Page 4 of 4 FirstFirst ... 234

Thread: VIDEO : FIRST DIRT - Testing Out EVO's Bone Stock Jeep GLADIATOR Sport Off-Road

Quote Originally Posted by TrailHunter View Post
    Looks so Damn long..... maybe because it's black.
    I’m not gonna comment on that..

Quote Originally Posted by TOPLESS View Post
    Cool video. Do you know where the bigger spare tire is going to be mounted?
    It will have to be in the bed...

Quote Originally Posted by boardsurfer View Post
    That was a bit of a disappointment for sure. It appears to latch at the tailgate and the cab, but nothing in between? I guess that would require rails like around the wrangler tub for it to hold on to - that kind of thing around a truck bed wouldn't last.
    Quote Originally Posted by WJCO View Post
    I didn't even catch that. Had to rewatch the video. Yeah, that's no good. Our old truck had a Truxedo cover and it was very similar in design but had Velcro strips on both side rails. Worked great.
    I had an AEV cover for my Brute when I first got it...it folded into three sections, and had metal clips that grabbed the bed all along the bed rail; it was solid. I wish I still had it, I’d give it to Doug to see if it fit the Gladiator bed...I think it would have

Quote Originally Posted by Brute View Post
    I had an AEV cover for my Brute when I first got it...it folded into three sections, and had metal clips that grabbed the bed all along the bed rail; it was solid. I wish I still had it, I’d give it to Doug to see if it fit the Gladiator bed...I think it would have
    I appreciate the offer. Maybe AEV will build one for this model too. I looked online at various aftermarket companies for other trucks, there is so much out there. We'll likely just get the factory one and if it really pisses us off for some reason, we'll sell it and get a different one.
    Jeep parts and accessories purchased through the following link will help support this forum and at no cost to you.
    RECOMMENDED JEEP PARTS & ACCESSORIES

Support the JL forum: JLWRANGLER.COM

Jeep JT GLADIATOR FORUM: www.JT-Gladiator.com

That was such a cool video! Thank you for sharing it with us and giving us a first look at the Gladiator on dirt.

Sent from my iPhone using WAYALIFE mobile app

Quote Originally Posted by Mountainjk10 View Post
    The Gladiator looks great and it must have been a thrill for you to drive it. Question, what was up with the tonneau cover flapping in the wind while driving?
    Quote Originally Posted by boardsurfer View Post
    That was a bit of a disappointment for sure. It appears to latch at the tailgate and the cab, but nothing in between? I guess that would require rails like around the wrangler tub for it to hold on to - that kind of thing around a truck bed wouldn't last.
    Quote Originally Posted by WJCO View Post
    I didn't even catch that. Had to rewatch the video. Yeah, that's no good. Our old truck had a Truxedo cover and it was very similar in design but had Velcro strips on both side rails. Worked great.
    Not sure what the deal was with the tonneau cover. I think it just wasn't latched correctly but that could have been on me being that I opened it up earlier and didn't know how it went back in.

Quote Originally Posted by RESURECTIONJK View Post
    Leave it to Mel to give a brand new rig some battle scars! Excited to see how she turns out. Real question is, when are you guys pulling the trigger on yours and, what color? Sticking with white or changing it up a bit?
    We'll be getting one as soon as it's humanly possible. Mel just knows people in higher places than me

Quote Originally Posted by TOPLESS View Post
    Cool video. Do you know where the bigger spare tire is going to be mounted?
    I believe there are plans to make a rear swing out tire carrier.

Quote Originally Posted by longarmwj View Post
    Seems like it handled trails really well stock. The funny thing is I feel like the base level sport is going to blow to top trim Colorado, Ranger, Tacoma, and Frontier out of the water...don’t even get me started on the Rubicon trim....

Agreed. Compared to a Wrangler, the Gladiator is at a disadvantage for sure. Compared to all the trucks you just listed, it'll kick their ass

Quote Originally Posted by fiend View Post
    That’s gonna be sick on 40s.

You know it!

Now that I've seen it, the JT it sure does look like stiff competition for the other guys, especially at that entry price point. I thought I was done with long wheel base trucks, but I can imagine Mel's JT built out with a lift and big tires could change my outlook.

Sent from my SM-G965U1 using WAYALIFE mobile app

Quote Originally Posted by rubiDave View Post
    Now that I've seen it, the JT it sure does look like stiff competition for the other guys, especially at that entry price point. I thought I was done with long wheel base trucks, but I can imagine Mel's JT built out with a lift and big tires could change my outlook.

Sent from my SM-G965U1 using WAYALIFE mobile app
    In just a little over a week from now, you won't have to imagine what it'll look like

As always, awesome video and I am very impressed how that rig did just sitting as is!

Page 4 of 4 FirstFirst ... 234