Page 3 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast

Thread: VIDEO : RIGHT PLACE RIGHT TIME - Lending a Helping Hand on our way Home from Moab

Very nice Cindy and Eddie! That was really cool of you to help them out.

Sent from my iPhone using WAYALIFE mobile app

Nicely done. You guys are the best. I always say it is building up good guy credits, plus someone put you there for a reason. I have been fortunate to save many in the desert over the years and had to turn in some of my credits last year in Sand Hollow when my side by side broke a front axle and rear drive line 12 miles from camp. Fortunately Gavin took me back to my side by side and help me install a drive line in the field. Now I need to get working on building up credits again.

Thanks for the great reminder video to always do the right thing.
    Low Prices! More Choices! Trusted Experts!
    At The Store: discounttire.com
    To Your Door: discounttiredirect.com

Useful Links:

Quote Originally Posted by Brute View Post
    My plane is pushing off ...I’ll have to watch this when I land. Of course Eddie & Cindy would come to the rescue of someone stuck...
    LOL!! It isn't much. Hope you had a safe flight and look forward to seeing you around soon

Quote Originally Posted by rumblebee3 View Post
    Love this!!!! I do this all the time as well and I try to do it as often as I can. 🍻cheers for you guys!!!
    It clearly is a Jeep thing.

Quote Originally Posted by wjtstudios View Post
    Eddie and Cindy to the rescue! Nice job guys, you really improved their day.
    Well, being that they had been out there for a while and that AAA was still 3 hours out, I have a feeling their day was definitely improved upon

Quote Originally Posted by jeeeep View Post
    well that brings back memories!

Use to go out to the Salt Flats long ago (gulp!) and would usually find someone thinking they could pull off the road and drive on the salt only to get stuck

It's great to have a Jeep with a winch at the right place and right time, that would've been an expensive short tow!
    Oh yeah, expensive an a very long wait along the highway.

Quote Originally Posted by jdofmemi View Post
    Way to save the day for those ladies.

A great example of the Jeep Wayalife 👍👍👍
    I'm sure all of you would have done the same

Quote Originally Posted by jesse3638 View Post
    Since Brute is on a plane I'll ask for him, what's with the hair and where is the thump thump music...haha. It's always nice when you can lend a helping hand. Had the same thing happen right across the street from my house. An old last got her Mercedes stuck in the sand trying to turn around. Grabbed a shovel and my welcome mat off my porch. Fortunately is want much work they just need one more person to help push and she was able to get out.
    LOL - too funny and way cool that you were able to help out like that.

Quote Originally Posted by DManuel View Post
    I always knew you were good people. Take care!
    Long time no see my friend. Hope you and Laura are doing well. We miss you two

Nothing but a Thing Shadow's_Jeep's Avatar
    Nice work.

His: 2009 Wrangler Unlimited X
    3.8- 6 Speed Manual
    Her's: 2016 Renegade Latitude
    2.4,9 Speed Automatic.
    Jeepers Creepers - 09 JK Unlimited X Flame Red
    Rough Country 2.5" Coil Lift kit.
    Meeko- 19 JL Sport Bikini Pearl

Quote Originally Posted by Jaybird 11 View Post
    I wonder how many people drove by in their jeeps and said ha ha should have got a jeep.
    There were a lot of cars that drove by even while we were there. Don't know how many were Jeeps but being that this was on the heels of EJS, there probably were a few.

Quote Originally Posted by boardsurfer View Post
    I'm a little surprised that car had an actual hook under it! Good karma for sure.
    Me too! If there wasn't, we could have done more harm than good trying to save them.

Quote Originally Posted by PokerStogey View Post
    Awesome guys!
    Just lucky to be at the right place and at the right time.

Quote Originally Posted by Jsouder53 View Post
    Good man right there. I’ve done that a couple times at my work pulling co workers out of the snow, today actually someone asked me at the job site if I had gas in my Jerry cans and sadly for the first time the answer was no... we were in the middle of nowhere too
    Wow, how'd he get the gas that he needed?

Quote Originally Posted by ScoobyCarolanNC View Post
    Nicely done! Have you ever done a “winch 101” video? I don’t remember seeing one on wayalife from my JK days. I’m in the market after a recent misadventure. I’m not thinking like “how to recover if you’re in X”, but more like “this is how to tension the line out of the box” & “here’s a starter list of gear & why you need it”. I’m sure there’s a lot of guys like me who’d like to pick your brain.
    I haven't but I suppose that wouldn't be such a bad idea to do.

Quote Originally Posted by dwvninety View Post
    Lucky gals or they would have had to wait 3 plus hours.
    That on top of how long they had already been there and how much it would have cost to get them pulled out.

Quote Originally Posted by TrailHunter View Post
    I bet they are probably trading that pile in for a JL. Future Wayalife Members.. lol. Nice Save.
    LOL - they definitely didn't have too much confidence in their car.

Quote Originally Posted by Sharkey View Post
    Nice work! Honestly, acts like that are one of my favorite things about owning a “prepared” rig.
    It's always nice to be prepared "just in case" and even nicer to be able to use it to help others out as well.

Quote Originally Posted by MTG View Post
    Very Cool.

Reminds me of that family we saved in Texas with the flat tire on the way to JKX.

Makes we want to buy a JL or JT vs the road machine I've been looking for.
    LOL - that's right! Forgot about that.

Quote Originally Posted by DMF View Post
    Nice work guys!
    Just lucky to be in the right place and at the right time

Very cool that being as busy as you two are there is always time to help out.

Quote Originally Posted by Ungust View Post
    You guys rock! It's great to show non JEEPERS that we can do much more than just go offroading.
    Always nice to help out where we can

Quote Originally Posted by Bear_JKU View Post
    Very nice Cindy and Eddie! That was really cool of you to help them out.
    Well, I'd like to think that we were just lucky to be where we were and when we were.

Quote Originally Posted by Discount Tire View Post
    Nicely done. You guys are the best. I always say it is building up good guy credits, plus someone put you there for a reason. I have been fortunate to save many in the desert over the years and had to turn in some of my credits last year in Sand Hollow when my side by side broke a front axle and rear drive line 12 miles from camp. Fortunately Gavin took me back to my side by side and help me install a drive line in the field. Now I need to get working on building up credits again.

Thanks for the great reminder video to always do the right thing.
    Sounds like an epic day out in Sand Hollow. Glad you were able to get helped out

Quote Originally Posted by Labricon View Post
    Very cool that being as busy as you two are there is always time to help out.
    Oh yeah, I'd hate to think anyone could ever be so busy as to not help out.

How very cool of you guys and how very lucky for them, nicely done!

VIDEO : RIGHT PLACE RIGHT TIME - Lending a Helping Hand on our way Home from Moab

It great you were there to help. Those gals could have been waiting for a long time for an expensive tow. I’m sure they were very grateful.

You guys know what you’re doing with a winch, and the risk in that particular situation was low, but I would just caution others less experienced that winching can be a very dangerous thing to do. Make sure you know how to use the equipment and, just as importantly, have a good understanding of the forces at work before you get too deeply into a rescue. You don’t want to bring a victim to a victim, either getting yourself stuck or possibly injuring someone.

Page 3 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast