Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

Thread: JL JOURNAL : Checking Steering Components / Setting Toe / Recenter Steering Wheel

JL JOURNAL : Checking Steering Components / Setting Toe / Recenter Steering Wheel

After getting our brand new Dynatrac ProRock 44 installed on our Jeep JL Wrangler, there was one last thing we needed to do before we could head for home and that was to dial in our front end. Even though this was a brand new axle and everything should technically be the same, all it would take is for something to be a fraction of a inch off, to change something like toe or the position of our steering wheel. And, being that we have well over 20,000 hard miles on all our factory steering components, we thought now would be as good a time as any to also check the condition of our joints and bushings on the tie-rod, drag link and track bar. In this episode of the JL JOURNAL, you'll get to see Jim, the owner of Dynatrac explain how to do these checks, set your toe-in and recenter your steering wheel - essentially, basic front end alignment 101. Of course, this video can apply to anyone with a Jeep JK or JL Wrangler and we hope that you find the information in it to be useful.

PLEASE SUBSCRIBE
    If you enjoyed this video, Cindy and I would be grateful if you could please SUBSCRIBE to our YouTube channel!
    https://www.youtube.com/wayalife?sub_confirmation=1

Seems simple enough... Alignments so easy a caveman can do it. Lol.. great info!

This along with your diagram should give anyone the ability to do an alignment instead of paying a shop.

Sent from my iPhone using WAYALIFE mobile app
    RECOMMENDED JEEP PARTS & ACCESSORIES

2012 Dozer JK
    -Dynatrac PR44/Rubicon Rear
    -Nitto 37” Trail Grapplers
    -Rock Krawler 2.5” Lift
    -ATX Slabs
    -Warn VR8
    -EVO Armor/Bumpers

2012 Billet Silver JKUR
    -EVO DTD front and rear
    -Dynatrac PR60/PR80
    -EVO High Clearance Long Arm
    -Nitto 40” Trail grapplers
    -KMC Machetes
    -JE Reel 1410/1350 Driveshafts
    -Warn CTI 9.5
    -EVO Armor/Bumpers

1975 DJ5

Great information
    Thank you

Sent from my iPad using WAYALIFE mobile app

Nothing but a Thing QuicksilverJK's Avatar
    Nice video. That's the closest that I have seen the JL front end. The steering stabilizer mount on them is kinda funky looking.

Quote Originally Posted by TrailHunter View Post
    Seems simple enough... Alignments so easy a caveman can do it. Lol.. great info!
    now that's funny. Loved those commercials

Quote Originally Posted by OverlanderJK View Post
    This along with your diagram should give anyone the ability to do an alignment instead of paying a shop.
    Thanks! It's what we would hope. There really is no reason to pay a shop to do something you can totally do yourself and with just a 15mm wrench.

Quote Originally Posted by Andy5160 View Post
    Great information
    Thank you
    You bet! Glad you found it to be helpful

Quote Originally Posted by QuicksilverJK View Post
    Nice video. That's the closest that I have seen the JL front end. The steering stabilizer mount on them is kinda funky looking.
    It is different for sure. Kinda makes you wonder why the change up.

Nice addition to the DIY write up! So was your drag link and track bar loose?
    2013 JKU Sport "Spider" with some EVO goodies and a chop here and there

DIY trail/tube door build http://wayalife.com/showthread.php?24449-My-DIY-Doors

Overall "build thread" http://wayalife.com/showthread.php?2...ker-quot-build

Quote Originally Posted by USMC Wrangler View Post
    Nice addition to the DIY write up! So was your drag link and track bar loose?
    The tie-rod end on our drag link where it connects to the pitman arm was worn out... already

Quote Originally Posted by wayoflife View Post
    The tie-rod end on our drag link where it connects to the pitman arm was worn out... already
    Must be too many shopping trips. Those mall speed bumps and curbs are wearing shit out in a hurry.

That looks super easy! Thanks for showing us this Eddie and Cindy. I’ll definitely take a crack at this when the time comes.

Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast