible


    Sent from my iPhone using WAYALIFE mobile app

  6. #56
    Knows a Thing or Two A.J.'s Avatar
    Join Date
    Jun 2015
    Location
    Grants Pass Or.
    Posts
    780
    Quote Originally Posted by danford.lau View Post
    Thanks

    Guys is there still room on this run ? What’s the overall count ? Would have to move some stuff around in order to join so curious to hear if possible


    Sent from my iPhone using WAYALIFE mobile app
    Sounds like you and Strodinator are in if you can make it work. Hopefully Tom will update the list and we can get everyone on the group text for further planning and information. Yay!


    Sent from my iPhone using WAYALIFE mobile app

  7. #57
    Been Around the Block Abntroop's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jan 2019
    Location
    Reno, NV
    Posts
    323
    Update the god damn list!!


    Sent from my iPhone using WAYALIFE mobile app
    Matthew Nicholas
    The Wampa- 16’ JK Rubicon Hard Rock
    Jeep parts and accessories purchased through the RECOMMENDED-Jeep-Parts-amp-Accessories section of this forum will help support this forum and at no cost to you.

  8. #58
    Knows a Thing or Two danford.lau's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jan 2018
    Location
    West Los Angeles
    Posts
    522
    Cleared the schedule . We are in! Will be driving up from LA and can meet up for dinner on Sunday . Will not be joining for Fordyce but looking forward to joining you guys on the Rubicon !


    Sent from my iPhone using WAYALIFE mobile app

  9. #59
    Old Timer fiend's Avatar
    Join Date
    May 2017
    Location
    SoCal
    Posts
    3,144
    Quote Originally Posted by danford.lau View Post
    Cleared the schedule . We are in! Will be driving up from LA and can meet up for dinner on Sunday . Will not be joining for Fordyce but looking forward to joining you guys on the Rubicon !


    Sent from my iPhone using WAYALIFE mobile app
    It’s going to be a great trip.


    Sent from my iPhone using WAYALIFE mobile app

  10. #60
    Knows a Thing or Two danford.lau's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jan 2018
    Location
    West Los Angeles
    Posts
    522
    Are folks going with no tops ? Doors ? May be tough with long drive


    Sent from my iPhone using WAYALIFE mobile app

Page 6 of 7 FirstFirst ... 4567 LastLast

Similar Threads

  1. Rubicon Summer 2019
    By Druhm06 in forum Trails & Upcoming Trips
    Replies: 2
    Last Post: 11-11-2018, 04:35 AM
  2. Replies: 33
    Last Post: 10-25-2018, 02:29 PM
  3. Rubicon Trip in May
    By t8er in forum Trails & Upcoming Trips
    Replies: 30
    Last Post: 05-20-2015, 10:36 PM
  4. 3/21/15 Rubicon day trip
    By spinuck in forum Trails & Upcoming Trips
    Replies: 0
    Last Post: 03-15-2015, 11:24 PM
  5. Trip through Rubicon 8/30-9/2
    By crippledpetey in forum Trails & Upcoming Trips
    Replies: 1
    Last Post: 07-09-2013, 02:33 AM

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •  
About us
“wayoflife” is a moniker that I’ve been using for 20 years now and I chose it because I think it does a great job of explaining, in simple terms, the passion I have for Jeeps and the Jeep way of life. This is a lifestyle that transcends age, gender and race as the only thing you need to be a part of it is a love for the outdoors, a desire to explore, a yearning to take on a challenge and a will to conquer it. Over the years, Cindy and I have attempted to capture the essence of this lifestyle through photographs and videos and share it with others around the world. And, this is how WAYALIFE was born.
Join us
WATCH OUR VIDEOS