Rubicon trip 8/5 -8/7 2019

fiend

Caught the Bug
Looks like fun. Your rocks out there are so different looking than ours.

A lot of the crushed and broken rock you see has been added over the years as part of trail maintenance.

Great video, looks like an awesome trail!

2015 JKUR AEV JK350
1985 CJ8 Scrambler

It really was a lot of fun. If you come to California put it on your list.

Good to see Bender in action again, looks like lots of fun out there. What's with the Lei?

Bender did great, I’m happy to say.

At Winch Hill 1 there was a tropical/Hawaiian theme party. If you made it up you got a lei. [emoji259][emoji267][emoji1341]*♂️

Sent from my iPhone using WAYALIFE mobile app

fiend

Caught the Bug
Nice!

Wish I could have been there.

I see wrenching in some pics. What happened?

Yeah you would have really enjoyed it Jerry.

One of the Jeeps in our group had a brake issue. Driver side rear kept locking up intermittently for no apparent reason. It took a bit to diagnose, but we eventually determined it was an electrical issue with the ABS controller. Unplugged and replugged. Problem solved.

OverlanderJK

Resident Smartass
Lol. Yeah, here’s the flow report. We were at about 1/6 of the usual 300 +/- cfs. View attachment 332712

Looking at the historical flow figures, second half of September looks like a good time to privateer it. [emoji848]

No this year. They are doing work on the damn so they are trying to drain it. The next three years I’m pretty sure.

jdofmemi

Yeah you would have really enjoyed it Jerry.

One of the Jeeps in our group had a brake issue. Driver side rear kept locking up intermittently for no apparent reason. It took a bit to diagnose, but we eventually determined it was an electrical issue with the ABS controller. Unplugged and replugged. Problem solved.

Glad it wasn't anything serious. Electrical problems can be a real nightmare to find and fix.

I will have to remember that in case it ever happens to me.

Top Bottom