Page 13 of 13 FirstFirst ... 3111213

Thread: Gruff JK is gonna be pissed

Quote Originally Posted by OverlanderJK View Post
    I think it’s the bar not the lights. I personally don’t like the look of the bar.

Sent from my iPhone using WAYALIFE mobile app
    Ya, it's starting to un-grow on me too...

Quote Originally Posted by wjtstudios View Post
    Yeah, they do kinda look like mouse ears. Do you even them with the LED lights?

I have these on my other Jeep and no, they're way too bright to use on normal roads, but they're nice to light up the sides of the road when I'm traveling home later at night from out of town. Especially in Winter on the back roads I tend to travel . There are a ton of deer here.

Quote Originally Posted by WJCO View Post
    Space them further apart or get a shallower bar. It may look better.

Attachment 321295
    Dammit - THAT"S the bar I was looking for. That's a Mopar bar, isn't it? Not sure that it'd clear the winch though. I'm just gonna bag the whole damn thing and put the lights on the A pillar once the mounts come in. They're up and out of the way of rocks & such there anyways.

edit: Duhr, thats a ZEON in the bumper

Quote Originally Posted by Andy5160 View Post
    Nice winch definitely move the lights either to A pillars or Maximus makes s the bracket for those three bolts on the front bumper but damn thing is over $300 but I am sure there are less expensive options out there
    Sent from my iPad using WAYALIFE mobile app
    Yeah, moving the lights to the A pillars solves both problems.

Hey, when you get your winch plate get the Warn version unless you're going aftermarket bumper with the built in mount. It has to be easier than the Maximus one, although it's still gonna be a bitch to install inside the frame rails.

Why not get a light mount for the front bumper? Would be easy to fab up. Piece of angle iron.

Jeep parts and accessories purchased through the following link will help support this forum and at no cost to you.
    RECOMMENDED JEEP PARTS & ACCESSORIES

2012 JK
    1975 DJ5

Quote Originally Posted by OverlanderJK View Post
    Why not get a light mount for the front bumper? Would be easy to fab up. Piece of angle iron.

Honestly, mounting the lights on that bar was an afterthought. I ordered the Rigid A pillar mounts before Christmas and they still aren't here and saw these mounts on Amazon & thought eh, what the hell. Now it's like, meh, I don't like them there. And I bought that bar as strictly a looks thing. The way it mounts on the bumper doesn't really offer much support, if any. IDK. Might ditch the whole bar thing. The bumper looks good enough without it.

Nothing but a Thing Saharaunlmtd's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by Ddays View Post
    Honestly, mounting the lights on that bar was an afterthought. I ordered the Rigid A pillar mounts before Christmas and they still aren't here and saw these mounts on Amazon & thought eh, what the hell. Now it's like, meh, I don't like them there. And I bought that bar as strictly a looks thing. The way it mounts on the bumper doesn't really offer much support, if any. IDK. Might ditch the whole bar thing. The bumper looks good enough without it.
    It will look real clean without the hoop. Def not gonna be able to keep the salt off of it though.

Nothing but a Thing AZ Explorer's Avatar
    The whole thing is looking great. The wheels with the white is a classic Jeep Golden Eagle look that I happen to love.

Quote Originally Posted by Saharaunlmtd View Post
    It will look real clean without the hoop. Def not gonna be able to keep the salt off of it though.

Ya, Hoops prolly gonna bite the dust. I figure pulling the line a couple times a Winter to wash it off will help extend the life of it. Damn salt

Quote Originally Posted by AZ Explorer View Post
    The whole thing is looking great. The wheels with the white is a classic Jeep Golden Eagle look that I happen to love.
    Thanks! Funny, I didn't make that connection til you said that. I like it!!

Page 13 of 13 FirstFirst ... 3111213