Page 6 of 7 FirstFirst ... 4567 LastLast

Thread: VIDEO : KANE CREEK - Moab Easter Jeep Safari Fun Run with EVO

Quote Originally Posted by fiend View Post
    Metal tube genders look cool but like you, I’ve seen body damage they can cause.

I was making my way through Body Snatcher in Moab a few weeks ago. First time through, didn’t take a great line, and pinched my fender against the rock a couple of times. I was happy to have plastic fenders. They got scratched up a bit, but returned to shape and there was no damage to the sheet metal. Attachment 325664

Sent from my iPhone using WAYALIFE mobile app
    I witnessed that debacle happen, and indeed is impressive how the fender pops back into shape. I personally don't know though if the scrapes all over the fender is any more appealing than a rippled quarter panel.

Quote Originally Posted by Slimebones View Post
    I witnessed that debacle happen, and indeed is impressive how the fender pops back into shape. I personally don't know though if the scrapes all over the fender is any more appealing than a rippled quarter panel.
    The fancy MCE fenders Greer has show the scrapes a bit. The factory black ones, scrapes blend in and are hard to see.

I have torn mine off before I scraped them so hard. You can't even tell now. All it took was a few new plastic clips.

Quote Originally Posted by jdofmemi View Post
    The fancy MCE fenders Greer has show the scrapes a bit. The factory black ones, scrapes blend in and are hard to see.

I have torn mine off before I scraped them so hard. You can't even tell now. All it took was a few new plastic clips.
    Bonus.....

Quote Originally Posted by jdofmemi View Post

I have the “carbon fiber” ones. Not my first choice, but when you’re getting them on CL for less than half price, you can’t be picky.

Did that trail get harder the last year or two? Been prob 3 since I ran it but I remember maybe 2 obstacles worth looking at twice. Def looks way different than I remember.
    '14 JKUR

Quote Originally Posted by SDG View Post
    Did that trail get harder the last year or two? Been prob 3 since I ran it but I remember maybe 2 obstacles worth looking at twice. Def looks way different than I remember.
    I think all the trails are getting harder. A lot more guys out there with big tires and big horse power and not a whole lot of driving skill have been jacking things up.

Quote Originally Posted by wayoflife View Post
    I think all the trails are getting harder. A lot more guys out there with big tires and big horse power and not a whole lot of driving skill have been jacking things up.
    Mostly with TX license plates, from what I can tell.

So you are saying that mounting a set of 40s, then pointing at the rocks and pinning the throttle is not the way to go?🤣🤣🤣

Nothing but a Thing nmwranglerx's Avatar
    Kane creek is a great trail. I've never run it with experienced jeepers so it was cool to see the line that goes up the right side (steeper) of hamburger hill. You guys do such great video work. Just love watching and hope to wheel with you guys some time.
    "all roads lead somewhere" -anonymous

Haha, sounds about right. Finess? Ain't nobody got time for that!
    '14 JKUR

Page 6 of 7 FirstFirst ... 4567 LastLast