Thread: Getting JET Back on Track Again : Rancho rockGEAR JL Wrangler Front & Rear Track Bars

Getting JET Back on Track Again : Rancho rockGEAR JL Wrangler Front & Rear Track Bars

Among the many projects that we've been working, getting JET back on track again has been pretty high up on our list of things to do. Up front, we've been trying to address a wobble in the steering wheel that we sometimes get, especially when it's cold out. Some people with the same sensation have been referring to it as a "ghost death wobble lite" and mainly because it never really goes full blown death wobble. Needless to say, one of the things we've done to help mitigate this wobble was to install a Rancho rockGEAR adjustable front track bar. With the all new D2 bushings they use, we now have significantly better, bind free articulation and one that requires no servicing and does a great job of reducing if not eliminating any side to side movement. This alone has done wonders to rid us of the wobble we've been feeling.

Of course, while we were at it, we decided to install a Rancho rockGEAR adjustable rear track bar as well to help us shift our rear axle more to the driver side. In spite of the fact that we're now running a much narrower aftermarket driveshaft and have an EVO track bar relocation bracket, we still found that our pinion yoke would make contact with the gas tank skid plate at a full flex. With this track bar, we've been able to eliminate that problem. Of course, we have a video of this coming soon but for now, here are a few pics of what they look like installed.

Rancho rockGEAR adjustable Front Track Bar

Rancho rockGEAR adjustable Rear Track Bar

BUY Rancho rockGEAR Track Bars for your JL Wrangler
    Rancho RS62128 rockGEAR Suspension JL Wrangler Front Track Bar
    https://amzn.to/2CuK9Dw

Rancho RS62131 rockGEAR Suspension JL Wrangler Rear Track Bar
    https://amzn.to/2JqT52N

Buying from the links above will help to support this forum and at no additional cost to you. Thank you for your support!

Nice! Glad you got it all straightened out.

Sent from my iPhone using WAYALIFE mobile app
    2015 JKU Rubicon AEV JK350
    1985 Jeep CJ8 Scrambler

Glad to hear this has helped the wobble. Any improvement in the wandering at highway speed? I saw you had some play at the pitman arm/drag link. You think this might help us “highway wanderers”?

Nice! Those look pretty beefy.

Very nice

Sent from my iPad using WAYALIFE mobile app

Quote Originally Posted by wjtstudios View Post
    Nice! Glad you got it all straightened out.
    Thanks! Still planning on installing a Synergy drag link being that our OE tie rod end at the pitman arm is already worn out and while we're at it, we'll install their tie-rod and stabilizer relocation too.

Quote Originally Posted by Regolith View Post
    Glad to hear this has helped the wobble. Any improvement in the wandering at highway speed? I saw you had some play at the pitman arm/drag link. You think this might help us “highway wanderers”?
    I can't say that we ever really had any wandering at highway speeds or at least, one that was abnormal. More like a symptom of an over sensitive electric steering pump than anything. Of course, now that we're running a ProRock 44 which has 6° of built in caster, that even seems a lot better.

Quote Originally Posted by Bear_JKU View Post
    Nice! Those look pretty beefy.
    You should feel how much heavier they are compared to OE track bars! It's like 3x the weight.

Quote Originally Posted by Andy5160 View Post
    Very nice
    Thanks! Very happy with what we got

Been Around the Block Jaybird 11's Avatar
    Rancho seems to have been putting alot of effot into the JL

Sent from my SM-G920V using WAYALIFE mobile app

Quote Originally Posted by Jaybird 11 View Post
    Rancho seems to have been putting alot of effot into the JL
    They've definitely upped their game. The best part about it is that most everything they make is made in the USA and the few things that aren't are made in Australia. While they may not have a sexy brand name, I've been finding their products to be surprisingly nice.