Safety hazard

USMC Wrangler

Lol only not good if the one comin at ya has those funny red an blue flashy ones .... heck I get em flashing me and I almost never use high beams unless I'm off road .. think its due to the lift cause I'm still running stock headlights

Sent from my SM-G892A using WAYALIFE mobile app

True. I’ve purposely adjusted my Trucklites down, a little at a time, until the majority of people don’t flash me. We do have some “special” cases in my neck of the woods that think they are the high beam police. They flash, I flash back. The don’t like my response they leave their high beams on...momentarily. That is, until I give them a face full of all my lights. That usually calms them down.

notnalc68

That dude from Mississippi
So why do they only run on low beam? Most cars with the fogs on don't bother me.

Now, what bothers me is the person that goes to Autozone and buys those damned blue headlight bulbs.

Sent from my iPhone using WAYALIFE mobile app

Jsouder53

Hooked
The only fogs or lights that bother me are the bro-dozers that have a higher lift in the front than the rear so their lights are pointing up as well blinding you in the face. Plus they typically have some sort of extra bright headlight or fog as well.

I’m obviously not going to get in a wreck over it like the dumbass that wrote the article... if anyone says they would, they shouldn’t be out driving then lol

cozdude

Guy with a Red 2-Door
I guess all the people that say that they blind them drive a Prius and lowered cars

Fog lights are super effective for helping increase the brightness of the road when driving in snow, fog, and dusty conditions based off of how they are aimed from the factory. Taking them away is more of a safety hazard. This is why they are so standard on 90% of the vehicles these days

wayoflife

Administrator
Staff member
I spend a lot of time on really dark highways and I'd have to say that fogs don't bother me but some of these new HID and LED headlights do being that they're crazy bright. This is especially a problem when they're on a pickup truck like a new F-250 with a heavy load or pulling a big trailer. Then, it's like they've got their high beams on.

USMC Wrangler

I spend a lot of time on really dark highways and I'd have to say that fogs don't bother me but some of these new HID and LED headlights do being that they're crazy bright. This is especially a problem when they're on a pickup truck like a new F-250 with a heavy load or pulling a big trailer. Then, it's like they've got their high beams on.

Same boat here. The newest GMC trucks pulling a heavy trailer give that effect too, with the fog/driving lights on. They are so bright I can’t tell if the dogs are on until I get up to them.

notnalc68

That dude from Mississippi

That’s the truth. Really, anything pulling a trailer will have that problem. I actually lowered the lights on my JKU for the towing trip to California. Adjusting headlights every time would be a problem, but I agree, some of the pickups have lights that are almost too bright.

Sent from my iPhone using WAYALIFE mobile app

98XJ06LJ

There also seems to be an increase of cheap aftermarket lights that do not have the beam direction / focus of factory or quality aftermarket lights.

Jackass's replace their headlights and fog lights with China lights that are blinding on coming driver's but the road surface in front of them is dark. Completely defeats the purpose of replacing the lights in the first place and blinds everyone else in the process.

Sent from my Moto Z (2) using WAYALIFE mobile app

nbunga

Caught the Bug
There also seems to be an increase of cheap aftermarket lights that do not have the beam direction / focus of factory or quality aftermarket lights.

Jackass's replace their headlights and fog lights with China lights that are blinding on coming driver's but the road surface in front of them is dark. Completely defeats the purpose of replacing the lights in the first place and blinds everyone else in the process.

Sent from my Moto Z (2) using WAYALIFE mobile app

But they look cool with a purple halo right!

Top Bottom