Page 3 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast

Thread: A Bit of UNDER ARMOR for JET : EVO MFG JL Wrangler ProTek Skid Plates

Quote Originally Posted by USMC Wrangler View Post
    I definitely see what you’re saying about the ground clearance, or lack of. They do look purdy without scratches. Time to throw some ugly on them!

.................................................. ..............
    Overall "build thread"
    http://wayalife.com/showthread.php?2...ker-quot-build

DIY trail/tube door build http://wayalife.com/showthread.php?24449-My-DIY-Doors
    LOL!! I like how you put that

The skid plate looks awesome! Glad to see they left plenty of room for the drive shaft at full droop. Unfortunately it looks like it might be a rock catcher
    Jeep parts and accessories purchased through the following link will help support this forum and at no cost to you.
    RECOMMENDED JEEP PARTS & ACCESSORIES

October 16, 2013, wednesday early evening, east of the pacific ocean, selectee for truly random and boring Parking lot photo of the moment grand platinum prize winner!

2011 JK
    EVO Bolt-on Coilovers, EVO 1/4 pounder w/ stinger, 37" Cooper STT Pros, PR44, and some EVO stuff

Awaiting install-
    On Order-
    Want list- Evo carrier and skins, PSC hydro assis

jlwrangler.com

Quote Originally Posted by cozdude View Post
    The skid plate looks awesome! Glad to see they left plenty of room for the drive shaft at full droop. Unfortunately it looks like it might be a rock catcher
    I'll have to measure to get exact numbers but in places, you lose a couple of inches of ground clearance or more. Granted, this isn't unique to the EVO skids - ALL skids made like this rob you of ground clearance.

Quote Originally Posted by wayoflife View Post
    LOL!! I like how you put that
    Well, with all of the entertainment you provide, I’m glad I could give you a chuckle!
    2013 JKU Sport "Spider" with some EVO goodies and a chop here and there

DIY trail/tube door build http://wayalife.com/showthread.php?24449-My-DIY-Doors

Overall "build thread" http://wayalife.com/showthread.php?2...ker-quot-build

Fresh Catch
    It's pretty cool to see the evolution (no pun) of design and aesthetics of the aftermarket. Particularly with the JL. Less sharp bends and more smooth looking products. Not just with evo, but many other manufacturers as well.

is it the exhaust that makes forces the design to be that low?

curious to see hear/see how many hits it takes because it sits that low

Quote Originally Posted by jeeeep View Post
    is it the exhaust that makes forces the design to be that low?

curious to see hear/see how many hits it takes because it sits that low
    I'm sure that's part of the reason. I'm sure it'll do a good job of taking hits and it'll definitely be taking hits this low. Of course, pretty much all the skids out there are like this now. Too bad.

I've been running this skid for a few months now and it definitely holds up to the abuse. Only issue I have is how close it runs to the exhaust on my JL. Started making contact a while ago and you could feel the resonance in the floorboard until I made some adjustments.
    Attached Images Attached Images

Quote Originally Posted by JL_John View Post
    I've been running this skid for a few months now and it definitely holds up to the abuse. Only issue I have is how close it runs to the exhaust on my JL. Started making contact a while ago and you could feel the resonance in the floorboard until I made some adjustments.
    Well that's a bummer. Safe to say that you're not running the exhaust loop skid? I wonder if having it would have offered more structure and prevent that from happening.

Quote Originally Posted by wayoflife View Post
    Well that's a bummer. Safe to say that you're not running the exhaust loop skid? I wonder if having it would have offered more structure and prevent that from happening.
    No, I don't run the exhaust loop. Might have helped but just something else to take off when I need to work on the jeep. A little beveling with the grinder solved the problem.

Page 3 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast