Page 1 of 5 123 ... LastLast

Thread: VIDEO - JL JOURNAL : Which Would You Want - JL Wrangler Axle Tubes vs Dynatrac PR44

Question VIDEO - JL JOURNAL : Which Would You Want - JL Wrangler Axle Tubes vs Dynatrac PR44

Let's face it, when it comes to the strength of an axle housing, size matters! There really are no two ways about it and it is the reason why Dana finally decided to up-size the tube diameter on the front axles they make for the all new Jeep JL Wrangler. However, how much of an improvement did they actually make? Was it really enough to make a difference especially with them being wider and how does it stack up against a Dynatrac ProRock 44? In this episode of JL JOURNAL, you'll get a close up look at axle tube sizes and their wall thickness and you can decide for yourself - which would you want?

This is the first in a series of JL JOURNAL's that we've made to help educate people about JL Wrangler axles and why you might want to consider a Dynatrac ProRock 44. We hope that you'll find them to be informative. Please check back soon for our next installment.

PLEASE SUBSCRIBE
    If you enjoyed this video, Cindy and I would be grateful if you could please SUBSCRIBE to our YouTube channel!
    https://www.youtube.com/wayalife?sub_confirmation=1

Awesome video. It's great how Jim can explain things so us regular people can understand...haha. That new tube is huge. I'm curious as to what the PR60 or even 80 for the JL is going to look like. Hopefully its in the cards but I'm hoping for a PR44 under the JK in the coming months. Another great video thanks for sharing.

Tangible evidence doesn't lie. Gotta have the prorock.
    Jeep parts and accessories purchased through the following link will help support this forum and at no cost to you.
    RECOMMENDED JEEP PARTS & ACCESSORIES

Support the JL forum: JLWRANGLER.COM

Quote Originally Posted by jesse3638 View Post
    Awesome video. It's great how Jim can explain things so us regular people can understand...haha. That new tube is huge. I'm curious as to what the PR60 or even 80 for the JL is going to look like. Hopefully its in the cards but I'm hoping for a PR44 under the JK in the coming months. Another great video thanks for sharing.
    Well, the PR60 used what you see in this video - what the PR44JL will come with. The XD60 comes with 3.75" diameter tubes that have a 5/16" wall. The PR80 has a 4" diameter tube with .25" wall chromoly tubes.

Quote Originally Posted by WJCO View Post
    Tangible evidence doesn't lie. Gotta have the prorock.
    Seeing is believing for sure

That video perfectly explains the difference. Also, based on your comments about the width of the JLR axle versus the JLS axle, am I correct that the latter should be stronger? (Given the fact that a narrow length tube that is the same diameter as a wider tube should be stronger and have less stress.)
    Jeep parts and accessories purchased through the following link will help support this forum and at no cost to you.

That dude from Mississippi notnalc68's Avatar
    This is so good.

Sent from my iPhone using WAYALIFE mobile app

Build Thread-- http://wayalife.com/showthread.php?3...l-II-The-Deuce

Quote Originally Posted by Sharkey View Post
    That video perfectly explains the difference. Also, based on your comments about the width of the JLR axle versus the JLS axle, am I correct that the latter should be stronger? (Given the fact that a narrow length tube that is the same diameter as a wider tube should be stronger and have less stress.)
    LOL - someone is really paying close attention. YES, the Sport and Sahara axle would technically be stronger than a Rubicon if only because it's made with the same tube but narrower. They would have less leverage on them.

Quote Originally Posted by notnalc68 View Post
    This is so good.

Sent from my iPhone using WAYALIFE mobile app
    Why thank you sir

Nothing but a Thing RESURECTIONJK's Avatar
    With the added tube strength would you guys feel okay about running 40’s on the PR44JL providing you were also running a good chromoly shaft as well? Or would 37’s still be the max you’d run on it?

Page 1 of 5 123 ... LastLast