Page 2 of 7 FirstFirst 1234 ... LastLast

Thread: VIDEO : JL JOURNAL - Bumping Up to a Rancho 3.5 Inch Lift

Fresh Catch

Great job

You make the installation so easy. Excellent install video. Love the garage.

Quote Originally Posted by wayoflife View Post
    LOL!! The problem with working fast is that it's hard not to beat your hands up in the process.

Regarding the front track bar, I just measured the way I did on the rear with the track bar relocation bracket. Basically a level and a tape measure. From there, I find what the difference is and then add it to the total length of the track bar. Always measure eye to eye.

What size tire are you hoping to run? If you go 37's, you really don't need as much lift as this. However, if you want greater break over angles, this is the kit for you and yes, I would highly recommend front and rear shaft as well as a rear track bar relocation bracket. Without it, you will still have your rear pinion make contact with your gas tank at a full stuff.
    Thanks Eddie, nice video as usual.

Sent from my SM-G960U using Tapatalk

LOL!! The problem with working fast is that it's hard not to beat your hands up in the process.

Regarding the front track bar, I just measured the way I did on the rear with the track bar relocation bracket. Basically a level and a tape measure. From there, I find what the difference is and then add it to the total length of the track bar. Always measure eye to eye.

What size tire are you hoping to run? If you go 37's, you really don't need as much lift as this. However, if you want greater break over angles, this is the kit for you and yes, I would highly recommend front and rear shaft as well as a rear track bar relocation bracket. Without it, you will still have your rear pinion make contact with your gas tank at a full stuff.
    I was thinking 315's but I still have the 37 BFG KO2's on Chamber Pros that i was thinking about putting back on the JK and run the Coopers on the JL but either way I'll need wheels with 4.5-4.75 backspace (thinking non-beadlock).... so much for this being easy

Have the Rancho coils settled any?

Quote Originally Posted by jimmiceman View Post
    You make the installation so easy. Excellent install video. Love the garage.
    LOL!! It's just because I'm old now and have been doing this for a very long time. Thank you though

Quote Originally Posted by deezus View Post
    Thanks Eddie, nice video as usual.
    No problem, let me know if you have any other questions.

Quote Originally Posted by jeeeep View Post
    I was thinking 315's but I still have the 37 BFG KO2's on Chamber Pros that i was thinking about putting back on the JK and run the Coopers on the JL but either way I'll need wheels with 4.5-4.75 backspace (thinking non-beadlock).... so much for this being easy

Have the Rancho coils settled any?
    With 315's, I really wouldn't recommend this lift as it will yield way too much lift. If anything, their 2" Sport Lift is what I would recommend as it'll give you more like 3" of lift anyway. These coils have settled a bit but we still have over 4" of lift.

With 315's, I really wouldn't recommend this lift as it will yield way too much lift. If anything, their 2" Sport Lift is what I would recommend as it'll give you more like 3" of lift anyway. These coils have settled a bit but we still have over 4" of lift.
    I have a bad feeling if i put 315's on the JL i'm going to want 37's

damn, I wish the KMC Machete had more backspace on them.

I'd put the 37 BFG/Chamber on the JK and the 37 Cooper/Machete on the JL ...wheels

DDays, you need to buy another set of wheels

Quote Originally Posted by jeeeep View Post
    I have a bad feeling if i put 315's on the JL i'm going to want 37's

damn, I wish the KMC Machete had more backspace on them.

I'd put the 37 BFG/Chamber on the JK and the 37 Cooper/Machete on the JL ...wheels

DDays, you need to buy another set of wheels
    Haha, I have a set of 37" Coopers on Slabs that are tempting the shit outta me!

Quote Originally Posted by Ddays View Post
    Haha, I have a set of 37" Coopers on Slabs that are tempting the shit outta me!
    you know the inevitable

Cool Video!... I need taller jack stands to install my 3” lift, but now I’m questioning what height.. and if it will even be enough.... Also, did you end up removing the boots off your 9000’s? (I kinda want to remove mine)

Knows a Thing or Two MericaMade's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by TrailHunter View Post
    Cool Video!... I need taller jack stands to install my 3” lift, but now I’m questioning what height.. and if it will even be enough.... Also, did you end up removing the boots off your 9000’s? (I kinda want to remove mine)
    Harbor Fright had a good deal on a set of high jack stands. Heck if you live close you can borrow or come over and I can help you lift that bad boy. They worked perfect when I put a EVO 3.5 on my buddies JL a few weeks ago.

Eddie's what your overall thoughts of the Rancho kit? Do you like? Is there room for improvement?

Page 2 of 7 FirstFirst 1234 ... LastLast